NVIDIA GTX 700 series - modified VBIOS

svl7

Classified Tool does not Idle the vcore. :(

I think they use direct access to the VRM controller just like what AB Beta14 does.

Great

But how you managed to run 1212mv with stock bios ? Theres no stock BIOS capable of running more than 1.2v or even 1187 afaik

My stock Zotac bios can run 1.2 V by adding +38 mV via any GPU overclocking tools but it throttles like mad. Not sure about 1.21 V, though.

From what I can see from AB Beta14 the reference board could actually run with more than 1,3 V but somehow I am thinking the program author limited it to 1,3 V to minimize people frying their cards.

Your Classified bios has been working well for me, Thank you very much. If you want to clock the 780 Classified very high it will take very good cooling

[ATTACH=CONFIG]8746[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]8747[/ATTACH]

Amazing scores! Grats to you and svl7.

From what I can see from AB Beta14 the reference board could actually run with more than 1,3 V but somehow I am thinking the program author limited it to 1,3 V to minimize people frying their cards.

It's no problem to program till 1.6v ;) Also find registers to disable Vdroop, but hit power limit @ 1345 1325mv and now it throttles...post-13633-14494995958055_thumb.jpg

I flashed to the Nvidia GTX 780 (EVGA) - 80.10.3A.00.01 - 'OC edition v03' as I had your older "OC Edition" and now I can no longer set my voltage any lower than 935 where as before I could get near 800, Also now I cannot lower my memory clock below 0 in EVGA Precision X where as before I could get -502MHZ but I can get this on the stock VBios.

Also your REV03 VBios is only 198KB in size and the older one was around 250KB, what changed ?

It's no problem to program till 1.6v ;) Also find registers to disable Vdroop, but hit power limit @ 1345 1325mv and now it throttles...[ATTACH=CONFIG]8748[/ATTACH]

Yes, but seeing that people already killed reference boards with as much as 1.35V I really don't think 1.6V is a wise decision. I think there's a reason why the AB dev set it to 1.3V max...

I flashed to the Nvidia GTX 780 (EVGA) - 80.10.3A.00.01 - 'OC edition v03' as I had your older "OC Edition" and now I can no longer set my voltage any lower than 935 where as before I could get near 800, Also now I cannot lower my memory clock below 0 in EVGA Precision X where as before I could get -502MHZ but I can get this on the stock VBios.

You are able to lower the 3d voltage per software with the stock vbios? Can you send me a screenshot of Nvidia Inspector when you use the stock vbios?

You are able to lower the 3d voltage per software with the stock vbios? Can you send me a screenshot of Nvidia Inspector when you use the stock vbios?

No that's not what i meant, in your last OC bios i could lower the voltage below 935 now i cannot and the memory will not go below 0 in precision x like it did before in your last oc bios but with the stock bios the memory will

In short with this vbios, I cannot underclock or undervolt like with your older one, rev 1 or 2 maybe

@DStealth Grats on solving the vdroop and good clocks, haven't started to pushed my card that hard :D

Yes, NCP4206 could actually output up to 1,6 but I don't think the heat will be tolerable, getting it cold is the only way.

@svl7 I was wondering whether if you could actually remove the power or temp limit completely because I am still fascinated by how my GTX 680M overclocks without those limitations. I know the 680M didn't get that boost implemented in the first place if that what matters, thanks :)

I still don't get what you mean, please post the screenshot I mentioned.

- - - Updated - - -

ove the power or temp limit completely because I am still fascinated by how my GTX 680M overclocks without those limitations. I know the 680M didn't get that boost implemented in the first place if that what matters, thanks :)

680m has boost in the stock vbios, whether it works or depends also on the bios of the system. I don't think you can completely remove the power limit, at a certain point it is limited by the board, but that doesn't really matter as you can't get such a high power draw by pure software overclock anyway.... and the temp target doesn't matter as long as you prioritize the power.

• Thumbs Up 1

- - - Updated - - -

680m has boost in the stock vbios, whether it works or depends also on the bios of the system. I don't think you can completely remove the power limit, at a certain point it is limited by the board, but that doesn't really matter as you can't get such a high power draw by pure software overclock anyway.... and the temp target doesn't matter as long as you prioritize the power.

You mean you're currently limit by the power limit when you overclock your desktop 700 series card? What are your settings? Card?

I was using Zotac 780 ref with stock bios and was limited to 1.2 GHz and then it started throttling horribly on 3dmark test 1.

I am currently using your rev3 bios and it works really great, no more throttling and I am getting 1000 points more in GPU score with the same clock. Thank you so much svl7 :D

• Thumbs Up 1

With EVGA precision? It certainly didn't allow for undervolting with the inspector... but anyway, what do you want with a 3d P-State at 0.825v? That's totally pointless.

With EVGA precision? It certainly didn't allow for undervolting with the inspector... but anyway, what do you want with a 3d P-State at 0.825v? That's totally pointless.

Lower temps and the ability to underclock even the memory like I could in your previous bios :)