You should get Section 8 and try that on the IGP (or I will when mine comes heh). Its 10$ and the graphics are okay but should be fine on integrated on medium or so. Itd be fun to play with an XBOX controller on the go.

the classics are always fun to revisit I posted a bunch in shoutbox a few days ago. Unreal,doom,gears,half life,condemned,manhunt,quake I could really go on forever but I love the classics.

Is Battlefield 3 coming out later this year and has anyone seen more footage or examples of how it might run on what kind of PC hardware?

Lol Call of Duty will run 100fps+ for years unless someone else steps in. BF3, Im thinking All high, no AA, Medium shadows, 1280x800. And maybe about 30-40fps range?

I play BFBC2 @ about 60-80fps all maxed, vsync off, 2xaa, 1600x900 with OC @ 750/1080

According to an interview the crew behind BF3 said that the system requirements werent crazy like crysis. And ive gotten crysis warhead maxed (1366x768) at a very smooth 25-35 fps. I would expect simular performance from another juggernaught game :)

But im assuming there will be a few high end effects (I.E. SSAO) which maght have to take a hike.

Announced requirements:

http://gamrfeed.vgchartz.com/story/87125/can-your-pc-handle-battlefield-3/

Edited by Ninjahunter
  • Thumbs Up 1

No different than ARMA 2. When it was first released, no computer could play it on very high, now with the new I7's and threading many folks can play it. BF3 will be a release the average pc can play but items like SSAO or HBAO and high shadows will be reserved to sli or xfire customers.

Just my .02

Stevenx

• 4 weeks later...

Moving away from BF3, The crysis 2 Black fire mod 2 and the latest HL2 cinematic mod both run well (graphics overhauls)

I didnt bother to measure the FPS on the mods but the crysis 2 mod ran pretty much the same as ultra settings and the HL2 cinematic mod felt like a good 60 fps.

Also heres some gameplay of metro 2033 on an i5 M14x i made. In the description i gave the frame rate of all the different graphics levels in dx9 :)

• Thumbs Up 1

Thanks Ninja! Can I beg a favor? Can you run the built in benchmark that comes with metro2033 on 1280x720, high settings, no phsyx, no fov, dx11 (and dx10 if you like) and post a screenshot of the scores? If you like you are welcome to OC the gpu. (Compare your settings to the ones in this video please...‪Alienware M14x Gameplay at 720p 900p 1080p‬‏ - YouTube) Curious to see what you get. Thanks so much!

• 3 weeks later...

Hey everyone. =) I was wondering if someone could do me a favor. Could someone run Tomb Raider Underworld and lemme know how it runs? It's one of the games ive had since, literally, the beginning of the year. I'm more than certain the m14x can handle it but I wanna just see how well it *can* handle it. I'm so Close to being able to buy my on m14x and I'm eager to finally play this game.

Hey everyone. =) I was wondering if someone could do me a favor. Could someone run Tomb Raider Underworld and lemme know how it runs? It's one of the games ive had since, literally, the beginning of the year. I'm more than certain the m14x can handle it but I wanna just see how well it *can* handle it. I'm so Close to being able to buy my on m14x and I'm eager to finally play this game.

Hi, you left a request on my youtube channel a while back, sorry it took so long. Loaded up the game maxed out with 4x AA and it ran silky smooth. Never went below 60fps. I was actually surprised at how well it ran because this game actually looks pretty good. I didnt play it for too long because I got stuck alot but, from the numbers i saw you will probably never get a single 'hiccup' the entire game.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi, you left a request on my youtube channel a while back, sorry it took so long. Loaded up the game maxed out with 4x AA and it ran silky smooth. Never went below 60fps. I was actually surprised at how well it ran because this game actually looks pretty good. I didnt play it for too long because I got stuck alot but, from the numbers i saw you will probably never get a single 'hiccup' the entire game.
Thank you! I appreciate you taking the time to do that for me. Really great to hear it does well, and wow! 4x the AA? Nice! I can never use AA so that's cool. lol Yeah from a LP I saw it's gonna take me awhile to finish but I'm excited. Thanks again!

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys, here some more info about Battlefield 3 Beta, and my gameplay stats.

I played at 590/1180/900 stock clocks, with the 280.26 drivers and never dipped below 30 fps. On the outdoor map, i had about 35-40 fps while moving around, max of 45, and never went below 30 even in heavy gunfights. This is pretty surprising to me. Anyways, i'm looking forward to trying the new "Battlefield 3 Drivers" and seeing what performance i get then :)

Settings: All Ultra, shadows medium. Resolution 1366x768 60hz refresh rate. AA off AF off, Ambient occlusion off (do you guys use off, SSAO, or HBAO?)

The game is a lot of fun, but as expected, there are A LOT of glitches already, i.e. falling through the floor and struggling to get out, white flashes every now and then, etc.

