Y500 Ultrabay Fan connection

angerthosenear

I don't own the Y500, but I am interested in the ultrabay fan module it has. I've read around and found that it is pretty much useless since it moves air from the bottom of the laptop and straight out the side, doing nothing to cool the components.

However, depending on the connector, I would like to put it (modified) in my laptop. So if someone could share some pics of the Ultrabay fan that would be great.

Or if someone has one lying around, I would gladly take it off your hands. :smug:

I talked unsuccessfully with lenovo tech support today. I asked what type of connector the fan module has: "the ultrabay" I asked how it is powered "by the motherboard"

I did find the user manual for it though, it appears to just be a SATA connector. Can someone verify it is only SATA? If so, it might be possible to have both the fan module and a HDD side by side.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...