NVIDIA GTX 700 series - modified VBIOS

svl7

If people on other forums have issues with a T|I vbios, they can come here and report it. Otherwise they can expect 0 support.

Yeah that may have been me he was referring to. I flashed and was crashing every 5-10 minutes on a clock speed I was stable at for many hours. Wasn't really looking for support on another forum, just was going to wait and see if it was working for everyone else, and that way I'd know if it was just my card that sucked or if it was the BIOS that needed tweaking. Looks like it was my card's fault since I've seen many others have had success with the BIOS, but my card didn't agree with it for some reason.

I swapped cards around when I had to put my Titan back in to flash it back to the stock BIOS before selling it, so I think I'm going to try doing this other 780 now and see if I get better results, since it seems like the stronger one of the two anyways.

Thanks for everything svl7 :)

1241/3506 with modded BIOS @ 1.212v. So lost 80MHz on the memory and gained 26MHz on the core. Temps increase of 2c.

Comparision with Unigine:

Modded Bios = 1241/3506

FPS = 59.2

Score = 1491

Min FPS = 27.4

Max FPS = 122.1

Stock Bios = 1215/3580

FPS = 58.2

Score = 1465

Min FPS = 27.7

Max FPS = 121.7

Gained 1FPS average on Unigine. Lost 0.3 on the min FPS and gained 0.4 on the max FPS in Unigine. Stable in Metro Last Light and Far Cry 3

Gained on average about ~80mhz effective clock over stock bios overclocks. The best thing out of all of this is the fact that there's no more random clock jumps. It's all consistent with gpu boost disabled.

Card #1: 1100/3650

Card #2: 1100/3450

That's +200 core and +600 / +450 memory as compared to stock clocks.

Pretty impressive. I'm not able to run at 1200 though. Highest I can get on one card is around 1150 even at max voltage.

• Founder
Gained on average about ~80mhz effective clock over stock bios overclocks. The best thing out of all of this is the fact that there's no more random clock jumps. It's all consistent with gpu boost disabled.

Card #1: 1100/3650

Card #2: 1100/3450

That's +200 core and +600 / +450 memory as compared to stock clocks.

Pretty impressive. I'm not able to run at 1200 though. Highest I can get on one card is around 1150 even at max voltage.

Yeah not all cards will hit 1200+ unfortunately. Even my Titans max out at 1202 MHz but in games I keep them in the 1150 range.

Hi everyone I am new to the site. I just got 2 GTX 780 SC ACX and wanted to try out this bios. I have a question I hope someone can answer it for me. I see that this bios is modded to allow 350 watt power target by default. I have read that the PCB of the titan and GTX 780 is 300 watts maxed so by allowing the GTX 780 to run at 350 watt by default won't that damage the card in the long run ?

Thanks

Nope, that won't be an issue, you will never reach this value unless you increase the voltage. Increasing the voltage will always result in higher temps which will shorten the life of the card. Yet I haven't managed to actually kill a card so far, all the values are reasonable, and 1.212v is the max you can set with software, there's nothing you need to worry about if you ask me.

Can you send me a copy of your vbios? If I'm not mistaken the ACX vbios has some slight differences. The vbios posted here should work fine, but it might result in a weird fan behavior when used on the ACX card, not sure.

Thanks for letting me that it should not cause any problem with the 350watt power target. I just posted the new v08.10.37.00.80 link to the evga page where you can get the SC ACX version from in my last post . If you have any problem downloading it please let know and I will send it to you. I will now provide you with the link to my current bios for my SC ACX which is v.08.10.36.00.80 I hope this can help you examine them and see if there are any differences. I back it up using GPU-Z 0.6.4.

https://mega.co.nz/#!RRxi1Rgb!cK-64yEAF-3SB4nF9ILzl3zgPmw_71DdjcD8w-wZYAY

Thanks

P.S. Please let us know if you find anything different.

• Thumbs Up 1

Nope, that won't be an issue, you will never reach this value unless you increase the voltage. Increasing the voltage will always result in higher temps which will shorten the life of the card. Yet I haven't managed to actually kill a card so far, all the values are reasonable, and 1.212v is the max you can set with software, there's nothing you need to worry about if you ask me.

Can you send me a copy of your vbios? If I'm not mistaken the ACX vbios has some slight differences. The vbios posted here should work fine, but it might result in a weird fan behavior when used on the ACX card, not sure.

Came here to post the exact same thing

@svl7

Hi I think I have giving enough time for my cards to break in already and would like to use your bios mod on both my cards. I would like to know if you have had some time to take a look at the new bios for the EVGA SC ACX to see if its a bit different fan related to the stock card. It would be great if you can also mod the new v08.10.37.00.80 as I have been using it for a few hours and I think its allot more stable in my machine since I do not have a UEFI compatible motherboard. I do not mean to rush you just wanted to know if its safe to flash your current bios mod without having any problem with my fan operation and if we can expect a new bios from you soon.

Thanks

Thanks

Yes, and I will provide a separate ACX mod, probably sometime tomorrow, based on the new vbios.

The current mod will work as it is the same board, but the fan might act a bit weird, or just run faster than it does with the ACX vbios.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yes, and I will provide a separate ACX mod, probably sometime tomorrow, based on the new vbios.

The current mod will work as it is the same board, but the fan might act a bit weird, or just run faster than it does with the ACX vbios.

Ok cool thanks for letting me know. I will wait for you to release the new ACX bios.

Thanks from all the ACX owners, but quick question will you be doing a SC ACX version or just the standard ACX one? Not sure what the difference, just the default boost is higher? I have a SC and it boosts to 1097MHz stock. I look forward to trying out your bios, and will post back with my results.

Hello. I flashed svl7 mod bios in my gigabyte gtx 780. I did not have any errors using nvflash 5.134.0.1 (Windows versión). But now, when I try to save the bios with nvflash, I receive the message "error: pci block chain corrupted" I tried reflashing the original bios, but the message is still showing. The pc Works ok. Do I have to be worried??

Any chance the new ACX vbios will be ready for today? I love to find out how far I can push my two cards.

Yes.

Hello. I flashed svl7 mod bios in my gigabyte gtx 780. I did not have any errors using nvflash 5.134.0.1 (Windows versión). But now, when I try to save the bios with nvflash, I receive the message "error: pci block chain corrupted" I tried reflashing the original bios, but the message is still showing. The pc Works ok. Do I have to be worried??

Hmm, I'm not sure what's going on, something like this happened to me as well a while ago, might be an issue with nvflash. What parameters did you use to flash the card?

Yes.

Hmm, I'm not sure what's going on, something like this happened to me as well a while ago, might be an issue with nvflash. What parameters did you use to flash the card?

Nvflash biosname.rom -4 -5 -6. Before, I pushed protectoff..

Use GPU-Z 0.6.4 to backup from 780s: http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=48112&d=1344772659

Well.. apparently my issues with my second pci-e slot are probably related to the 780 bios after reading EVGA's forums. All this time I thought my motherboard was defective. Either way I'm already in the process of RMAing my motherboard and getting a new one. Kinda sucks.

Thanks for your work svl7. Do you think you'd be able to mod the bios update of just the regular EVGA SC Reference as well? Just because that Bios fixes motherboard compatibility issues.

Thanks in advance.

v80.10.37 03G-P4-2783-KR - EVGA GeForce GTX 780 SC