NVIDIA GTX 700 series - modified VBIOS

svl7

Hi, my EVGA GTX 780 SC ACX (BIOS: 80.10.37.00.80) with Your standard GTX 780 BIOS (80.10.3A.00.82) is now stable at CORE: 1200MHz / MEM: 7010MHz with 1212mv, and max temp i get is 55'C ... :bananajump:

-using my own settings for fan (30'C=40% to 70'C=100%) and at max i get 55'C = 3300 RPM (77%) ...

Thank a lot for BIOS, great job! :applause:

I'm new here, so i can't DL that SC ACX BIOS - thats why i use normal and pray ... :courage:

• Thumbs Up 1

It's basically the same, just the fan profile is not optimized for the ACX cooler.

Thanks, you need my BIOS? Hier anhängen oder im request-thread?

Already got it from the request thread.

Ok, so this might sound ignorant, but I haven't been able to find the answer here. Do the 780m's and the desktop 780's share the same vbios mod? I have been having a heck of a time finding anything unique to mobile. Thanks guys!

• Founder
Ok, so this might sound ignorant, but I haven't been able to find the answer here. Do the 780m's and the desktop 780's share the same vbios mod? I have been having a heck of a time finding anything unique to mobile. Thanks guys!

No and check the mobile Kepler thread.

Sent from my GT-N7000

• Thumbs Up 1

To answer a question that gets asked frequently, namely the one about asking about which vbios version can be used on a certain card:

Any card using the reference board can use any other vbios of any other reference card (of the same model). Meaning you can easily cross-flash between all the various manufacturers, MSI to Asus, Gigabyte to EVGA or whatever, you get the idea.

While some custom cards use special vbios, in many cases you can even flash those safely, here's how you can check: If you flash with "nvflash -6 filename.rom" and nvflash only prompts you to confirm to override the SSID, then you're totally safe.

Some vbios still won't work properly (e.g. if you flash to an earlier vbios version of your board that doesn't support the memory modules used on your card), but you will always be able to easily flash back.

Many of the cards with non-reference coolers have a different fan profile, so flashing one of those will lead to a weird fan behavior if your card has a different cooler than the one the vbios was intended for.

Stay away from flashing with any other parameters than -6. Then you're safe.

Nobody will ever have to flash with -4 or even -5 unless you really know what you are doing.

I got my 780 Lightning 2 Weeks ago, with HYNIX-Memory, stable with my Original LN2 BIOS up to +800 = 3.800 (just testing stability)

Maybe I also habe GPU-Stepping B1 - i dont know

MSI GTX 780 Lightning, vbios of the revised card (80.80.21.00.3x)

MSI GTX 780 Lightning - 80.80.21.00.3x 'OC edition' v03 .zip

• Thumbs Up 1

Svl7 sorry for asking this question again, i read your post but i dont know if windforce gas a custom board or not (and you dont have a special bios to this card), so do you know which of your bios works with gigabyte 780 windforce oc?

Thanks

It uses the reference board, but as it doesn't use the reference cooler you might want to try the EVGA ACX or another vbios of a card with a non-reference cooler. Else the fan might act weird or be too loud.

Or you set up a custom fan profile with software like MSI AB.

MSI GTX 780 Lightning, vbios of the revised card (80.80.21.00.3x)

Thanks one more, seems to be stable (not tested so much), but:

- LN2 voltage with your LN2-Mod-Bios is - without changing anything - only 1.033v (=GPU-Z-Monitor = Mutimeter 1.046)) and with +162,5mv in nvidia-inspector only 1.188 (Multimeter 1.207), with +100mv in Afterburner-SE only 1.129 (Multimeter 1.145)

- LN2 voltage with Original LN2-Bios is - without changing anything - 1.121 (Multimeter 1.162) and with +287,5mv in nvidia-inspector (NI offers here higher voltage input) also 1.188, but with +100mv in AB-SE voltage climbs up to 1.217 (Multimeter 1.257) !

So the Mod-Bios offers less voltage (with Afterburner-SE) - around -100mv

Maybe its possible to modify the Bios once again to get more voltage?

I wish a Bios without changing anything gets higher voltage than Original-Bios. The lightning is a beast and wants to be operate like a beast. I wish a Bios with Stock@ 1.212 so if i put +100mv into Afterburner I get 1,3v (without using Rbby-Tool)

btw.

Can i use your Titan-Downsampling-BIOS with the 780 Lightning! This BIOS is fantastic, offers 120Hz with 2880x1620

Thanks one more, seems to be stable (not tested so much), but:

- LN2 voltage with your LN2-Mod-Bios is - without changing anything - only 1.033v (=GPU-Z-Monitor = Mutimeter 1.046)) and with +162,5mv in nvidia-inspector only 1.188 (Multimeter 1.207), with +100mv in Afterburner-SE only 1.129 (Multimeter 1.145)

- LN2 voltage with Original LN2-Bios is - without changing anything - 1.121 (Multimeter 1.162) and with +287,5mv in nvidia-inspector (NI offers here higher voltage input) also 1.188, but with +100mv in AB-SE voltage climbs up to 1.217 (Multimeter 1.257) !

So the Mod-Bios offers less voltage (with Afterburner-SE) - around -100mv

Maybe its possible to modify the Bios once again to get more voltage?

I wish a Bios without changing anything gets higher voltage than Original-Bios. The lightning is a beast and wants to be operate like a beast. I wish a Bios with Stock@ 1.212 so if i put +100mv into Afterburner I get 1,3v (without using Rbby-Tool)

btw.

Can i use your Titan-Downsampling-BIOS with the 780 Lightning! This BIOS is fantastic, offers 120Hz with 2880x1620

Yes, I lowered the default voltage, 1.05V is more than enough for stock clocks, and if you're going to overclock you will adjust the voltage anyway.

I'm not sure - does the Lightning have unlocked fan control per MSI AB (I mean officially)?

I have an EVGA 780 FTW - I flashed the bios in the downloads section (Nvidia GTX 780 - 'OC edition' VBIOS (update: v03)) and it really messed up my card, had to flash back Fun process. Is there a more appropriate one to use?

What was your original vbios version?

Yes, I lowered the default voltage, 1.05V is more than enough for stock clocks, and if you're going to overclock you will adjust the voltage anyway.

I'm not sure - does the Lightning have unlocked fan control per MSI AB (I mean officially)?

Of course you are right, 1.050v is enough für stock clocks.

But I talk about OC and overvolting, not about stock clock and with dafault voltage 1.050v I cannot get more than 1.150v with AB. I wanna get 1,3v with AB, so I need default voltage 1.212v !