NVIDIA GTX 700 series - modified VBIOS

svl7

Anybody having any problems with the 780 ACX SC bios mod?

Problems no, but flashing it on a reference card you loose 1000 fan RPMs so +10* over 70s with custom profile.

We still wait for modified 037 bios no matter which one...

Problems no, but flashing it on a reference card you loose 1000 fan RPMs so +10* over 70s with custom profile.

We still wait for modified 037 bios no matter which one...

I didn't even think of that DStealth, obviously the fans are different so they'll spin at different speeds, that explains why my card seems to running warmer.

Firstly, thanks for this it's great. I run Linux and so can't OC my stock cards but now have them running at 1020Mhz with the ASX Bios. Is there a way to modify the ROM to have fan always set at 90-100%? They are getting a little warm and there's no way to up the fan speed under Ubuntu.

Cheers,

I imagined that people would like a vbios similar to the one I released for the Titan, so here you go.

As I don't have 780 myself I'll need your feedback in order to adjust the mod in case something doesn't work as it should.

(...)

To clarify some things - as boost is disabled clocks and voltage will be fixed in 3d mode. In all other performance profiles the card will behave just as the with the stock vbios.

The main differences to the stock vbios is that there is no throttling.

I flashed your modded BIOS on a pair of Gainward GTX 780 cards and everything is working fine.

With the stock BIOS one card was limited to 1.187 V and couldn't go higher than 1164 Mhz. Now it reaches 1202 MHz at 1.212 V. The other card now tops out at around 1240 Mhz (which is kind of irrelevant since it is then slowed down by the first card). So big thanks for that.

However, why did you lock voltages in 3D mode? Are there any stability issues when switching voltages at high GPU clocks? Because what I liked about the stock BIOS was that it would clock down if the load wasn't that high, and would reduce GPU voltage accordingly. Now my cards sometimes sit at 800-900 MHz (not due to throttling, just because I'm playing older games sometimes) but with full voltage applied. And since I use watercooling my temperatures are well below 50 °C and the boost would always use its maximum frequency. So by any chance could you also do a modded BIOS that has GPU Boost enabled* and still allows for 1.212 V / higher power target?

And one more thing, is there any particular reason why your modded BIOS only works with EVGA Precision? MSI Afterburner allows clock adjustements but voltage control is completely screwed. It's no big deal since I switched to Precision anyway, but at first I was a bit stumped by Afterburner listing my GPU voltage at +255.

Anyway, big thanks again for the modded BIOS!

(so the cards downclock and reduce voltage even in 3D mode - I don't always need their full power, especially when playing games like Dirt and StarCraft...)

To the folks having issues overclocking their memory with this BIOS, I have some additional findings. Found my max GPU clock was 1215mhz and memory was only 1584mhz. Took the GPU down to 1200mhz and was able to bump the memory to 1758mhz. I did see a noticeable improvement, about 5% for benchmarks and about 2-4 FPS increase in Crysis 3. Not bad for taking the GPU down 15mhz but upping the memory 174mhz.

• Founder
Guys, I'm new to this forum, I don't expect to be loved by everyone, but I think that an answer would be kind...

I'm sure @svl7 will reply when he can. He has many requests so just be patient or pm him.

Sent from my GT-N7000

• Thumbs Up 1

Hi everyone,

I have a evga gtx 780 (not sc) with the latest bios and the throttling is driving me nuts.. i've used powermizer and it helped to some extent but it still throttles.

Can anyone help me and just remove the throttling alone?

Hey guys I am unable to download the EVGA 780 - SC ACX - 80.10.37.00.0B - 'OC edition v00'.zip bios. Gives me a " Rp3589, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation

I've already activated my account.

Any ideas? Thanks!

Hey guys I am unable to download the EVGA 780 - SC ACX - 80.10.37.00.0B - 'OC edition v00'.zip bios. Gives me a " Rp3589, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
  1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?

2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation

I've already activated my account.

Any ideas? Thanks!

• Thumbs Up 2

Ok I'm kinda new with the 780 technology but after spending the day reading most of the posts on it and the custom vbios it seems like there is nothing that can be done at all to push more voltage? Like 1.3v? Or did I miss something somewhere?

i got the EVGA 780 sc acx version and i tried to flash the modified version bios.

but got an error i used nvflash_5.128.0.1

and put nvflash and the modified bios on a bootable USB-stick, typed nvflash.exe bios.rom cause i renamed the modified name from

Nvidia_GTX_780_-_80.10.36.00.01_-_'OC_edition_v00' to bios.rom :)

got a pic of the error: Vupvpya.jpg

What can be the error in this case?

maybe i need the newest nvflash, but i cant dl them too new user :=)

thanks in advance