NVIDIA GTX 700 series - modified VBIOS

svl7

Thanks :) svl7 for the bios. I just tried to flash the bios but nvflash 1.28.0.1 dos version keeps telling me error I need to use a newer version of nvflash. I saw in the 3 page of this thread someone was able to use nvflash 5.134.0.1 windows version to flash the card. I have never used the windows version of nvflash and do not want to mess up my cards can someone please provide me with the commands I need to use to be able to flash both on my cards ?

Thanks

Hi svl7

How is fan control for ACX bios.

Is it fixed speed control, someone who tried it on regular card, care to shere his maximum fan RPM with 100% fan. Because with older 36 version my reference card is speeding only up to 3.4k rpm, while with the modded one and reference 36 bios it goes to 4.5k max speed .

Would you advise against using this on a water cooled reference model SC 780?

No, that won't be a problem at all.

Thanks :) svl7 for the bios. I just tried to flash the bios but nvflash 1.28.0.1 dos version keeps telling me error I need to use a newer version of nvflash. I saw in the 3 page of this thread someone was able to use nvflash 5.134.0.1 windows version to flash the card. I have never used the windows version of nvflash and do not want to mess up my cards can someone please provide me with the commands I need to use to be able to flash both on my cards ?

All you need is nvflash filename.rom

If you want to flash a vbios from a different vendor use the -6 parameter. More information here: http://forum.techinferno.com/general-notebook-discussions/2166-%5Bguide%5D-nvidia-vbios-flashing.html

Hi svl7

How is fan control for ACX bios.

Is it fixed speed control, someone who tried it on regular card, care to shere his maximum fan RPM with 100% fan. Because with older 36 version my reference card is speeding only up to 3.4k rpm, while with the modded one and reference 36 bios it goes to 4.5k max speed .

I didn't adjust the fans of the ACX as I don't have an ACX cooler and don't know whether it needs adjusting and what needs to be adjusted...

Note that the SCX and non-SCX will have different fan behavior, even with the stock. With which mod did you get 4.5k? I guess with the ACX since that one has a higher fan speed in it.

the features in the OC edition are in the EVGA 780 - SC ACX - 80.10.37.00.0B - 'OC edition v00' too?

Yes, except for the fan (see above). Well it's all in the read me file.

• Thumbs Up 1

I didn't adjust the fans of the ACX as I don't have an ACX cooler and don't know whether it needs adjusting and what needs to be adjusted...

Note that the SCX and non-SCX will have different fan behavior, even with the stock. With which mod did you get 4.5k? I guess with the ACX since that one has a higher fan speed in it.

Hi svl7

I'm on a reference card. With both 36 and 37 SCX stock BIOSes flashed with max fan set to 100%, i'm not able to speed over 3.5k the fan. Didn't still tested your modded BIOS so that's why i'm asking about that, if someone tryed it on nonSCX card and how the fans are acting :)

With 36 stock 780 bios and your modded Nvidia GTX 780 - 80.10.36.00.01 - 'OC edition v00' the fans are speeding with 100% set up to 4500rpms

The first OC bios is more stable than SC ACX (0B) bios, I know the first bios was not for SC ACX GPU it has low GPU clock at stock compared to the SC ACX GPU. This bios can even hit 1201MHz stable it does crash right after with the first bios I could hit 1241MHz stable voltage Memory OC 100MHz and up.

Well I managed to get 1228/3649 out of this new ACX bios with it's extra 0.012v on my SC ACX, but I have not tried the stock oc bios so I cannot comment on that. Best I could manage before was 1215/3549 in valley 77.3fps.

post-13587-14494995475379_thumb.jpg

Edit: Forgot to say "thank you" to svl7 for this bios, where are my manners?

• Thumbs Up 1

The first OC bios is more stable than SC ACX (0B) bios, I know the first bios was not for SC ACX GPU it has low GPU clock at stock compared to the SC ACX GPU. This bios can even hit 1201MHz stable it does crash right after with the first bios I could hit 1241MHz stable voltage Memory OC 100MHz and up.

