How Alienware systems get boxed... watch this!! :D

svl7

• Founder

Haha I guess if you're paid $1.00 a day then you tend not to give a fuck about the expensive products you're packing. So you buy a $4000 Alienware M18x and this guy packs it for you on a crappy assembly line--awesome! Dell used to be a much better company when they had assembly plants in the U.S.

Haha I guess if you're paid $1.00 a day

I'd be willing to spend that amount of money one someone who solves my captchas.

I can already see a new TI service, a captcha solver for TI elite members :bananalama:

WOW, thank god im absolutely ANTI DELL lol , , , I owned an XPS m1730, and it was just aweful.,. heavy , ugly, giant dumb lights telling everybody at the airport hey look this guy has a 5000 dollar laptop, , , GPU died 3 times and had to rma it then warranty ran out and had to oven bake it ,,, and of course.. dells customer support doesn't speak English and they pretty much are just there to be humans to talk to you while you chase them around a bush.. alienware ... being owned by dell is exactly the same lol they love their customers so much they just toss their 5000 dollar machines in boxes like its candy wrappers in the garbage.. to them its like CHA CHING ! CHA CHING! but you you its like.. kaboom! kaboom! lol

• Founder
To be honest? I think most of us put our notebooks through worse just carrying them around every day.

Yeah your'e probably right and it was just the one guy. But I have received brand new AW's with chipped paint and now I know why.

WOW, thank god im absolutely ANTI DELL lol , , , I owned an XPS m1730, and it was just aweful.,. heavy , ugly, giant dumb lights telling everybody at the airport hey look this guy has a 5000 dollar laptop, , , GPU died 3 times and had to rma it then warranty ran out and had to oven bake it ,,, and of course.. dells customer support doesn't speak English and they pretty much are just there to be humans to talk to you while you chase them around a bush.. alienware ... being owned by dell is exactly the same lol they love their customers so much they just toss their 5000 dollar machines in boxes like its candy wrappers in the garbage.. to them its like CHA CHING ! CHA CHING! but you you its like.. kaboom! kaboom! lol

I loved my 1730 it even got dropped on the floor once by my wife in the kitchen, chipped a tile but it still worked fine, I found it to be very robust.

To be honest? I think most of us put our notebooks through worse just carrying them around every day.

Right on the spot, we abuse our babies much more than this guy.

Moreover, *to me*, it looked like the guy was showing off his uber packing skills to the camera man/woman?

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Here's a video showing how our loved systems get boxed after leaving production line.

Warning: Not for the fainthearted Alienware fan...

hxxp://video.sina.com.cn/v/b/99873463-1705961623.html

... ka-chak

and next...

ka-chak.

Hehehe, nice, right?

i was expecting this, but seeing it ... ouch .... they trow them around like candy..... and next i am pretty sure the shipper guy do the same and worse ....just ouch ...

price i paid for that laptop, took me 2 years ... i am not going to trow it around. i bring it at work everyday and bring it back home every night and every time i slip the black alienware skin and then i slip it inside the alienware bag .. and move around carefully ...,

i think only rich people , spoiled kids or careless workers would trow it around.

With all the Styrofoam around it I wouldn't really be that concerned. I would really only worry about the HDD. I've gotten laptops with Dead HDDs in them and had to go out and buy a new one. Probably due to the same packing method that guy was using.

EEVEE! :)

Shippers are notorious for not handling with care. A couple of weeks ago I got a parcel, a box about twice the size of a typical notebook shipping carton, with one side crushed by about 1/4 of the box's full size. Fortunately the contents was a pillow -- really, a down pillow I'd ordered -- so no actual damage to the merchandise. Had it been a computer with foam packing around it then the box wouldn't have been crushed; the foam would have absorbed the impact energy. That's what it's for.

Shippers do far worse than what the guy in the video was doing.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
once packaged the items head out for shipping

OMG wow you got that right. Looks like that's why I had to send my laptop back to depot now. That guy must of packed my laptop when it was sent back to me lol. Crazy Iloveboobs nice post