NVIDIA GTX 780 Owners

Brian

I played Torchlight 2 with mine at it stayed at like 600ish core clocks and temps never broke 50. I don't think LoL isn't that demanding enough for a 780 to stretch its leg. Check your Vsync, it should be off so your FPS would blow the roof.. If that doesn't work I would say there's something with the game engine and driver.

As for BF3, that's weird. 780 should be able to clock as high as possible as long as you don't have CPU bottleneck.

• 2 months later...

Just bought one of these Inno3D GeForce GTX 780 iChill HerculeZ X3 Ultra DHS Edition and having some real issues with the voltages.

If i overclock the memory at all then the core frequency drops off, the higher the memory clock the lower the core. Is this normal? It seems to be linked with the core voltage dropping too, but I'm not sure if the core speed decrease is causing the voltage drop of the voltage drop is causing the core speed decrease.

GPU-Z is reporting power as the limiting factor on the clock speeds.

BF4 FPS are shocking too and seem to be hovering around 30 FPS whether i run everything on Ultra or Low (2560x1600)

any advice?

i have a problem running mines on sli. As soon as i install a driver on my second card ( ACX ) the fans go to a 100%. Could a modded bios help with this?

Can you adjust the fan speed using afterburner or the likes? If so, couldn't you just set up a custom profile?

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if this is a right thread for this but couldn't find any better and I don't think this is worth starting new thread. Anyways...

I have just completed a series of benchmarks with my 780 Classy. My GPU is not so great overclocker for the Classified but still it ain't a bad overclocker at all.

I've tested with 3DMark Vantage, 3DMark 11, 3DMark Fire Strike, Unigine Heaven and Unigine Valley.

Everything is cooled with (cold) air.

My 780 Classy's stock ACX cooler has been upgraded to Arctic Cooling Accelero Xtreme III and the stock LN2 bios has been flashed with the T | I (Tech|Inferno) bios, which has been working best for me. Thanks a lot for your modded bios, svl7.

Screenshots can be found from the direct links below. Any comments about my benchmark results are welcome.

EDIT: All scores updated 22.12.2013!

3DMark Vantage:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/e5m005irdowi9rj/evga_gtx_780_classified_3dmark_vantage_oc_final.jpg

3DMark 11:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/lyaxmkmsi5mvurf/evga_gtx_780_classified_3dmark_11_oc_final.jpg

3DMark Fire Strike:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/w2y8a1msozs9dt7/evga_gtx_780_classified_3dmark_fire_strike_oc_final.jpg

Unigine Heaven:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/g4ctudl3wyqce2j/evga_gtx_780_classified_unigine_heaven_oc_final.jpg

Unigine Valley:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/zxulkwlpc76qytk/evga_gtx_780_classified_unigine_valley_oc_final.jpg

And finally, a photo of my rig, including my 780 Classy with the Accelero Xtreme III cooler fitted:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/5vnahjkf79zowtl/IMG_0996.JPG

• Thumbs Up 1

Got 1 EVGA 780 SC ACX in system running 1215mhz core stable and just put in an order for a 2nd one. Can't wait to put some benches on it.

That's good to hear. I've just purchased the same card but putting it under water. Interested in the SLI benches also.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guys it is a very big difference from One GTX 780 and 2x GTX 780 SLI? I mean that this diference is worth to buy another card or maybe better is to pay for one stronger like Titan?

Well your best bet is for sure to sli the 780s. What res do you play your games at? Are you playing something like bf4 on surround with max settings?

• 3 weeks later...

Card installed and Windows all back up and running with no problems. Loving it so far, really quiet and cool. Played a bit of FC3 and it's unbelievably smooth with every setting maxed. I could almost hear it whisper "pfft, is that all you've got?" so I stuck on Metro LL bench with all bells and whistles ringing and brought the card to it's knees with a 9.2fps min... which is still better than the 8.6fps min with the 7950 chox_laugh.gif I think the 780s max was about 94 though. I ran Valley too and impressive results there.

Only 1 issue that's bothering me... my monitor is connected via HDMI, and my HDTV is connected via DVI>VGA Adapater at TV. On AMD I always used to get the BIOS screen (and BIOS itself) on the monitor, but now with the 780 it defaults to the TV. No apparent way to chance it in the BIOS either. Not a big issue as I'm rarely in the BIOS, just a bit of a pain if I ever do need to go into it when the TV is in other use. I'm also missing the ability to disable/enable display 2 from the system tray, but otherwise I like NV Control Panel a lot more than crappy CCC.

Hey folks. Another new member to the 780 Club. An EVGA 780 SC ACX should be arriving with me tomorrow.

I'm upgrading from an Asus HD 7950 3GB DCII and this will be my first NVIDIA card since my old XFX 7900 GT :)

How much did you spend for it?

What is the Max temperature that you got so far ?

• 1 month later...
Also loving my SLI GTX780 setup. I have a 780 classi to go into the rig for tri-SLI but not sure it is even really needed for 1440p.

Are you talking about 3 way SLI gaming on 1440p? A single GTX 780 is enough to play most games at 1440p (referring to GTX 780 benchmarks here).

Are you talking about 3 way SLI gaming on 1440p? A single GTX 780 is enough to play most games at 1440p (referring to GTX 780 benchmarks here).

Yes 1440p but with a 120Hz monitor so would like to achieve 100+ fps almost all the time. That happens to a large extent with 2-way SLI but there are some games (Crysis 3) which on highest settings will not achieve 100+ fps consistently with 2 780s.