1241Mhz stable...all games ? Sounds like a winner there, how does ACX bios act in terms of fan control ? 1201 crashing, sound like driver problems with you. How does +100 mem translate in terms of real freq ? And last question, do you monitor your voltage, are you sure that you're applying what you set in Voltage section for real ? It seems that you get no benefits at all with overvoltage, compared to your stock bios, witch sounds strange.

@svl7- As I mentioned on my previews post with very low OC ability, I had a bad flash and I did re-flash my both cards one by one. and i did ran some bench's with great result.

the New SC ACX vbios has maintained great OC ability, cards won't throttling down, It clocks up and down like a normal bios and voltage goes up once the cards needs to push and comes down once the cards don't needs to push. idles at 324MHz @v875 when watch youtube video clocks stay the same

9222 | C- 1241MHz - M-3005MHz vBios EVGA 780 - SC ACX - 80.10.37.00.0B - 'OC edition v00 by svl7

post-13626-14494995476073_thumb.png

9261 | C- 1254MHz - M-3005MHz vBios EVGA 780 - SC ACX - 80.10.37.00.0B - 'OC edition v00 by svl7

post-13626-14494995476257_thumb.png

• Thumbs Up 3

• Founder
@svl7- As I mentioned on my previews post with very low OC ability, I had a bad flash and I did re-flash my both cards one by one. and i did ran some bench's with great result.

the New SC ACX vbios has maintained great OC ability, cards won't throttling down, It clocks up and down like a normal bios and voltage goes up once the cards needs to push and comes down once the cards don't needs to push. idles at 324MHz @v875 when watch youtube video clocks stay the same

9222 | C- 1241MHz - M-3005MHz vBios EVGA 780 - SC ACX - 80.10.37.00.0B - 'OC edition v00 by svl7

[ATTACH=CONFIG]7775[/ATTACH]

9261 | C- 1254MHz - M-3005MHz vBios EVGA 780 - SC ACX - 80.10.37.00.0B - 'OC edition v00 by svl7

[ATTACH=CONFIG]7776[/ATTACH]

Not bad but it seems even with the GTX 780 at max clocks with an ACX cooler it doesn't beat my much lower clocked Titan (1202/3404): NVIDIA GeForce GTX Titan video card benchmark result - Intel Core i7-3770K Processor,ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. MAXIMUS V FORMULA score: P10675 3DMarks

post-5-14494995476432_thumb.jpg

Of course I'd trade the slightly lower score for 40-50% off the price :D Damn you NVIDIA...DAAAAMMNN YOU!!

Someone asked this a little earlier - is it possible to take the stock EVGA 780 ACX bios and modify it so that the fan runs at a minimum of 20%? I find that 40% is noticeable in a silent build. As a workaround, I was thinking about using flashing the reference Nvidia bios to the ACX card, since that should lower the fan speed to a more acceptable 26% (...the idle speed of reference GTX 780's). However, I would lose the factory ACX overclock. If any of the modders could provide the EVGA 780 ACX bios with only the fan change, that would be awesome.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]7775[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]7776[/ATTACH]

Gr8 scores m8

Can you explain in details what you did to get bad flash, what commands or whatever we should avoid, thanks in advance

@svl7 could you upload another EVGA SC ACX BIOS with over 100% fan? I am using the BIOS on a reference GTX 780 and the fan speed is much lower.

Yes that's exactly what I am struggling and complain about it at the previous page. We'll kindly appreciate more juice to fan pwm, for the reference cards ;)

Thanks svl7

@svl7-can you to reduce the Idle Fanspeed (40%) at 20% ? -EVGA GTX 780 SC ACX

Someone asked this a little earlier - is it possible to take the stock EVGA 780 ACX bios and modify it so that the fan runs at a minimum of 20%? I find that 40% is noticeable in a silent build. As a workaround, I was thinking about using flashing the reference Nvidia bios to the ACX card, since that should lower the fan speed to a more acceptable 26% (...the idle speed of reference GTX 780's). However, I would lose the factory ACX overclock. If any of the modders could provide the EVGA 780 ACX bios with only the fan change, that would be awesome.

