OFFICIAL: Alienware M18x Order Status Thread

Just ordered my friend an m17xr4 with the specs maxed out (aside from storage and RAM, which were ordered seperate), and got $500 the final price with some smooth talking :D.

Nice thats an amazing deal no doubt. You'll have to tell us how you like it once you receive it.

Paranoid Galaxy S3 on Tapatalk 2

• 7 months later...

Just ordered an M18x R2 after cance;ling my M17x-R4. I felt 680m in SLI was worth more to me than a single 680m. Future proofing and all that.

spec in sig, although the hard drives I will be adding the day it turns up, also corsair vengeance ram.

• Founder
Just ordered an M18x R2 after cance;ling my M17x-R4. I felt 680m in SLI was worth more to me than a single 680m. Future proofing and all that.

spec in sig, although the hard drives I will be adding the day it turns up, also corsair vengeance ram.

Not going to wait on 780m?

Sent from my GT-N7000

2x680m's is good enough for the next 3 yrs I can always overclock if I need more power to rival a 780m. After all its still kepler.

I did get a good deal on it though.

I was getting one 680m in the m17x, now I am getting two 680m's and in an 18x

Besides whenever I order something it will be out of date in 10mins anyway.

• 2 months later...

An interesting thing happened to me. Just got my Alienware M18x. Ordered a GTX 675. It came with a GTX 680. I'm guessing they didn't have any more 675's so I'm not complaining.

Bad news: I ordered 1866 memory. Big mistake. The Alienware BIOS only allows memory to run at 1333. It won't let you "overclock" to 1800 even if that's the speed at which the memory is rated. Trying to work around that.

• 6 months later...
An interesting thing happened to me. Just got my Alienware M18x. Ordered a GTX 675. It came with a GTX 680. I'm guessing they didn't have any more 675's so I'm not complaining.

Bad news: I ordered 1866 memory. Big mistake. The Alienware BIOS only allows memory to run at 1333. It won't let you "overclock" to 1800 even if that's the speed at which the memory is rated. Trying to work around that.

Emm strange though my alineware m18xr2 by default booted just fine and is running the ram at corsair vengeance at 1866mhz

Sent from my V5 using Tapatalk

• Guest unpinned this topic