NEW P375SM complete dis-assembly photo-tour

I don't understand making the gpu0 radiator thicker, but then not having the radiator go to the end of the fan. At least the gpu1 heatpipes are now in the middle of the radiator instead of close to the top edge. Even after redesign the gpu0 pipes are still close to one end though. I expect gpu1 to now have better cooling that gpu0, assuming die contact is equal.

And clevo had big enough radiators before. The problem is their atrocious die contact and gaps for air to pass around radiators. gpu0's air gap is now even bigger, and gpu1's fan blows the wrong way (air flow will be heavier on the end closer to the ends of the heatpipes, instead of the start closer to where the heat comes in). Die contact fix remains to be seen, but I am doubtful.

I like the idea of having the backplate drop down so that the vents are all in the backplate, getting rid of the seam between chassis and backplate, blocking airflow. The problem is clevo has that bar anyway and added another for some reason. Vent pics aren't here, but they were posted on nbr.

Also noticed that the gpu1 memory is now cooled by the same radiator as the core. That backside memory is gonna get toasty. In my p150em the memory radiator is much cooler than the core radiator.

This looks like a great laptop if you're ok with spending hours modding it fixing die pressure, restrictive vents, and air gaps, voiding the warranty the day you get it. The thing is most people don't do those things.

Great! Seems like the pre-production clevo units reviewd by noteboock check recently still had the old hs. Meaning we could see lower temps and less noise after all) tempting...

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Hey guys,

I acutally pre-ordered this laptop.

Does anyone know if the LCD screen will be same as p370em. Also if its 40 pin or 50 pin because since they don't offer 120hz screen yet Im thinking of upgrading the screen myself.

The old 120hz screen they used was lg lp173wf2 b1.

Maybe its too early to tell but if anyone have any info it would be great so I can order it since its cheaper doing it myself.

• Founder

It looks pretty good so far, what's the word on the heatsink contact with the die? I know Clevo has had some issues with their recent notebooks so hopefully they fixed that. I like the fact that the GPU's can be accessed from the bottom without having to tear down the entire laptop. Did you guys notice the top lid of the P375SM looks almost exactly like an Asus?

Hey guys,

I acutally pre-ordered this laptop.

Does anyone know if the LCD screen will be same as p370em. Also if its 40 pin or 50 pin because since they don't offer 120hz screen yet Im thinking of upgrading the screen myself.

The old 120hz screen they used was lg lp173wf2 b1.

Maybe its too early to tell but if anyone have any info it would be great so I can order it since its cheaper doing it myself.

The eDP connector is already on the board, so I would say that even if their current BIOS can't drive it yet that you can still count on them using the same board for the other model and that you can through in a 120Hz screen later, worst case after a BIOS update and that's my thingy ;)

68f8f188d43f8794779da19.jpg

OK!

Have you got the part number of the GPU and CPU heatsink for P177SM?

I think the CPU Heatsink didn't change, didi it?

Part number on new GPU Heatsink is (it is now one part for core and vRAM): 6-31-P158N-201-R

If you happen to get the upgrade kit part number 780M + P1xxSM heatsinks, let me know!

• Founder
I think the CPU Heatsink didn't change, didi it?

Part number on new GPU Heatsink is (it is now one part for core and vRAM): 6-31-P158N-201-R

If you happen to get the upgrade kit part number 780M + P1xxSM heatsinks, let me know!

RJTech should have the upgrade part numbers.

Does anyone if the new msata slots are msata 3? Both slots or just one? I just finalized my order with rjtech forgot to ask them, now to endure the wait >.<

Tested and confirmed it, all mSATA are now SATA3.

But something doesn´t smell right with the second mSATA, it doesn´t accept some mSATA brands... like CRUCIAL :S and ive seen some reseller selling units without that second mSATA, or better, they sell with a sticky "VOID WARRANTY IF REMOVED", meaning they don´t allow you to install the second mSATA for some reason that i still don´t know, and we (resellers in Europe) had no info from CLEVO about this... still inspecting this...

But something doesn´t smell right with the second mSATA, it doesn´t accept some mSATA brands... like CRUCIAL :S

This is either another crappy Clevo bios or (rather unlikely since the issue is only on one port) a mSata whitelist.

You're a technician for a Clevo reseller? I'm looking for a Clevo 8970m vbios, do you have one?

Unlike the others the "problematic" mSATA port is run by the Intel controller. Only Sager and it's re-seller don't see the port fit and are waiting for a BIOS update...all others use compatible mSATA and sell it...

This is either another crappy Clevo bios or (rather unlikely since the issue is only on one port) a mSata whitelist.

You're a technician for a Clevo reseller? I'm looking for a Clevo 8970m vbios, do you have one?

Nop sorry, i don´t think CLEVO ever made vbios available, or if they did it was one or two isolated cases.

