Alienware M18x R1 running a Nvidia GTX 780M - Let the testing begin

1 is the core FETs. 2 and 3 are memory.

ok here is what i notice No. 1 was totally covered by thermo pads and there is no color change on it . 2 and 3 i found that half of each chip was fully in contact with thermo pads and the other half was barely touch the thermo pads but there is no color change on them or even any strange smell

ok here is what i notice No. 1 was totally covered by thermo pads and there is no color change on it . 2 and 3 i found that half of each chip was fully in contact with thermo pads and the other half was barely touch the thermo pads but there is no color change on them or even any strange smell

OK so you did use the proper cooler. I was thinking maybe you used one that did not cool them.

• Thumbs Up 1

OK so you did use the proper cooler. I was thinking maybe you used one that did not cool them.

for no i i'm sure that they was covered properly but let say that some thing went wrong with the heat dont u thing that i can easlly find a clew like strange color difference on the card or even burn smell ?? dont u think . and lets sy that accually these FETS has gone so cant i just replace them or i cant ??

for no i i'm sure that they was covered properly but let say that some thing went wrong with the heat dont u thing that i can easlly find a clew like strange color difference on the card or even burn smell ?? dont u think . and lets sy that accually these FETS has gone so cant i just replace them or i cant ??

Yes if something did go bad you will probably see discoloration on it.

• Thumbs Up 1

guys i'm really confused if u can just go with me on that , now the card before was fine 2da later i had this issue the 5 and 8 beeps ) so went back to the stock one and every thing become fine , if this card is damaged is it logical that i can see physical damage on the card like difference in color or something is burned or any smell ?!! am i right or no, so if i have nothing so haw i can be sure that this card is defective ??? please help ! i need alot of opinions as much as u can because i'm really going crazy , at least if i'm sure that its damage i can cry for some time and then every thing will bass . :( please help guys thanks

i found the defective peace in the GPU board its marked in the attached image. when i start my laptop after 2 seconds it becomes v. hot it burns my finger so what is this piece???[ATTACH=CONFIG]8782[/ATTACH] and is it replaceable ?
  • Thumbs Up 1

Hello my M18x R2 + Clevo 780M and I have a problem :( The system starts up because it is sound but no video. the screen is black but sounds operable windows . lack of vision :( the same in Safe Mode lack of vision :( I'm using the unlocked A10 bios, enabled peg, intel graphics off Card seems efficient because the system is loading and there are no signals death . Vision, unfortunately, there is no

Hello my M18x R2 + Clevo 780M and I have a problem :( The system starts up because it is sound but no video. the screen is black but sounds operable windows . lack of vision :( the same in Safe Mode lack of vision :( I'm using the unlocked A10 bios, enabled peg, intel graphics off Card seems efficient because the system is loading and there are no signals death . Vision, unfortunately, there is no

I'm not an expert as u see I already have a not working card :) but check this thread may be can help u

http://forum.techinferno.com/alienware-m17x-aw-17/3702-m17x-r3-gpu-upgrade-gtx-780m-10.html

good luck

I'm not an expert as u see I already have a not working card :) but check this thread may be can help u

http://forum.techinferno.com/alienware-m17x-aw-17/3702-m17x-r3-gpu-upgrade-gtx-780m-10.html

good luck

Sorry about the R3 does not solve the problem :( but thank you:) Damn I do not know what to do with the 780m :( Could lcd was not compatible with 780m ?? I'm breaking down the money went into the mud: 72: The sound is, however, no vision :( while the gtx660m everything okay :)

• Thumbs Up 1

See if external monitors work. If not then turn your IGP back on. If you can't see in BIOS pulling your CMOS and main battery may reset the BIOS to use the iGPU. Once you get the iGPU running go see if the BIOS and windows device manager see it.

See if external monitors work. If not then turn your IGP back on. If you can't see in BIOS pulling your CMOS and main battery may reset the BIOS to use the iGPU. Once you get the iGPU running go see if the BIOS and windows device manager see it.
IGP option is not in my BIOS :( while the external monitor without driver will not see you card :(Damn the M17xR3 there was no such problems The M18x R2 huge disappointment :(

IGP option is not in my BIOS :( while the external monitor without driver will not see you card :(Damn the M17xR3 there was no such problems The M18x R2 huge disappointment :(

IGP = Integrated Graphics Processor. You disabled it by switching from IGFX to PEG mode. Since the integrated works and the discrete does not, switch back to IGFX so we can diagnose the 780m.

And the default windows driver will still turn on external monitors if the internal is not detected. It will only switch one display on however. This is why desktop users can install graphics card drivers without a built in display.

• Thumbs Up 1

IGP = Integrated Graphics Processor. You disabled it by switching from IGFX to PEG mode. Since the integrated works and the discrete does not, switch back to IGFX so we can diagnose the 780m.

And the default windows driver will still turn on external monitors if the internal is not detected. It will only switch one display on however. This is why desktop users can install graphics card drivers without a built in display.

in other words, I now have 660m in grabs and mode transitions IGP.? then put 780m and re-enable notebook , nothing tomorrow I will act :) thank you :)

welcome back :)Unfortunately, my 780M does not send the image to an external monitor vga ,hdmi :( The system starts up with the sounds of windows - but damn no picture ! therefore it is not possible burst of flashes on the modified VBIOS :( In other words, nothing I can do arghh...Do gtx780m Clevo card does not match the M18xr2 ?? delowskiej 780m because I do not have possibility to buy :( Anyway, we already sailed with cash and to run the current lack of luck Clevo 780m :(

Chiefule you probably have a Dell GTX780M card ?If so could you send me the original bios of the card ?vbios of gpuz dump file I mean, of course, about the original dell vbios gtx780m !Because I have a Clevo card and I can not get the vision of the LCD :( my email: [email protected] This is a last resort M18x R2 !

ADMIN EDIT: DO NOT QUOTE LARGE POSTS FOR NO REASON!

-BRIAN

Hey Champ! Sorry too hear of all the troubles you are currently having.

My 780M was also a clevo one like yours. So I would say it is using the same vbios. I am currently using svl7's unlocked vbios from here.

Cheers. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Finally got Nvidia GTX 780M SLi running in my M18x R1 system.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]8991[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]8992[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]8993[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]8994[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]8995[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]8996[/ATTACH]

congratulations chiefule they looks amazing enjoy them :)

• Thumbs Up 1

Hey Champ! Sorry too hear of all the troubles you are currently having.

My 780M was also a clevo one like yours. So I would say it is using the same vbios. I am currently using svl7's unlocked vbios from here.

Welcome. After inserting the card into M18xR2 Dell Gtx780M zero problems :)

Full plug & play :)

On the slopes card gpu / mem 850/2500 MHz in 3dmark 11 more than 7900 points :)

Also acknowledge the great work gtx780m M18xR2 :)

It must be one conditio ! _ Only card DELL !

And this is my results after OC:

3920XM Level 3 _44/42/41/40

GTX 780m Gpu / Mem: 980/3000Mhz

3DMark FireStrike : http://www.3dmark.com/fs/885245

3DMark11: http://www.3dmark.com/3dm11/7158022

3Dmark Vantage : http://www.3dmark.com/3dmv/4806038

• Thumbs Up 1