The M18x is released!

My bad... sorry bout that. What config did Brian get? I guess with the m18x you might as well go big or just get the 17. Xfire 6970 makes me want to excuse myself for a bathroom break... Just wow.

My wife would KILL me ... "What is this bill for 2900 What tha.. .smack smack smack, chokehold, stop stop stop, ok do that again, wait ouch ouch ouch"

• Founder
My bad... sorry bout that. What config did Brian get? I guess with the m18x you might as well go big or just get the 17. Xfire 6970 makes me want to excuse myself for a bathroom break... Just wow.

My wife would KILL me ... "What is this bill for 2900 What tha.. .smack smack smack, chokehold, stop stop stop, ok do that again, wait ouch ouch ouch"

LOL man! I know what you mean. I guess you saw his order by now (it's linked in my post)

yeah, while I am extremely happy with my decision to order the m17x-r3, I can't deny I feel the itch to order this beast but ad you I am also afraid of my wife! haha

Looks like pricing on upgrades has gotten a lot better from the initial config page we saw. $400 for XFire 6970's is actually a pretty dang good price IMO, looks like most of the pricing held solid but the most important ones are better. I haven't seen any numbers on battery life, does anyone know what the battery life is?

• Founder
Ouch! Well it's tempting but I think I'd build a desktop before I bought an 18x with that battery life. Nice rig but I'm enjoying my new R3 just fine ;):D

my sentiments exactly ;)

It's not as expensive as I thought last week. It's basically $500.00 more expensive than my R3 for the same config except with one 6970M more than mine and a 1.1 in bigger screen than my R3. The question is that worth $500.00 more... Not sure.

• Founder

Well to be more accurate:

1. Bigger screen

2. Dual GPU

3. Aluminum construction

4. Subwoofer

5. Alien TactX Macro keys

I'd say it's definitely worth the $500 considering what you're getting. There is also the possibility that the WLED employed in the M18x has a 95% gamut.

:Banane16::Banane16::Banane16:

Now I just need HIDevolution to get their page up!

Oh, and ~$4500 :64:

What config are you looking for? I'd be willing to order for peoples: The system can be cheaper if purchased from Canada, depending on the config.

2920XM xfire 6970M USD = $3300

2920XM xfire 6970M CAD = $3150

Edited by kune

Alienware M18x Laptop Details

Aussie site has the placeholder up, but cant buy it yet. I am gonna laugh when they announce the price.

Who here wants to bet they ignore the exchange rate?

Exchange rate: 1.10

GST: 10%

Total adjusted price the m18x SHOULD be: 100% of USD

Total adjusted price the ma18x WILL be: 180% of USD

-Ash

• Founder

Ya never know Jon, the Canadians got lucky this time around with prices lower than the US and that never happens. All they pay is $150 for crossfire 6970M, that's insane.

I know $150 is amazingly low for Crossfire 6970M. Canada may very well be lucky... I'm happy they got a good deal, atleast someone will.

• Founder
Just spoke to dell AU chat: "that product is not yet launched we have no idea on pricing we are fucking retarded etc"

zzzzz

-Ash

No big surprise there, those chat drones in Indian call centers don't know their head from their ass.

awesome setup congrats brian. now for another round of waiting for delivery.

Thanks man, I'm anxiously awaiting it! Nice user title + avatar.

• Founder

Well that just means the screen is larger as expected. The dimensions of the actual notebook are barely any bigger than R3. ;)