HELP please! P150EM won't boot into bios! :(

foolie

Hi guys,

I'm pretty sure i messed up somewhere while flashing a vbios for my 680M. I flashed Clevo 680m - 80.04.33.00.10_'OCedition'_revised_01 - OV 1025v kindly posted from svl7 and followed the directions to flash according to svl7's thread. Upon rebooting i was stuck with this screen and i can't get out of it! I've tried following the bios recovery on Prema's website and that did nothing, removing the cmos battery still gave me the same screen and holding fn+B while turning the system on did nothing as well. Any other ideas? Thank you in advanced.

U5rfeubl.jpg

The 80.04.33.00.10 version (as mentioned in the OP of svl7's thread) was incompatible with older P1x0EM main BIOS/EC versions, which cause the system to get stuck at the boot splash.

There is a chance that if you take out all SSD/HDD and the optical drive that you can boot from USB to update your main BIOS/EC to a supported version.

(I also heard of cases where the system continued boot after sitting about 15 minutes on the splash screen)

Take a look here for the latest BIOS for your model and follow the flashing instructions.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes! :)

Hi Prema thank you for your suggestions, all of which unfortunately don't work for me; I left the notebook running for over an hr and no change from the splash screen.

Currently waiting to hear back from my retailer and if I can't get warranty repair done, I'll be sending my card to svl7, thank goodness he has a way to unbrick. I'm hoping it's just the bad vbios and nothing else..

For those who plan to flash, be sure to double triple check your bios being up to date and having the right vbios to flash!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Glad that you are taken care of, you card just needs the older version, make sure to update your Main BIOS when you get the gpu back.

Latest stock and Mod versions are in the stickies. :)

• 4 weeks later...