Metro Last Light Benchmark Thread

Brian

• Founder

Desktop, laptop whatever you got in whatever configuration, no holds barred! Mine were done with high quality selected in NVCP, I'd probably squeeze a bit more out of performance textures:

o2dvges.png

VsiZC8M.png

PXHXAUs.png

RAphCqu.png

• Thumbs Up 2

Your rig is a beast! Titan SLI! I get what you get with the same settings but lower resolution (1920 vs. 2560)

http://file:///C:/Users/Vulcan/Documents/4A%20Games/Metro%20LL/Benchmark/2013.05.20%2011-14-20/metro_report.html

Also, it doesn't indicate in the benchmark result but I had Tesselation set to "Very High".

M18x R2 - 3920@ 4.4 Ghz, 680 SLI +200/+400 @ 1.0V=47k GPU 3DMarkVantage (need to update my signature here)

Some observations of mine (same user name in the following thread):

Metro: Last Light Performance - Page 3

• Founder
Your rig is a beast! Titan SLI! I get what you get with the same settings but lower resolution (1920 vs. 2560)

http://file:///C:/Users/Vulcan/Documents/4A%20Games/Metro%20LL/Benchmark/2013.05.20%2011-14-20/metro_report.html

Also, it doesn't indicate in the benchmark result but I had Tesselation set to "Very High".

M18x R2 - 3920@ 4.4 Ghz, 680 SLI +200/+400 @ 1.0V=47k GPU 3DMarkVantage (need to update my signature here)

Some observations of mine (same user name in the following thread):

Metro: Last Light Performance - Page 3

I played the game with 2X SSAA without any hitching but then again the Titans are on a different performance level vs mobile GPU. SSAA IMO is a must for the game, makes a very noticeable difference in visual quality.

I played the game with 2X SSAA without any hitching but then again the Titans are on a different performance level vs mobile GPU. SSAA IMO is a must for the game, makes a very noticeable difference in visual quality.

I wanted to clarify where I am at performance wise:

Same benchmark settings as your last, SSAA off, Vsync on, 1920x1080, Quality: Very High, Advanced Physics On, Tesselation: High, AF 16x: 51 FPS average 150 max.

When I first played the game I had SSAA at 2x but there is significant stutter, and my rig is not anemic by any means (47k GPU 3DMarkVantage).

If youre enjoying SSAA 2x without stutter then yes Titan SLI is monstrous. Isn't one Titan basically a stronger GTX 690, which itself is basically 680 SLI? So basically youre 680x4?

Yeah I bet 2x SSAA looks amazing on a larger monitor! Unfortunately I am limited to the 18" that my M18x R2 is equipped with.

How well is forcing SSAA working? I played with it some in nvidia inspector, but it didn't force for all games. I wish nvidia officially supported it. It is the best AA afterall.

• Founder
How well is forcing SSAA working? I played with it some in nvidia inspector, but it didn't force for all games. I wish nvidia officially supported it. It is the best AA afterall.

SSAA is built into the game so there was no need to force it. In others it doesn't always work (e.g. BF3) which is a shame because it really does look fantastic and its a waste to have all this GPU power and not be able to use it whenever.