NVIDIA GTX 700 series - modified VBIOS

svl7

Flashing: http://forum.techinferno.com/general-notebook-discussions/2166-%5Bguide%5D-nvidia-vbios-flashing.html

You can safely do it from within Windows instead of DOS since it's a desktop and not a notebook.

Don't worry too much about what's safe for 24/7, with the voltage limit of 1.212V you can't really do anything wrong. Just enjoy your card. As for what's stable... some people run benchmarks like 3dM11 in loops to see whether it crashes after a while... but that's not necessarily the best way. You'll see that overclocking can be very application specific, i.e. some programs will allow you to run at +200MHz core without issues while others my already crash at +50MHz. Therefore you most likely have to find different settings for different applications.

If the driver crashes just lower your overclock by 13 MHz and try again.

It comes all down to personal preference... I usually don't have my card overclocked except for benchmarks. However, as I said before, with this card I see no problems running it at the max voltage all the time... as long as the temperature of the card is reasonable. The limit of 1.212V doesn't really allow you to go into dangerous areas.

In the end the increased temperature from overvolting and overclocking will do more harm to the other components on the board than to the GK110 die. Just don't worry too much and enjoy your card.

As for the best way to test stability - I say there isn't such a thing as a best way, because some applications just don't allow for high overclocking and others do. Just find a good setting for the games and applications you want to run overclocked and create shortcuts for those clocks and your ready.

GTX 780 'OC edition v03' public link added to the first post. Thanks @eagle*23* for testing.

This vbios will work for all GTX 780 that use the reference board. Works best with cards that use the reference cooler due to the fan curve.

It comes all down to personal preference... I usually don't have my card overclocked except for benchmarks. However, as I said before, with this card I see no problems running it at the max voltage all the time... as long as the temperature of the card is reasonable. The limit of 1.212V doesn't really allow you to go into dangerous areas.

In the end the increased temperature from overvolting and overclocking will do more harm to the other components on the board than to the GK110 die. Just don't worry too much and enjoy your card.

As for the best way to test stability - I say there isn't such a thing as a best way, because some applications just don't allow for high overclocking and others do. Just find a good setting for the games and applications you want to run overclocked and create shortcuts for those clocks and your ready.

I quests that's what I'll do...make a OC profile and apply it when I am gaming and leave the card at stock when I'm in normal every day use. Is the mod Classie Bio that you made ok to use for everyday use? How does that bio work?

Yeah sure. The classified mod is based on the classifieds vbios but will work on reference cards as well, the main difference is the default fan curve. Also I set the power settings of the classifieds vbios higher than in the regular vbios because the classified can be overvolted more than the regular card and therefore can draw more power.

Yeah sure. The classified mod is based on the classifieds vbios but will work on reference cards as well, the main difference is the default fan curve. Also I set the power settings of the classifieds vbios higher than in the regular vbios because the classified can be overvolted more than the regular card and therefore can draw more power.

Sorry to be asking all this noob questions, but when you say able to be overvolted you do mean in then voltage tuner correct? Or can you do that in PrecisionX? I know u can turn up the voltage in PrecisionX by 38mV. What is the best power target that should be used...the max I would think?

Sorry to be asking all this noob questions, but when you say able to be overvolted you do mean in then voltage tuner correct? Or can you do that in PrecisionX? I know u can turn up the voltage in PrecisionX by 38mV. What is the best power target that should be used...the max I would think?

With overvolting I mean any voltage adjustment by software, e.g. EVGA precision, Nvidia Inspector or also that evga classified utility.

You won't need to touch the power target, the default value in my vbios should be sufficient.

I have a MSI GTX780 with the latest referens card bios on it Nvidia GTX 780 (EVGA) - 80.10.3A.00.01 - 'OC edition v03', my question is : As i have bought a

ARCTIC COOLING ACCELERO XTREME III

Arctic Cooling Accelero Xtreme III, GTX680, HD7870/HD7850

witch VBIOS should i use now?

Don't know, depends on how you want your fans to run. Maybe the ACX version is the better choice since it has a lower idle fan speed.

Nope, if you flash a vbios with a different ssid it should automatically change the driver settings when Windows loads.

First, how many post do you have to have before you can DL the EVGA 780 - Classified vbios pack - 'OC edition v03?

svl7,

when you made the EVGA 780 - Classified vbios pack - 'OC edition v03, did you use the org. LN2 classified bios?

Multiple times while playing Arma 3 I saw my GPU clock go up and down, now the server does have a ingame graphics changer but I am not sure if that accounts for this post-16083-1449499594085_thumb.png Why does it do this? I thought GPU boost 2.0 is disabled. Should be noted it uses alot less power and most likely usage from the GPU as its CPU reliant.

Edit shit wrong thread. This is a 780 ACX SC using the proper 3A bios. Will leave here because i am on my phone

Any chance for a classy bios with a higher power limit?
I think Svl7 mentioned the classy vbios mod has 440w? at default settings. If you go back a few pages he talks about why he left it at 130%.

Yes, the default value of the mod is already high enough (440W), meaning you most likely won't need to adjust it manually unless you really crank up the volts.

- - - Updated - - -

Multiple times while playing Arma 3 I saw my GPU clock go up and down, now the server does have a ingame graphics changer but I am not sure if that accounts for this [ATTACH=CONFIG]8673[/ATTACH] Why does it do this? I thought GPU boost 2.0 is disabled. Should be noted it uses alot less power and most likely usage from the GPU as its CPU reliant.

I've seen that before in some log files, can't really explain it. From what I have seen it only happens when the GPU usage is relatively low, so it's not really a performance decrease. Never seen it in benchmarks... I think that's really purely driver related.