To Those Who Need Evidence... 1.5 vs 3.0 gb Nvidia 555mGT

• Founder
Here is a very interesting read that I posted before but I thought I would post here...

Taste it, let it melt in ya mouth and then let me know what your thoughts are...

GTX 460 2GB vs 1GB vs 768MB

ps.. I think Rev and I are going to bench together since he is getting the 3.0gb tomorrow.

Wow that website looks like it was made in the 1990s. I'll wait for you and rev to post results.

That is my 3DMark 11 score. I actually posted it here with info but it says its awaiting a moderators approval... lame. Anyway this is with the specs in my sig and everything bone stock, just updated the nvidia drivers. I am going to run it again tomorrow with a SSD in + more ram and a clean windows install and see if it improves at all.

My 3dmark vantage was P6351 and 3dmark 06 was 12527

(I just posted this same post with links to the images on image shack but it once again says I need a mod to approve the post before it will be shown...)

• Thumbs Up 1

Here is my stock 3dmark Vantage Score. Again bone stock. (Im not worried about 3dmark06). I need to take a break for a while to visit with family and maybe actually game for a moment before I have to wake up and do it all over again...

3dmarkvantagestock.jpg

3dmarkvantagestock2.jpg

3dmarkvantagestock3.jpg

3dmarkvantagestock4.jpg

Edited by Stevenxowens792

conclusion: 10/20 points not worth spending the $100 ;)

EDIT: $100 for the GPU upgrade n $150 for CPU upgrade just to get 10/20 points...i dont thing so dude!

Edited by Nando

Nando - I still dont know how I am higher in vantage stock by 11 points. Here is where we really need some creative thinking. I think a game like ARMA 2 and Arma 2 OA which hammers the cpu and gpu will actually give us the best figures to determine what type of performance increase you really get. the problem is .. ARMA is also a beast to get configured. Example... you install default, run mission 8 which is benchmark, you get 31 fps avg. Un-install, wipe registry. install default, run mission 8, get 34 fps. Makes no sense.

Metro 2033 is our best bet and Just Cause 2. If we really want it to be close we can both disable turbo so that only puts us at 200 mhz apart no matter what so the cpu really becomes a non-factor. Same cache level.

Take Care,

StevenX

• Founder
(I just posted this same post with links to the images on image shack but it once again says I need a mod to approve the post before it will be shown...)

Can you copy and paste the exact message here and PM it to me ?