NVIDIA GTX 700 series - modified VBIOS

svl7

• Founder
Anyone tried the VBios from the OCUK forums ? If so how does it compare to this ?

How to over volt a Titan or a reference 780 guide - Overclockers UK Forums

Basically skyn3t ripped off svl7 work and is trying to take credit for it. Not surprising given how O C N is infested with asshats that have no problem stealing others work.

Sent from my GT-N7000

According to a gent on another forum I frequent he has this information about Skyn3ts VBios

I have just inspected both BIOS's and they are different. Completely different in fact.

SVL7 uses 80.10.3A.00.82 and Skyn3t uses 80.10.3A.00.80

All the boost tables are different and the common settings also differ. Different checksum as well.

• Founder
According to a gent on another forum I frequent he has this information about Skyn3ts VBios

Not sure what to make of this whole debacle :-/

Having a different vbios version and checksum doesn't mean anything.

Sent from my GT-N7000

post-17972-14494996155464_thumb.jpg

Not sure what you are saying Brian but after comparing these BIOS's (one is SVL's and the other is Skynet's), I can't see how you can say that Skyn3t ripped off SVL's work and is taking credit for it. They are completely different and unless you have proof, you should wind your neck in.

We need guys like Skyn3t/SVL/Naennon etc and those kind of comments are unfounded.

post-17972-14494996155464_thumb.jpg

Basically skyn3t ripped off svl7 work and is trying to take credit for it. Not surprising given how O C N is infested with asshats that have no problem stealing others work.

Sent from my GT-N7000

Got any proof of that or are you just assuming things? Because if so everybody that modded bios before of someone might say the same, that somebody ripped him off of his work!

And 2 things for your information: Skyn3t modded ALL 700 family not only 780´s much like Slv7 modded the nvidias M family vbios and to finish something you might know by now that unfortunately ALL forums have asshats and this one is no exception!

Cheers

Ed

I have a few questions, first I am not sure if I am using v2 or v3, was wondering if you could tell by the driver version. 80.10.3A.00.81 (p2083-0020)

2nd, some games downclock even thought GPU boost is disabled. Most seems to be CPU dependent ( Arma 3, Planetside 2 ) or when my FPS is already crazy high ( CSGO ). This is normal? Also does the nvidia setting adaptive vs performance effect this bios at all, any benefit to changing it? Thanks. Also is there anyway I can leave a tip or should I just pay the site?

I have a few questions, first I am not sure if I am using v2 or v3, was wondering if you could tell by the driver version. 80.10.3A.00.81 (p2083-0020)

2nd, some games downclock even thought GPU boost is disabled. Most seems to be CPU dependent ( Arma 3, Planetside 2 ) or when my FPS is already crazy high ( CSGO ). This is normal? Also does the nvidia setting adaptive vs performance effect this bios at all, any benefit to changing it? Thanks. Also is there anyway I can leave a tip or should I just pay the site?

You can tell which version your using by trying to undervolt your card. Afaik you can't undervolt below 1.15V with v2.

Downclocking is normal if gpu-utilisation is too low. If you change the driver setting to maximum performance you'll always get the baseclock which should be 901mhz with this bios. If you choose adaptive it'll drop below 901mhz if u have a low gpu-utilization.

You were able to buy svl7 a peer in the past, dunno why the donation button has been removed from the threads/his profile. I hope he has enough beer :D

Hi Everyone. This is my first post on techinferno.com. I have two Gigabyte GTX 780s in SLI (model is NV-780OC-3GD Rev2) and I would like to either remove the factory OC (my first preference) or limit it to 954 MHz. Is there a BIOS I can flash for this card that can help me?

My issue with the current factory OC BIOS: When I am at 954 MHz my SLI is very stable. Periodically though, when I launch Skyrim, Mafia II, or any SLI enabled game, I see a situation where one card is at 1006 MHz and the other is at 1019 MHz. This run for a few minutes and then the system powers off suddenly. This sudden power down only happens in SLI and only when both cards are showing different clock speeds instead of the 954 MHz synced speed I usually see. I have an Antec HCP Platinum 1000 watt PS so it would seemingly be large enough to handle a simple dual SLI ocnfig.

Any help or advice is deeply appreciated. Thanks so much.

2x EVGA 780 Classified SLI on air

I've been reading for a few days about all of these modified BIOS available. Disabled boost, increased power targets, won't need more than 350W, etc. My experience with my previous EVGA GTX 670 4GB SuperClocked+ were great by doing three things:

• Max power target (122% for them)
  • Max voltage
  • 60% fan

Leaving everything else on auto, including clocks and boost, the cards would hit ~1222 all day long, hitting the power target of 121-122%. Sometimes jumping to 1248 Mhz - which is the max boost set in the stock BIOS (I opened and checked it).

My point is I would like to only tweak one thing in my OEM/LN2 Classified's BIOS:

• Increase max wattage to 450W (or at least PT 135% or hell, make it 200% so we can take a snapshot like K|ngP|n did). Classified cards have 2x 8-pin connectors (150W each) and a motherboard draw of 75W. That's 375W, which is over the 350W. I have a single 12V PSU, so excessive power draw is fine (my previous GTX 580 HydroCoppers were pulling about 420W at 1.25V - and I was running 3 of them on a motherboard with no additional "PCIe Power Plug" like modern boards do).

