USB 3.0 port weird behavior.

meanyme

I have a Y500 with 2,02 bios ( i was having the problem before )

Here is my problem, one of my USB 3.0 port doesn't work properly in windows 7 x64. i don't know if its a driver problem or a setting in the bios i could change, i don't care about usb 3.0 support i don't have any devices that use it, i'd just like to have all my ports, the only thing i can do with that port is charge my smartphone.

Every time i plug something in that port i get the USB Device not recognized etc..

If i could get any directions to resolve this problem i'd be really thankful.

AvVTdGE.png

Are you getting the error message in your VM when you plug your device?

If it is, I had that exact same problem. It's because VMWare supports only one type of USB 3.0 controller (NEC chipset based) in Windows 7. Any other type and it won't work.

http://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?language=en_US&cmd=displayKC&externalId=1025956

The only solution is to use Windows 8. Microsoft's driver will make VMware happy.