Alienware m11x R3 unable to play online games.

Hello, first of all, Sorry if this is the wrong forum or subforum, but i didn't find anything related to tech support.

My problem is as title suggests: I can't play some online games, I've only tried two so far, which are World of Tanks, and Tera, when i first installed both, they were working correctly, in windowed mode, and as soon as i switched to fullscreen mode they stopped working, screen turns black with some flickering red horizontal lines showing only at the left and right screen edges, sound can be heard, machine still responds to alt + tab, and anything, i know because i can hear when the mouse passes through buttons and such, I seriously doubt this is a direct GPU chip problem or overheating, because I've been playing Tomb raider, Bioshock infinite, and other retail games with no problem, also i'm sure they aren't running on my integrated intel card, i configured everything in nvidia control panel.

Specs: Alienware m11x r3, Core i5, 6gb ram, Windows 7. running nvidia 314.22 drivers.

Thanks in advance.

• 2 weeks later...

with whatever game you are running try right clicking on the thing (link/steam?) and going > run with graphics processor > high performance. See if that makes a difference. Do yo u have the latest drivers? What games are they?

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 8 months later...