I was under the impression that the non-ACX cards have a higher minimum fan speed (at least in %). Isn't the minimum of the ACX 25%? What's the minimum rpm you get with the ACX when set to the lowest possible speed?

Tweaking the fan curve should be possible, but you guys will need to test it is a bit different than on the Titan and I can't test it myself.

@svl7 could you upload another EVGA SC ACX BIOS with over 100% fan? I am using the BIOS on a reference GTX 780 and the fan speed is much lower.

Yeah, but you will need to test it, see above.

Thanks for the reply. The minimum rpm of the SC ACX 780 is actually 1300rpm (40%) which is audible (...at least for those who try to have quiet rigs). I think I'll give your modded OC ACX bios from the first post a try, and then use it to set up a manual fan curve with 20-30% minimum, that's a good idea (...and it should allow me to keep the factory overclock, right?). I like the boosted clocks of the SC ACX 780 card, but they really made the fan too loud at idle. It really doesn't need to be that high, since idle temperatures are already low even with reference cooling. I'll apply the modded ACX bios and let folks know how it goes.

I was under the impression that the non-ACX cards have a higher minimum fan speed (at least in %). Isn't the minimum of the ACX 25%? What's the minimum rpm you get with the ACX when set to the lowest possible speed?

Tweaking the fan curve should be possible, but you guys will need to test it is a bit different than on the Titan and I can't test it myself.

Min. Fanspeed 40% with 1300rpm,thats to much for the idle mode,thats the bios VGA Bios Collection: EVGA GTX 780 3072 MB | techPowerUp

Bios Tweaker 25%

EVGA Precision 40%

Can you reduce this or unlocked the min.Fanspeed ?

Reduce in Tweaker at 20% and flash but only 40% (1300rpm)

THX

svl7

Not bad but it seems even with the GTX 780 at max clocks with an ACX cooler it doesn't beat my much lower clocked Titan (1202/3404): NVIDIA GeForce GTX Titan video card benchmark result - Intel Core i7-3770K Processor,ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. MAXIMUS V FORMULA score: P10675 3DMarks

[ATTACH=CONFIG]7777[/ATTACH]

Of course I'd trade the slightly lower score for 40-50% off the price :D Damn you NVIDIA...DAAAAMMNN YOU!!

One thing you have to consider is the price, you already known another think you don't know is all the benchs a did was with 3570k stock clocks with intel stock cooler. Right now I'm running a shoebox :) . So my rig is down for complete. So by this weekend I goibg to put my hole back "I wish I can finish it" but at least my acx going under water on hydro's it will be here friday and I'm waiting on my third rad to arrive too. Even if I don't finish my rig my 3570k and my 780's will be under water for some serius bench and by that svl7 will realese another beast bios and I will be right behind you ;)

Hi all,

Just to share my thoughts regarding the new EVGA 780 - SC ACX - 80.10.37.00.0B - 'OC edition v00' flashed on a reference card -

Max fan RPM@100% 3300rpm GPU temp idle ~35*C

Nvidia GTX 780 - 80.10.36.00.01 - 'OC edition v00'

Max fan RPM@100% 4300rpm ; GPU temp idle sub 30*C

Loaded temperatures are exceeding 10-15*C

So higher fan limits, or modded normal .37 SC bios would be highly appreciated.

No problems with stability/overclockability or whatsoever with both of them so far, great BIOSes to be exact with boost removed and idle state Volts/freq reduced also max Votls/limits increased compared to reference ones ;)

Soo... ACX and normal vbios both allow for 100% fan speed? (Well my modified normal 780 vbios should, but the ACX... up to 100% is possible?)