NVIDIA GTX 700 series - modified VBIOS

svl7

I have EVGA GTX 780 SC ACX with bios .37. Is it OK to flash your latest Rev 03 bios on this card?

Yes.

it says I have 8 posts but it still wont let me download the classified bios. Also how come there isn't the package anymore it just says classified v3. Is that the same as the first ones in the package?

The server needs to update your permissions, it always takes a moment. You should be able to download now, I just checked, you have full permissions.

The attachment contains both vbios files, LN2 and regular.

What is the best oc bios for gtx 780 classified ?

Well, I'd say the modified Classified vbios... :P

I ask this because many people have achieved their best results with the bios "EVGA 780 - SC ACX - 80.10.3A.00.80 - OC edition v03" and I wish your opinion

I think that's related to the fact that I released the Classified mod only a few hours ago...

Does this work for the 780M as well or just the GTX 780 desktop card?

Nope. You want to check the second post here for the 780m mod: http://forum.techinferno.com/general-notebook-discussions/1847-nvidia-kepler-vbios-mods-overclocking-editions-modified-clocks-voltage-tweaks.html

hmmm is the classified worth it? what's the OC potential vs. the standard ACX?

If you want to bench it properly with extreme cooling... then yes, totally. Else I think the difference is not worth to get it if you already have a 780.

I think that's related to the fact that I released the Classified mod only a few hours ago...

Nope. You want to check the second post here for the 780m mod: http://forum.techinferno.com/general-notebook-discussions/1847-nvidia-kepler-vbios-mods-overclocking-editions-modified-clocks-voltage-tweaks.html

Ok I'll ask you here what I asked in another thread, even if you override the stock bios for the graphics card does that necessarily mean you're gonna be getting better benchmark scores, after all 3DMark11 scores your CPU as well, and I'm imagining dell and others have some max temp set for the CPU's as well no?

svl7,

I just flashed your r00 bios on my 780 SC ACX....Awesome BIOS!

My card is running a +330 offset core (1228 in shown in precision and +700 offset memory)

Everything looks great, but about 75% into the Valley benchmark run, the cards framerates drop dramatically and the Power % drops from 80% down to below 50%....Any idea what is happening here? I'm guessing some type of throttle, but that does not make sense if I'm only hitting 80% max....

Any thoughts? Thanks!

-M

since I got my 780 classified, voltage is always set to 1.35v. Do you think there is a risk of damaging the card to constantly leave the voltage to 1.35v?

Increased voltage will always come with higher temps... higher temps will reduce the life of components. Usually it's not the GPU die who dies, the other components on the board are likely to fail sooner...

If I were you I'd get some extended EVGA warranty and have fun with the card. Don't worry too much.

Ok I'll ask you here what I asked in another thread, even if you override the stock bios for the graphics card does that necessarily mean you're gonna be getting better benchmark scores, after all 3DMark11 scores your CPU as well, and I'm imagining dell and others have some max temp set for the CPU's as well no?

Well isn't it obvious that a vbios will only help to improve the GPU performance? Seriously, this is way off topic, no need to discuss CPU overclocking here.

I just flashed your r00 bios on my 780 SC ACX....Awesome BIOS!

My card is running a +330 offset core (1228 in shown in precision and +700 offset memory)

Everything looks great, but about 75% into the Valley benchmark run, the cards framerates drop dramatically and the Power % drops from 80% down to below 50%....Any idea what is happening here? I'm guessing some type of throttle, but that does not make sense if I'm only hitting 80% max....

Any thoughts? Thanks!

I never run valley... but try again with a lower memory overclock, try +300MHz.

Increased voltage will always come with higher temps... higher temps will reduce the life of components. Usually it's not the GPU die who dies, the other components on the board are likely to fail sooner...

If I were you I'd get some extended EVGA warranty and have fun with the card. Don't worry too much.

and with watercooling, it will be the same ?

Certainly a bit higher, will depend on the temps you get.

I cannot even reach 1100 stable Mhz on my sli setup with the stock bios's, granted I managed to get a .36/.37 revision card and my second card is one of the newer 3A revision cards, I hope the bios being different on each card does not somehow interfere with the overclock.

Just flash the 3A to both cards.

Hi svl7 I've tried your modded Nvidia bios on both my Gigabyte and MSI GTX 780. I got a good overclock on my MSI but the Gigabyte with a low ASIC reading is stuck at 1180mhz core, which is okay as I'll try to take it under LN2 in the near future.

The result I got with the MSI were

post-14846-14494995889936_thumb.jpg

Not related to the modded bios, but somehow related to the 780 and it's drivers, I've noticed that I'll get really poor performance after switching off my pc and switching it on the following day. After restarting the pc out of windows the performance will increase but still not be at the level it should be and it would take another one or two restarts for the performance to be where it should be. That is basically what happens with both my GTX 780's running single or SLI. I've basically tried from modded 314.22 to 320.11 through to the current 326.49 beta driver with the same problem.

Now on another note, would it be possible for me to flash my Gigabyte 780 with the EVGA modded bios set for LN2?

Anyways, thanks a mil for the great bios.

Now on another note, would it be possible for me to flash my Gigabyte 780 with the EVGA modded bios set for LN2?

I know the Classified has a new VRM module to handle high voltages and a bigger PCB with additional caps which probably come into play and add additional safety when performing extreme benchmarking. The Classified bios could have settings related to expected hardware tolerances.

@svl7,

Thought you would like to see 780 Classified results using Svl7 TI Classified bios - Nothing extreme yet :)

i7 3960x @ 4.9Ghz --- GTX 780 Classified --- 1306.5/7718 --- +274/+855 --- P11349 --- Air

ASIC 67.1

Nvidia Driver 326.41

Power Target: 95%

Temp Target: 94c

98ho.png

http://www.3dmark.com/fs/726888

Thanks again for your work and solutions with evga Modded vbios.

• Thumbs Up 1