New owner of a p570wm - Need some advice please! :)

lynxxyarly

Hello all, I found this site after a brief search. Very informative, so far, from what I've read. Really informative stuffs. What caught my eye the most, is the modded bios for this clevo laptop. I was wondering if anyone more informative could give me some tips/information about doing a mod of the bios on this laptop for me.

I have an i7 3820 in it, with 2x8gb sticks of ram. dual 680ms as well.

I want to just..more from the bios, really. It's so pathetically bare! Why would Clevo have such a crappy bios in the first place!?

At any rate, I found a bios mod from prema that I *think* will work for my laptop, but I was wondering if someone felt like taking the time to help me out and just confirm all my suspicions.

I used HWinfo64 and according to it, my bios version is: 4.6.5 from american megatrends and that was last updated on 03/04/2013.

If there is any more information I can provide to better help someone help me understand all this better, please just let me know.

My P570WMx Mod will work on your system. Just to confirm your BIOS & EC vthat you are not using the 3D version and

I am not using any 3d version, as to the best of my knowledge. As far as the EC goes, where would I check to confirm it? Also, it seems some of your last thought was left unsaid still :)

Thanks for taking the time to reply to my thread!

Oh, I forgot to ask, also, for anyone who wants to give input into this. How difficult is it to change the ram out in this laptop? I heard it was kind of a pain, but I know you guys on here have done it, so is it fairly simple or a real pain all around?

I had a weird error when I tried to update the ME from the flashing. Any ideas?

Error 8193: Intel ® ME Interface : Cannot locate ME device driver. I noticed now that the Intel management engine wont start in windows either, hmmm

Seems when I flashed the prema bios, the ME fixed itself? somehow. I'm not worried about it, personally.

This bios is a lot nicer. Kudos! Lots of options. This is how the bios should be. :)

On a side note, is there no way to OC my 3820 from the bios? I figured there would be some blck options at least. Am I missing something?

I had a weird error when I tried to update the ME from the flashing. Any ideas?

Error 8193: Intel ® ME Interface : Cannot locate ME device driver. I noticed now that the Intel management engine wont start in windows either, hmmm

Seems when I flashed the prema bios, the ME fixed itself? somehow. I'm not worried about it, personally.

This bios is a lot nicer. Kudos! Lots of options. This is how the bios should be. :)

On a side note, is there no way to OC my 3820 from the bios? I figured there would be some blck options at least. Am I missing something?

Hey, glad you are happy. The P570WMx Mod already contains an updated ME.

If Intel allows your CPU to be overclocked then there is the Option "Runtime Turbo Enable", which needs to be enabled under the Advanced Section.

Then you can set the new multiplier below in "Core Ratio Limit"

Hey, glad you are happy. The P570WMx Mod already contains an updated ME.

If Intel allows your CPU to be overclocked then there is the Option "Runtime Turbo Enable", which needs to be enabled under the Advanced Section.

Then you can set the new multiplier below in "Core Ratio Limit"

Well, it's an i7 3820, so it's locked down by default, but I presumed that one could play with the BLCK to boost a bit. Maybe I was mistaken though.

How did u go ? Yeah the modded bios does not have blck adjusting and i just use the multi to OC because i have the 3930K so its easy. But yours would be locked down multi ? Can you do blck it XTU ?

How did u go ? Yeah the modded bios does not have blck adjusting and i just use the multi to OC because i have the 3930K so its easy. But yours would be locked down multi ? Can you do blck it XTU ?

It is indeed the locked processor. I am not seeing any way to mess with the BLCK, though, at the moment :/

Understood. Thanks for your attention and input!

Keep an eye out for a motherboard manufacturer to accidentally post a ME FW bring-up guide for it. I know that's how we got 6 series info, if not 5 and 7 as well. Unfortunately x79 is way too different from the rest of the 7 series to even take a guess at what would allow BLCK overclocking.

Yeah i tried to get it from the manufacturer and they had no real idea of what i was talking about and ended up sending me the wrong one which was a normal Clevo file and haven't replied to me after i told them that they sent me the wrong one dumb arses! lol

Keep an eye out for a motherboard manufacturer to accidentally post a ME FW bring-up guide for it. I know that's how we got 6 series info, if not 5 and 7 as well. Unfortunately x79 is way too different from the rest of the 7 series to even take a guess at what would allow BLCK overclocking.

It's alright, I don't *need* to overclock the CPU, but it's always nice to just tinker with it :P

• 2 weeks later...