I have my personal collection that i gathered but no VBios for that card YET, i guess i´ll only have it when i manage to get my hands on one. For what i know it should take around a month for us to start selling those...

Btw PREMA, since our last e-mail i got fully loaded with the new generation (updating website, checking the laptops, trying parts, etc), we´ll talk again as soon as we finish launching all new models. Setting up the "Customize you Laptop" for clients to build their laptops is a pain... so much to have in consideration, and too much responsibility with choosing the right components.

Thanks Prema and John for the info update.

Hmm that msata issue makes me glad i didn't sell off my samsung pro 840s, I should probably stick w/ those for now and just pop in a 1tb caddy and forget about the optical drive in all since i barely use it. If i do I have a external one i can use.

Before I was deciding weather or not I wanted to go raid 0 msata mushkin atlas and have 2 more 1 tb drives for the extra extra storage or go with the build i just said.

Im pretty sure if it is a bios issues they'll work it out soon.

But man it would be nice to have all that space and still have an optical drive.

I still got maybe 2 weeks to decide until i get mine from rjtech.

Got the barebone from them with 780m's sli, 1202 killer nic cause i wanted the bluetooth

at home I have my 2x 840 pro 256gb, 16 gb 1866 kingstons and 4800mq retail box (got that baby for 384.99 which i think is pretty cheap for a retail boxed version)

All ready to go once my laptop comes. Just kinds sad they didn't offer the GRID 2 promo =( i wanted a free game lol

Later Im gonna see which model they use for the 120hz panel and then order those from ebay or something.

Question for John,:

I know the 120hz replacement screen uses a 50 pin lvds cable. does the standard screen in the p375sm use 40 pin or 50 pin. Will i need to change the lvds cable to get it to fit. and where can i buy something like that i looked on ebay and such and can't find ones for clevo

Tested and confirmed it, all mSATA are now SATA3.

But something doesn´t smell right with the second mSATA, it doesn´t accept some mSATA brands... like CRUCIAL :S and ive seen some reseller selling units without that second mSATA, or better, they sell with a sticky "VOID WARRANTY IF REMOVED", meaning they don´t allow you to install the second mSATA for some reason that i still don´t know, and we (resellers in Europe) had no info from CLEVO about this... still inspecting this...

Has anyone yet got their hands on one of the new builds (I mean especially with the new case and the additional Thunderbolt connector)? The resellers I know are currently only providing the updated models with the same case (except for mysn, they did a rebrand on the touchpad and added a custom logo of theirs to it).

Thanks Prema and John for the info update.

Hmm that msata issue makes me glad i didn't sell off my samsung pro 840s, I should probably stick w/ those for now and just pop in a 1tb caddy and forget about the optical drive in all since i barely use it. If i do I have a external one i can use.

Before I was deciding weather or not I wanted to go raid 0 msata mushkin atlas and have 2 more 1 tb drives for the extra extra storage or go with the build i just said.

Im pretty sure if it is a bios issues they'll work it out soon.

But man it would be nice to have all that space and still have an optical drive.

I still got maybe 2 weeks to decide until i get mine from rjtech.

Got the barebone from them with 780m's sli, 1202 killer nic cause i wanted the bluetooth

at home I have my 2x 840 pro 256gb, 16 gb 1866 kingstons and 4800mq retail box (got that baby for 384.99 which i think is pretty cheap for a retail boxed version)

All ready to go once my laptop comes. Just kinds sad they didn't offer the GRID 2 promo =( i wanted a free game lol

Later Im gonna see which model they use for the 120hz panel and then order those from ebay or something.

Question for John,:

I know the 120hz replacement screen uses a 50 pin lvds cable. does the standard screen in the p375sm use 40 pin or 50 pin. Will i need to change the lvds cable to get it to fit. and where can i buy something like that i looked on ebay and such and can't find ones for clevo

Many re-seller offer tested and compatible mSATA for the Intel driven port, there should be broader support and no more problems at all in the future...

The motherboards have LVDS & eDP ports, while the later would allow for a 120Hz upgrade, you just need the display and cable (maybe BIOS).

Contact a shop like Mythlogic they should be able to get you the cable. For the part numbers you can take a look at the service manual for your model (in THIS sticky)

Has anyone yet got their hands on one of the new builds (I mean especially with the new case and the additional Thunderbolt connector)? The resellers I know are currently only providing the updated models with the same case (except for mysn, they did a rebrand on the touchpad and added a custom logo of theirs to it).

The P1x0SM & P3x0SM models use the "office-housing" while the P1x7SM & P3x5SM models use the "bling-housing". Most re-seller use their own logo and a few like mySN, OriginPC etc also use their logo on the "bling-edition" touchpads.

• 4 weeks later...