Best 15 inch LED screen for 15 inch laptops

omega939

the top clevo P150EM screen is very highly rated. I came from a 72% gamut screen for this, and 95% is a very noticeable and welcomed improvement. The screen is matte. It has some motion blur despite being rated at 15ms, but there are screens that are much worse in that regard. Mine does have substantial backlight bleed though, but it seems I am one of the few. The viewing angles are good for TN. It is a 6-bit screen so you can notice the dithering/banding sometimes, but I'm not aware of any 8-bit TN screen for laptops. The IPS screens I believe have poor response times so you will get bad motion blur, and the color quality will only match that of the P150 screen, so all you will gain is viewing angles. Also they will want a 50 pin connector while you likely only have a 40 pin.

Unfortunately I cannot remember the model name off the top of my head.

Also they will want a 50 pin connector while you likely only have a 40 pin.

so MSI GT60 models only have 40 pins... thats a no go to get a good led screen for my nb then..but compared to my stock led. What is the max resolution? Can you notice the difference? thanks

Sorry for somewhat reviving this thread, but keep in mind that wide gamut, while gorgeous, is a result of over-saturated and ultimately inaccurate colors. The wide gamut is suitable for color-managed applications with a proper ICM profile which should be generated as a result of calibration. The color managed apps will read the ICM (color) profile and perform the proper changes to show an accurate image.

nVidia cards will throw out any calibration data when a 3D application (DirectX, OpenGL) is loaded, and only the nVidia control panel color controls have any effect, while on AMD GPUs you can preserve color calibration in games using PowerStrip with the VGA color look up tables that can be captured and saved in a PowerStrip profile. I've done this and it works, but with wide gamut display you will have balanced, but still over-saturated color.

So while the stats might sound good, the resulting image is not necessarily accurate. Also it's a 6-bit display, so it's trying to display a larger color range with the same number of bits, which can cause banding and weird effects.

It's a 1080p 15.6" display so it won't be any different in terms of resolution than a regular MSI display.

Hope that helps.