I will be trying to do an overclocked gameplay @ 750/900, but i haven't had a chance to overclock this m14x being that it is my new replacement :). lemme know if you have any other questions! :)

Hey there... i played BF3 Beta today for 2 hours....

@ mmskate

the reason why you are getting such high framerates is simple... i also wondered.... ingame you can change settings but they take not effect until restarting the game... I also pulled all to "ultra"

and was wondering about 45 - 60 frames...then I restarted the game and the changed setting took effect... now the frames jumped between 22 and 30... not higher (all settings on ultra)

with my core clock at 840 shaders on 1680 and mem on 1040. I guess you played on auto setting... this gives me also 45 fps...

My overall setting is now high and i get between 27 - 38 Frames (inside the tunnel on metro map its better). So I choose to lower 3 or 4 settings to medium and now i can play

1600x900 35 - 50 Frames. Game look still amazing and the performance is optimized.

When I look at my setting (clocks) and yours its impossible that you are running the game on overall ULTRA setting... try it one more time as i described above and you will see that

you have to lower settings on that clocks. Don´t forget it´s a BETA.

Let me know when you try again..

Edited by n3ocort3x

• 2 weeks later...

guys can u help me?

when i plug-in battery my games don't have any lag... and when i unplug the battery it's became lag... this just happen after 3 weeks after i played the same game and no problem before this,.... any solution???

the game is Last remant (i know a bit old but still haven't get to ending when i play @ xbox so i cont here).... the lag is too painful to watch.... and it's effect other game as well when the battery is unplug...

this is my spec

Alienware M14x: i7 2630QM 2ghz, 8gb DDR3, 750gb 7200RPM HDD, 1600x900 HD+ WLED, 3gb GT 555M

sorry for bad english

• 2 months later...

so ok Im uber new to the gaming scene so I may end up having a lot of questions in the end LOL but for now my main concern is when playing COH (city of hereos) my screen starts to blink out on me. it does this several times and Im not sure why....could it be that I have things set to switch auto from one vid card to the other depending on the game and what it needs to run? or is there something else going on? Its becoming annoying as hell LOL

thanks for any feedback ya can give

Anytime the notebook switches from the Intel HD to the nvidia 555 you will have flicker. Should be 3-5 flickers then stop. It should ONLY happen when launching the game. Some older games COH (old for PC game) may not be fully compatible with our switching technology. This will force the game to use the nvidia processor.

1. With no games open, right click on your desktop.

2. Choose Nvidia Control Panel

3. Right hand side (global settings) PREFERRED GRAPHICS PROCESSOR: Hit the drop down and change it to HIGH PERFORMANCE NVIDIA PROCESSOR.

4. Click apply on the bottom.

5. You probably don't want to leave it that way forever but it might help.

Thanks guys for helpin with this. Granted I have tons of tech experience this is a first for dual graphic with her Nvidia and me with the AMD 6990m and how it switches. Will be fun to learn all this stuff just have to remember we have different high end GPUs when I goto work on em.

• Thumbs Up 1

guys can u help me?

when i plug-in battery my games don't have any lag... and when i unplug the battery it's became lag... this just happen after 3 weeks after i played the same game and no problem before this,.... any solution???

the game is Last remant (i know a bit old but still haven't get to ending when i play @ xbox so i cont here).... the lag is too painful to watch.... and it's effect other game as well when the battery is unplug...

this is my spec

Alienware M14x: i7 2630QM 2ghz, 8gb DDR3, 750gb 7200RPM HDD, 1600x900 HD+ WLED, 3gb GT 555M

sorry for bad english

When you unplug your system, by default now (thanks to dell -ugh-) it limits the core clock of the GPU to 203. This is less than 1/2 of the regular clock. This is to prevent damage, since the battery cannot provide enough power when unplugged to fulfill the desired clocks. Its something you just have to deal with. If you don't want to deal with it, you'll have to get the Modded A01 bios and follow Stevenx's guide to Gaming on Battery. It's a few pages back in the M14x section (not in this thread but the section this thread is in).

• 9 months later...

Hey guys, I'm brand new to this forum, and I came on here to ask a question about heat issues with my m14x R1 with a GF116 GT 555m. I currently use MSI Afterburner and overclock my GPU to 760/1080, and I can sometimes get as hot as 95C, at which point the GPU is throttled to oblivion in order to keep from burning up. Even with no OC, my GPU still reaches upwards of 85C. I have checked for dust in my fans and everything seems clear (and they should be, considering I had my fans replaced when I got this laptop repaired a month or so ago due to a missing key and a small crack on my screen which, according to the Dell service guy, was due to excess heat [i didn't pay attention to my temps before-hand, but I don't know the difference]). I have also checked my CPU (intel core i5 2430m) with ThrottleStop and found that it can also reach up-to 99C, which, at that point, it is throttled. Do you think maybe the CPU is causing the GPU to heat up? I should also mention I use the laptop on a flat glass surface, which should be perfectly fine from what I've heard.