100 Hz refresh rate in G75VW!

• Bios Modder

For nearly 100 views of this topic, but no reviews or reply. For example:

1. Wow, great! Significantly increased smoothness in games, increased brightness, etc.

or

2. I do not succeed, they can put a maximum of 85 Hz. I do not understand how to do the right thing. Help!

But there is nothing, silence ...

Only one man has written some garbage, like 100 years ago someone tried to change the speed of the engine the world's first tractor..., etc. :)

For nearly 100 views of this topic, but no reviews or reply. For example:

1. Wow, great! Significantly increased smoothness in games, increased brightness, etc.

or

2. I do not succeed, they can put a maximum of 85 Hz. I do not understand how to do the right thing. Help!

But there is nothing, silence ...

Only one man has written what is garbage, like 100 years ago someone tried to change the speed of the engine the world's first tractor..., etc. :)

The monitor was a screen from 2012 and I used the same program you did... I am sorry what I write is garbage because I had poor results. From now on I will lie so that you like what I write.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Founder

Here's the problem with overclocking most LCD panels: You might get 100 hz but it likely is dropping frames like crazy so you're not getting anything extra. This is the case with most panels unless they have circuitry that can handle that.

• Bios Modder

Wow! Attacked ... :)

I just do not know why i am wrote my interesting observation about 100 views. :)

And another interesting observation: all the posts from people without this laptop (G75VW/VZ)

Cool :)

• Bios Modder
im using the same laptop used on the page G75VW.

Ok. In our laptops (G75VW) ASUS uses these types of LCD panels:

1. 17.3 "HD + (1600 x 900) Antiglare ~ 60% Color Gamut (AUO B173RW01 V2)

2. 17.3 "Full HD (1920 x 1080) Antiglare ~ 60% Color Gamut (Chi Mei N173HGE-L11)

3. 17.3 "Full HD (1920 x 1080) Glossy ~ 60% Color Gamut (Chi Mei N173HGE-L21)

4. 17.3 "Full HD (1920 x 1080) Glossy 72% NTSC Color Gamut (LG D02C5) 120Hz

5. 17.3 "Full HD (1920 x 1080) Glossy 90% NTSC Color Gamut (AUO B173HW01 V.4)

6. 17.3 "Full HD (1920 x 1080) Antiglare 72% NTSC Color Gamut (AUO B173HW01 V.5)

7. 17.3 "Full HD (1920 x 1080) Glossy (Samsung LTN173HT02P01) 120Hz

It is clear that you have not №1, №4, №7. Most likely you have №2, but we should know for sure. Please look through program Aida64 (or similar) the exact name of LCD panel.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Bios Modder
I can get 100Hz with my G55 too, and 120Hz+ but with some aftifacts. Unfortunately, you can't really get more than 60fps on any modern games in 1080p :(

You have some aftifacts on 120Hz+ or with 100Hz?

You have some aftifacts on 120Hz+ or with 100Hz?

I have no articafts whatsoever at 100Hz up to about 110. At 120Hz it's clear since there are some pixels that change color and sime kind of backlight bleeding on the upper left part of the screen. It's very pleasing to use the notebook at 100Hz instead of 60 even in Windows, everything is smoother :)

That's pretty cool that you guys are pushing 100Hz on those screens, I managed 78Hz on mine, but backed it down to 75Hz because I didn't want to be right on the edge & maybe damage the monitor. Yep, I do have a different laptop to you guys, but wanted to post my results anyway. I sure would like 100Hz!

Are you concerned that it will damage your screens over time? Or do you know it won't do any harm, I'm just not sure about that, but decided to run mine overclocked 24/7 anyway! :-)

EDIT: Don't seem to be getting any skipped frames with the tests I've done.

That's pretty cool that you guys are pushing 100Hz on those screens, I managed 78Hz on mine, but backed it down to 75Hz because I didn't want to be right on the edge & maybe damage the monitor. Yep, I do have a different laptop to you guys, but wanted to post my results anyway. I sure would like 100Hz!

Are you concerned that it will damage your screens over time? Or do you know it won't do any harm, I'm just not sure about that, but decided to run mine overclocked 24/7 anyway! :-)

EDIT: Don't seem to be getting any skipped frames with the tests I've done.

It can't hurt. Increasing the refresh rate does stress CRTs more, but LCDs cannot be damaged by doing this. Most power draw is by the backlight and this does not affect that at all.

• Thumbs Up 1

would be better to set the refresh rate at 96hz. That would sync up nicely with 24fps films giving good motion without any judder.

96 or 72 right? Just multiples of 24 I guess? Setting it at some other 'random' value isn't any worse than the 60Hz most screens offer right?

- - - Updated - - -

It can't hurt. Increasing the refresh rate does stress CRTs more, but LCDs cannot be damaged by doing this. Most power draw is by the backlight and this does not affect that at all.

Well that's good to know, gives me some piece of mind, thanks. :-)