OFFICIAL: Alienware M18x Order Status Thread

• Founder
you will probably get the monday Brian, the date will update sometime this weekend on fedex since it is already in cali.

Unfortunately it won't stay in Cali long. It's going to go to TN and then back to CA. Don't ask me why, that's just the stupid way fedex does things with dell packages.

Unfortunately it won't stay in Cali long. It's going to go to TN and then back to CA. Don't ask me why, that's just the stupid way fedex does things with dell packages.

Let us know if it does that. I know Dell used to ship all there laptops from TN for the US (after getting them from where they were built), but my m11x seemed to direct ship from where it landed in GA.

Not looking to good for me for next week. Still in build so unless it ships soon and i get it much faster then the 7 days my EDD of 5/31 may be accurate.

• Founder
Let us know if it does that. I know Dell used to ship all there laptops from TN for the US (after getting them from where they were built), but my m11x seemed to direct ship from where it landed in GA.

Not looking to good for me for next week. Still in build so unless it ships soon and i get it much faster then the 7 days my EDD of 5/31 may be accurate.

You're right, I just checked my M17x-R3 order from March and it also arrived in the City of Industry, CA and then ended up staying in California until it was delivered to me. Last time when I had a replacement M17x-R2 sent to me, it went from California to TN and back. Hopefully the M18x stays in California but I don't think that will change the shipping date but the less it's moved around the better.

post-5-14494987918325_thumb.jpg

• Founder

Lol I got tired of calling the Dell order status line. But now I obsessively refresh fedex's page and knowing the system is in the same state as me is torture.

Lol I got tired of calling the Dell order status line. But now I obsessively refresh fedex's page and knowing the system is in the same state as me is torture.

I am gonna relieve your torture and go ahead and swap out Aydin's laptop for yours. Then you can begin benching his V-tech and swap out the paste for Mx-4. I will take care of your m18x and will even do you a favor by posting up a review on TI only. :Banane11:

05213066000-1.jpg

IMG_0705.jpg

IMG_0703.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2

• Founder
I'm excited for you Brian. Do you still have your R2 btw?

Nope R2's are all gone. :( That's a generous offer Faiz but that vtech is too much power for me. I mean just look at it's thickness, I can tell there's some beastly components in there.

hi guys im in australia and just ordered Alienware m18x on 13 may, the status said work in progress and no edd yet, just wanna know how long they will take to assemble. my specs are

Quantity

1 U510432AU-Avenger (M18X) 1

2 Stealth Black Anodized Aluminum 1

3 Intel® Core™ i7 2820QM 2.3GHz (3.4GHz Turbo Mode, 8MB Cache) 1

4 18.4" (46.74cm) Full HD (1920 x 1080) WLED LCD panel 1

5 Back cover 1

6 5 User-programmable keys 1

7 Intel® Core i7 Label 1

8 Integrated 10/100/1000Mbps Gigabit Ethernet NIC 1

16 3.0 Megapixel HD Video and Picture Camera with dual digital microphones 1

17 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM (4x4GB) 1

18 500GB 7200RPM Solid State Hybrid 1

19 RAID 0 (Striped Disk Array) 1

20 500GB 7200RPM 2nd Solid State Hybrid 1

21 Slot Load Fixed Blu-ray BD-ROM / DVD + /-RW Combo Drive 1

26 Power Cord (ANZ) 1

27 330W Primary AC Adapter 1

28 12-cell Primary Battery 1

29 Shipment box 1

30 Dual 2GB GDDR5 AMD Radeon™ HD 6970M - AMD CrossFireX™ 1

31 Internal High-Definition 5.1 Performance Audio with SoundBlaster X-Fi Audio software 1

32 Internal High-Definition 5.1 Performance Audio with SoundBlaster X-Fi Audio

Edited by hslovebird

hi guys im in australia and just ordered Alienware m18x on 13 may, the status said work in progress and no edd yet, just wanna know how long they will take to assemble. my specs are

Quantity

1 U510432AU-Avenger (M18X) 1

2 Stealth Black Anodized Aluminum 1

3 Intel® Core™ i7 2820QM 2.3GHz (3.4GHz Turbo Mode, 8MB Cache) 1

4 18.4" (46.74cm) Full HD (1920 x 1080) WLED LCD panel 1

5 Back cover 1

6 5 User-programmable keys 1

7 Intel® Core i7 Label 1

8 Integrated 10/100/1000Mbps Gigabit Ethernet NIC 1

16 3.0 Megapixel HD Video and Picture Camera with dual digital microphones 1

17 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM (4x4GB) 1

18 500GB 7200RPM Solid State Hybrid 1

19 RAID 0 (Striped Disk Array) 1

20 500GB 7200RPM 2nd Solid State Hybrid 1

21 Slot Load Fixed Blu-ray BD-ROM / DVD + /-RW Combo Drive 1

26 Power Cord (ANZ) 1

27 330W Primary AC Adapter 1

28 12-cell Primary Battery 1

29 Shipment box 1

30 Dual 2GB GDDR5 AMD Radeon™ HD 6970M - AMD CrossFireX™ 1

31 Internal High-Definition 5.1 Performance Audio with SoundBlaster X-Fi Audio software 1

32 Internal High-Definition 5.1 Performance Audio with SoundBlaster X-Fi Audio

Welcome to TI hslovebird please keeps us posted about your system when you can. Littleone562 how you got your order so fast to be already in shipping? mine still stuck in production and I ordered 1st day available.

Hey littleone, did you order from the Aussie site or through a mailing service/hidevolution etc? I'm ordering mine soon, can't wait! Where in Aus are you?

Nice spec BTW, first I'm aware of with the 2820. Just so you know, those seagate hybrid drives have apparently had problems in RAID 0. I'm not 100% clear if it's model specific or not, but a couple of guys on the x7200 owners lounge at NBR ended up switching them to caviar blacks because they couldn't get a stable OS.

Happy Day! Finalizing Production on one page and shipped on another. Fed Ex already has the order number in there system. Not sure how accurate the info is there though as it says "shipment information sent" but shows tomorrow as the delivery date. We will see I guess :)

• Thumbs Up 1

• Founder
Happy Day! Finalizing Production on one page and shipped on another. Fed Ex already has the order number in there system. Not sure how accurate the info is there though as it says "shipment information sent" but shows tomorrow as the delivery date. We will see I guess :)

Congrats John! Looking forward to your impressions and pics.

• Guest unpinned this topic