NVIDIA GTX 700 series - modified VBIOS

svl7

i purchased Clevo P150Sm with 780M and planning to flash vBIOS to svl7 OC edition. Which program is recommend for modifying vBIOS clock settings? I want to permanently modify GPU/memory clocks and then flash and forget it.

New member here, I'm excited reading the forums here, especially sv17's work with the bios mods. I'm hoping to get some direction. I just bought evga 780 FTW a few days ago (elphida memory, yuck). It was on sale for 485 and thought I couldn't pass it up for that price (plus a 20 rebate)

I've browsed and searched this forum but can't find any mention of correct bios mod to use. I know this dual bios card with acx cooler comes with a factory overclock (clocks between the SC and classified) which is great, but I do want to try a bios mod to push it to it's limits, since I'll be getting at least 1440 monitor in a few months, maybe multi monitors down the road. I'm mainly looking for better gaming performance in Arma3 and other games I'd like to try like BF4, dayz, sniper elite3. I don't plan on putting the 780 FTW under water, as I knew buying it that there are no full blocks for it, so will only be on air.

Which bios mod should I use? maybe the "Classified - 80.10.3A.0x.80 - 'OC edition v03'?

or just the "SC ACX"?

• 2 weeks later...

I need to underclock my GTX780M on my Clevo P170SM, its running fine when on full clocks, but when temps go up (93c), the clocks go way down. I tried to edit my bios backup, but Kepler Bios Tweaker does not support mobile gpu´s? So the some of the pci ID stuff get screwed up, as it thinks it for desktop gpu, so some stuff get removed from the final rom file? Anyone know how to edit a kepler bios for mobile versions? I suck at HEX, so I need some kind of app preferably?

• 4 weeks later...

I see these firmware versions on the first post are 80.10.xx.xx.xx. Is there a difference between those and the 80.80.xx.xx.xx versions, the latter is what i've in my EVGA SC ACX 03G-P4-2784-KR. My curiosity is that when i'm doing something that should be GPU intensive the GPU Core Clock and GPU Memory Clock sensors in GPU-Z drop down to 324Mhz/162Mhz and they are up and down. Does the displayed GPU boost affect these sensors and stabilise them or is this something different? I have the NVidia control panel setting of Prefer Maximum performance set globally and the app i'm using AutoCAD 2015. It appears be be loading the GPU but operations are painfully slow.

My EVGA 03G-P4-2784-KR 780 SC original firmware was 80.80.45.00.80 EVGA sent me another one to lower minimum fan speed to 1300 RPM which is 80.80.31.00.81, does it matter that these re very different numbers? Maybe the first firmware is for B1 GK110?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi SVL7 i love your work on this bios.

I've got a problem, i just received an 780 SC ACX, I have already a Hydro copper with your mod bios at 1162mhz but i can't find again the .rom file....

Do you remember what and where is the .rom modded bios?

Best regards.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
Hey guys, I flashed my EVGA GTX 780 SC ACX 'cause I would like to put my fans under the 40% but even when I put 1%, the speed of the fans stays at 1290RPM...

strange? i use this modified bios on same gpu and on auto-fanspeed idle in windows 29% 1190ish rpm.

and 29% is the lowest i can set, atleast with nvidiainspector.

• 4 months later...

I have read many materials about VBIOS of you ...

Have an alienware m17x R4, put 1 week gtx 780m and I can not make it work properly ... low FPS, 90C 50% only, screen lock, all the same INF using modified ... please help me, in Brazil we do not support ... and my English is poor ...

I have no experience in laptop, but I've modified my bios to a12 and VBIOS to 80 ... what is missing ? Help me if you can ... hugs and thanks

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello All!

This is my first post - So don't harass me too much =)...

I'm a long time computer builder and overclocker but have not done much work with video cards.  It seems to me that every time I try a program like precision X16 my performance always goes down =P.

So I would appreciate any links to good articles/guides for improving/overclocking video cards.

I'm wondering if there is a vbios mod file already in existence for the EVGA GTX 780 Ti Dual Classified (03-P4-2888-KR).  My current vbios is 80.80.34.00.80

I also own several (03-P4-2889-KR) same card in Hydro Copper version.

Thanks!

Mike

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...

Hey there,just signed up because I've looked everywhere for a better BIOS than my 780 SC came with. Hopefully I'll get past the pre motion thingy. Although i'm very bad at staying active online so we'll see.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...