But, all of these BIOS seem to have boost disabled and other power-saving techniques. I would rather run the stock BIOS and tweak things myself.

I'm more than happy to edit the HEX myself. But I'd be blind in not knowing what memory offset and page locations to edit. You know, since the Kepler BIOS Tweaker and other current software only supports 600 series cards.

Barring that knowledge, is is feasible to request a simple tweak to the Classified bios for higher power targets? I already have an EVBOT to handle the voltages.

EDIT: I see that the v03 bios has 100% Power Target = 450W now. Ok, that wasn't clear in the OP. Thanks!

Does anybody know of a Vbios for the GTX 780 thats just a power limit and voltage increase?

+1

This is esscentially what I just asked! lol

Though, I am not sure what you need the voltage increase for? The Classified voltage software takes care of that, right?

(I say that, while starring at my newly-delivered-5-minutes-ago-and-sitting-on-my-desk EVBOT. :)

Hi All,

I'm new to forums and message boards and i happy to find this thread topic. I'm having issues with unlocking the voltage on my iChill GTX 770... i have tried KGB 0.6.2 and Kepler BIOS Tweaker v1.25 and still with no luck. I'm stuck with max 1.2v and 106% power on slider. I know this GPU is not very popular and it would be great if this can be modded as well. :adoration:

ichill_GK104_770.zip

ichill_GK104_770.zip

2x EVGA 780 Classified SLI on air

I've been reading for a few days about all of these modified BIOS available. Disabled boost, increased power targets, won't need more than 350W, etc. My experience with my previous EVGA GTX 670 4GB SuperClocked+ were great by doing three things:

• Max power target (122% for them)
  • Max voltage
  • 60% fan

Leaving everything else on auto, including clocks and boost, the cards would hit ~1222 all day long, hitting the power target of 121-122%. Sometimes jumping to 1248 Mhz - which is the max boost set in the stock BIOS (I opened and checked it).

My point is I would like to only tweak one thing in my OEM/LN2 Classified's BIOS:

• Increase max wattage to 450W (or at least PT 135% or hell, make it 200% so we can take a snapshot like K|ngP|n did). Classified cards have 2x 8-pin connectors (150W each) and a motherboard draw of 75W. That's 375W, which is over the 350W. I have a single 12V PSU, so excessive power draw is fine (my previous GTX 580 HydroCoppers were pulling about 420W at 1.25V - and I was running 3 of them on a motherboard with no additional "PCIe Power Plug" like modern boards do).

But, all of these BIOS seem to have boost disabled and other power-saving techniques. I would rather run the stock BIOS and tweak things myself.

I'm more than happy to edit the HEX myself. But I'd be blind in not knowing what memory offset and page locations to edit. You know, since the Kepler BIOS Tweaker and other current software only supports 600 series cards.

Barring that knowledge, is is feasible to request a simple tweak to the Classified bios for higher power targets? I already have an EVBOT to handle the voltages.

EDIT: I see that the v03 bios has 100% Power Target = 450W now. Ok, that wasn't clear in the OP. Thanks!

I don't know where you get the PCIe slot only provides 75w, a PCIe 3.0 connection should provide somewhere between 225-300w by itself. A PCIe 2.0 slot provides 150w.

So with Dual 8 pin connections, your getting anywhere between 450w - 600w. And From my experience with my reference GTX 780. It easily can max out these bios using the EVGA OC Scanner.

+1

This is esscentially what I just asked! lol

Though, I am not sure what you need the voltage increase for? The Classified voltage software takes care of that, right?

(I say that, while starring at my newly-delivered-5-minutes-ago-and-sitting-on-my-desk EVBOT. :)

I dont have a classy. I had to use the LLC MSI thing to get over 1.21v

I have some question if you maybe know answer. I owner my evga gtx780 sc acx bios vers. 80.10.3a.00.80 and i desperate need modified vbios because power target show only 106% but i need 350W 200% incresed.

I dont know which vmod bios is compatible with my 3a.(latest firmware) bios? On kepler bios tweaker power control is unlocked and i dont know what schould i do. I will be gratefull if you send me proper vbios modified for my

ACX SC 780GTX EVGA- version.

Tnx !

You can tell which version your using by trying to undervolt your card. Afaik you can't undervolt below 1.15V with v2.

Downclocking is normal if gpu-utilisation is too low. If you change the driver setting to maximum performance you'll always get the baseclock which should be 901mhz with this bios. If you choose adaptive it'll drop below 901mhz if u have a low gpu-utilization.

You were able to buy svl7 a peer in the past, dunno why the donation button has been removed from the threads/his profile. I hope he has enough beer :D

If I have my OC to 1256 will it still drop at Maximum performance to lower clocks?

Also I can lower my vcore down to 936, anythign lower won't stick. Not that I care but does that mean I am using v2 or v3. It goes down into the 800s when idling though

- - - Updated - - -

Why Can't I get 1200MHZ Stable on my GTX EVGA 780 ACX SC?

Will this modded vbios help (My voltage is at max stock +37)?

Depends, it should. Are you hitting your max power or max voltage?