NVIDIA GTX 700 series - modified VBIOS

svl7

Does anyone can help me?

I need the vbios for the GTX770M card, It cannot boot windows, I also try to reinstall windows (7&8), and when it restart for complete the installation, the screen just go white and shutdown...

Is an Alienware M15x this is the card I bought:

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem?itemId=271237279139

The Alienware Bios is A09

Best Regards!

In 3d ?

You can probably play some games @600mhz core

I could underclock nicely with the previous vbios but with this rev3 I cant underclock or undervolt all the way, With the previous vbios *Rev2 I believe* i can take the memory to -500MHZ and 0.825 on the voltage

I'm not sure if this issue is specific to the 780 Classified's or only to my 780 Classified's, but on default settings and nothing overclocked at all, I'm not able to run 3DMark Fire Strike at all. Both on the stock LN2, Normal VBIOS' and both on svl7's VBIOS'. My system crashes before the Demo even starts on the stock VBIOS' and crashes near the end of the Demo on svl7's VBIOS's.

EDIT: I had to increase the Core Voltage to 1.0000V in order to run 3DMark Fire Strike successfully on the stock clocks on svl7's VBIOS'.

Hello guys,

I have overclocked my gtx 780 sc acx with the bios 80.10.3A.00.80 and everything is fine :D

But I have some questions:

- GPU show me 1215mhz on the GPU clock but in game EVGA Precision show me 1202 mhz, is it normal? Maybe there is a limit in the software?

- Is it possible for me to flash the card with the Classified bios? And if it is possible, can I expect to a better overclocking of my card?

INFOS: GPU clock 1215 mhz, memory 1560 mhz on GPUZ. Cannot go higher.

Thank you in advance.

Hello guys,

I have overclocked my gtx 780 sc acx with the bios 80.10.3A.00.80 and everything is fine :D

But I have some questions:

- GPU show me 1215mhz on the GPU clock but in game EVGA Precision show me 1202 mhz, is it normal? Maybe there is a limit in the software?

- Is it possible for me to flash the card with the Classified bios? And if it is possible, can I expect to a better overclocking of my card?

INFOS: GPU clock 1215 mhz, memory 1560 mhz on GPUZ. Cannot go higher.

Thank you in advance.

I noticed that as well and from some other posts I read, it seems like the difference between the numbers you see in GPU-Z and EVGA precision is that NVidia overclocking really only works in sets of 13 MHz or something like that. The EVGA Precision is the real number. If you are using the 80.10.3A.00.80 bios, I recommend you use nvflash-windows version and take the 80.10.3A.00.81 Version from the first post. You can up your voltage using MSI Precision to a safe voltage and then overclock more. Some games are finicky about overclocks so careful on the memory overclocks. I only recommend ocing up to 1.23 volts on the card on stock air cooling. I am running my case open and I could smell something burning at higher voltages.

Thank you very much for your answer. The bios you quoted: 80.10.3A.00.81 bios just add a new fan profile compare to mine (80.10.3A.00.80 bios)?

My voltage is 1.212 on EVGA precision and it is the max with my bios. Can I go higher with the 00.81 ?

But I don't know if it is really a good thing to go up to 1.23 !! :unconscious:

ok got a couple noobish questions.. if i use these bios doe sit automatically set my voltage? or do i still have to do it in EVGA precision? or should i use something else? the evga thing just lets you slide a bar to increase it, is it possible to over volt it by doing that with these bios? i have a gtx 780 SC with the ACX Fan. ALso does anyone know if its worth replacing the thermal paste on this card? i have some cool liquid pro but nit sure if its worth it

In 3d ?

You can probably play some games @600mhz core

Yes on the previous bios *REV2 I think* i could underclock -500 mhz on the memory in EVGA Precision X and put it down to 0.825 in the voltage settings, On this REV3 bios i cant underclock the memory and I can't go under 0.937.

not as good as the previous bios for options to the user, Who ever did the testing didn't test well enough.

- - - Updated - - -

Hmm I have several problems with my GTX 780 Classy...

Is win 7 oder 8 better for overclocking?

The driver always recovers at win 8 :(

Windows 7 is better

Tried to flash my EVGA 780 SC ACX width EVGA 780 - SC ACX - 'OC edition v00' and it actually did work :)

Could not get your latest bios svI7 cause not having enough privileges yet.

Voltage is up to 1.212 and my core clocks a bit higher from 1168 to 1202 all stable so far test heavily in crysis along with 3531 Memory Overclock.

Tried your rev00 bios (that's all i could get for now ) for my evga 780 SC Acx and it performs very well for now. No issues and my core's clock now can go a bit higher - 1202 up from 1168.

Voltages stable at 1.212

Noticed a bit of an increase in total wattage consumed :)

I'm not sure what bios version im using but my card won't dowclock during idle, looks like I dled your bios on the 9th.

Version is 80.10.3A.00.81 (p2083-0020)

Clock is downclocking fine now, not sure what was wrong. Whats different in Rev3, do I have Rev3?

Edit: looks like I have ACX Rev2, what does Rev3 include? Worth flashing to?

I'm not sure what bios version im using but my card won't dowclock during idle, looks like I dled your bios on the 9th.

Version is 80.10.3A.00.81 (p2083-0020)

Clock is downclocking fine now, not sure what was wrong. Whats different in Rev3, do I have Rev3?

Edit: looks like I have ACX Rev2, what does Rev3 include? Worth flashing to?

Personally I wouldn't, it allows for the same overclocks/voltages but wont let you undervolt or downclock all the way anymore for some odd reason, Stick with the bios you have.

Okay its doing the thing again, its been 4 minutes on thedesktop, won't downclock or downvolt.

Update Tried enabling and disabling kboost, got a bsod upon disabling, restarted and things were fine, I changed power plan from maximum to adaptive, this won't effect my gpu at all since it has no gpu boost right? Not sure if that was the issue, will find out soon I guess, any ideas

Hi all,

Could anyone please describe the differences between EVGA 780 - SC ACX - 80.10.37.00.0B - 'OC edition v00' and v03?

Does it only add undervolting capabilities or there is more to that?

Thanks in advance

In the latest V03 you cant underclock or undervolt all the way, Thats the only difference that I noticed.