NVIDIA GTX 700 series - modified VBIOS

svl7

@svl7

I currently have a two GTX 780 Classifieds flashed with your 80.10.3A.0x.80 bios. They are revision A1 and have been working perfectly with your bios. I now see that there are two new bios posted in this thread for the classifieds. The first one is posted on the front page of this thread its bios 80.10.36.00.01 then on page 68 you listed another classified bios version 80.80.21.0x.80. I would like to upgrade the bios on both cards to the newest version.

1. Can you confirm which one is newer ?

2. Can I use either of them on my A1 revision cards without any problems ?

Thanks

I have a MSI Nividia GTX 780 the bios says 80:10:36:00:01

Is it safe to use one of these modified bios with this?

Hello All,

Will flashing a EVGA 780TI bios on a EVGA 780SC/acx card UN-lock the GK-110 Shaders from 2304 to 2880?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]9690[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]9691[/ATTACH]

Hehe, no, won't work. well you can try and see for yourself, card won't run stable with that vbios.

I flashed it on the Titan, picture was all messed up due to the different vram configuration. Was able to fix that, but no more shaders.

@svl7

I currently have a two GTX 780 Classifieds flashed with your 80.10.3A.0x.80 bios. They are revision A1 and have been working perfectly with your bios. I now see that there are two new bios posted in this thread for the classifieds. The first one is posted on the front page of this thread its bios 80.10.36.00.01 then on page 68 you listed another classified bios version 80.80.21.0x.80. I would like to upgrade the bios on both cards to the newest version.

1. Can you confirm which one is newer ?

2. Can I use either of them on my A1 revision cards without any problems ?

The 80.80.xx.xx.xx.xx versions are from the revised cards, they might work on the older boards, but you will have to force the flash. I recommend staying with the 80.10.xx.xx.xx.xx version. Those will work fine. 3A is newer than 36.

• Thumbs Up 1

I have a MSI Nividia GTX 780 the bios says 80:10:36:00:01

Is it safe to use one of these modified bios with this?

Hehe, no, won't work. well you can try and see for yourself, card won't run stable with that vbios.

I flashed it on the Titan, picture was all messed up due to the different vram configuration. Was able to fix that, but no more shaders.

The 80.80.xx.xx.xx.xx versions are from the revised cards, they might work on the older boards, but you will have to force the flash. I recommend staying with the 80.10.xx.xx.xx.xx version. Those will work fine. 3A is newer than 36.

Is there a modified Vbios avalible for the cards that currently use the 80:10:36:00:01?

This is the card I have.

http://us.msi.com/product/vga/N780-3GD5.html

Every file I click on says invalid file ID in the downloads section

Weird, did you try it with a different browser?

Does anyone else has this issue?

svl7 could you please respond to my question? Thanks.

I've seen your request. Twice. No need for cross-posting, thanks. I need time for all the requests.

Well it don't work for me. I hit the downloads menu at the top of this forum. It shows me the latest files. If I click one I get Invalid File ID everytime. I'm a bit bothered by it being I paid for the month.

Got any anti-virus/malware running through your browser? If not message mods/admins maybe something to do with your donation/account.

One information, please: if I understand Boost 2.0 is to prevent temperatures limiting clocks and voltages. So, wouldn't it be better to set power limit to the real max that board can handle (6+8 pin=300W) and a fixed voltage, leaving the boost control just clocks according to load?

So v2 cant go below 1.15v from what I read right? Does that mean I am on v3? Also my GPU down clocks in steps, someone mentioned going from your OC to 901mhz is normal, is going from 1256(OC) - 1102 when GPU utilization is low normal? And I cant figure out how to buy svl7 a beer

Installed EVGA 780 - Classified vbios pack - 'OC edition v03' on a 780 Classified. Default clock now displays "902" prior to install was "993", is this correct? Also ran Heaven 4.0 on stock settings and power consumption never exceeded 31.9 % TDP, is this normal?