Lenovo Y500 buy new cpu in europe where?

jester_socom

I have difficulties playing PS2 games in PCSX2 I own. My PS2 broke down one year ago.

I had a 2500K which could play ok when overclocked at 4.4GHz. Now I wanted to replace my 3210m i5 cpu by a i7 model. I believe the 3610 or 3630QM models will do.

However I see some priced around 300€ and I start wondering if that's really worth it. By the time I have another 1100$ I will be looking at the Haswell models in autumn.

It seems stupid to buy a new CPU for just virtualization with VMWare, PCSX2 and ArmA 3

Are you using Throttlestop? This system by default does not use TurboBoost when both the CPU and GPU are loaded, leaving you at 2.4ghz max. Use Throttlestop to have the system run at 3.2ghz regardless of the system being loaded.