Guide: DSDT Override, Simultaneous iGPU + dGPU + eGPU

Try to boot in Windows without eGPU connected and disable the dGPU. Then reboot and start your eGPU, make a compaction eventually on iGPU/eGPU/dGPU if this is the case then chainload again to Windows.

If eGPU an iGPU are ok, try to reenable your dGPU and see if that still works.

Try to boot in Windows without eGPU connected and disable the dGPU. Then reboot and start your eGPU, make a compaction eventually on iGPU/eGPU/dGPU if this is the case then chainload again to Windows.

If eGPU an iGPU are ok, try to reenable your dGPU and see if that still works.

Naw, that doesn't work either. I tried it in the past. That just leaves me with only the iGPU on boot. The dGPU is still active during boot (pre-Windows environment) so it still throws the compaction error, boot hangs, random other non-booting states.

tbh I think I'm going to give up on having iGPU + eGPU only. All the stuff I run is DX11 and has PhysX so I don't have to worry about DX9 performance at all other than benchmarks.

Did you changed the setup version? Maybe you could revert to an older one.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

I used to use Setup 1.1, I'm on 1.2 atm. I when I was on 1.1 it didn't work either. That's why I tried 1.2 (and what I'm on atm).

• 2 months later...

Hey ATN,

I'm trying to give this solution a shot with my T901. I tried every solution with Setup 1.x without the dsdt override but it seems that I'll have to resort to it with the 16gb ram in the system.

My specs:

Fujitsu T901

i5 2520M, 2.5GHz

intel HD3000

16GB RAM

250GB SSD

Windows 7 ultimate

I have what are probably noob questions but would really appreciate some help. I also don't know if the FirePro GPU I'm using will work at all but we'll see.

1) can't open the .bat file lol

Hey ATN,

I'm trying to give this solution a shot with my T901. I tried every solution with Setup 1.x without the dsdt override but it seems that I'll have to resort to it with the 16gb ram in the system.

My specs:

Fujitsu T901

i5 2520M, 2.5GHz

intel HD3000

16GB RAM

250GB SSD

Windows 7 ultimate

I have what are probably noob questions but would really appreciate some help. I also don't know if the FirePro GPU I'm using will work at all but we'll see.

1) can't open the .bat file lol

You will have to perform the DSDT override. See here:

http://forum.techinferno.com/diy-e-gpu-projects/3539-guide-dsdt-override-simultaneous-igpu-dgpu-egpu.html

edit: realized what thread I'm in lol. I linked you to the same one ;D

I've tried multiple GPUs, once you get it working once, it will work for any GPU (at least of the ones I tested).

Which .bat file are you trying open?

Don't open it with the .bat file. Try the DSDTParser.jar

Thanks for responding. I'm not giving up yet!

So on step 1 of your guide you say to 1. Run DSDT Editor.bat <--this just flickered and then closed.. that's what I mean by "I can't open the .bat"

Resorting to a cmd way I saw on a youtube

, I was able to make the dsdt.aml file with the qword addition you mentioned to add.

As of right now, I can't perform the "aml /loadtable dsdt.aml" . It says " 'aml' is not recognized as an internal or external commandam, operable program or batch file"

Do I have to set aml to something?

All help appreciated!!

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for responding. I'm not giving up yet!

So on step 1 of your guide you say to 1. Run DSDT Editor.bat <--this just flickered and then closed.. that's what I mean by "I can't open the .bat"

Resorting to a cmd way I saw on a youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRSGHGCEGRA, I was able to make the dsdt.aml file with the qword addition you mentioned to add.

As of right now, I can't perform the "aml /loadtable dsdt.aml" . It says " 'aml' is not recognized as an internal or external commandam, operable program or batch file"

Do I have to set aml to something?

All help appreciated!!

Thanks! Ok now I'm able to run the dsdt.aml but I'm getting a ton of errors! lol "Expecting symbol '(' "

Yeah, our DSDT tables are error ridden. Did you run the two optional steps? The DSDTParser program has a builtin error fixing feature that worked for me. I was running on a fresh install of Win 7 Enterprise x64. (not sure if you have every reinstalled your OS on the T901 or not).

Yes thanks! I added a table displaying the latest error. "parent object \_PR_.CPU0 does not exist"

Oh boy,,,, did you remove anything from your DSDT or just add the QWORD entry? Because the CPU0 entry is your CPU, you need that there lol!

Re-extract your normal .dsl (DSDT) and upload it somewhere (Google Drive, Mega, etc.), I'll give an attempt at modifying your DSDT file.

Here you go:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/19774443/ShareX/2014-01/sbdsdtoverride.7z

Upon extraction you will see:

SBdsdtoverride.aml and sbdsdtoverride.dsl

I compiled the .dsl to the .aml already so you can just jump straight to step 12:

asl /loadtable SBdsdtoverride.aml

Hope that works.

Totally waiting for your rescue brother lol

- - - Updated - - -

I don't know what you did but it worked! I see the "Large Memory" in the device manager. I'm pumped. Going to move on with your guide.

Woot!!

Since you don't have the dGPU version of the T901 it will be really easy. Just hookup the eGPU.

In Setup 1.x:

Set port to G2

Run the 36bit compaction in Setup 1.x (56GB or w/e it is) around your eGPU only, force nothing to 32bit

Chainload.

Install nvidia drivers

Reboot

Done

I have one question. Will the Setup 1.x say solution found when I run the PSI compaction now that the dsdt override is in place?

I'm not sure exactly what it says lol (never really paid attention), I know there are some blue lines of text rather than the 'no solution found' with red lines. I can take a video of how I setup Setup 1.x when I get home (few hours).

Although you might figure it out by then.

lol sigh.. I'm still stuck in code 12 land.. even with the large memory... for the record I don't have a dgpu lol I don't think! just the hd 3000 graphics. I'll keep hammering the setup 1.x . Ideas?

Yeah since you have the i5 version you probably just have the HD 3000. (my friend has this version)

Yeah it's just your settings in Setup 1.x now. If you can wait a couple hours I'll have a video of how you would go through Setup 1.x.

holy crap w00t the GPU IS RECOGNIZED! I didn't even have to uninstall the gpu. Now hopefully final noob question, do I need an external monitor to use the GPU? lol

wow as you can tell from my questions I really thought this was beyond me. Thanks my friend!

holy crap w00t the GPU IS RECOGNIZED! Firepro baby! and I didn't even have to uninstall the gpu. Now hopefully final noob question, do I need an external monitor to use the GPU? lol

wow as you can tell from my questions I really thought this was beyond me. Thanks my friend!

The uninstall the GPU step was for systems with a dGPU. You don't have to do this step.

While you can use the GPU on the internal display, you get lower performance. Recommend to use an external display. There is a significant performance gain.

Alright great! Any recommendations for testing performance?

Hookup an external display, disable internal (with the Windows screen layout settings).

Run 3DMark09 and 3DMark11. That's usually a pretty good start to make sure things are working correctly.