Looking for update bios W240HU/W250HUQ CLEVO CO. version : D02A

chrisbleu

Hello,

I've got a probleme of fan control and i need to update my bios but i can find the files to do it.

I'm looking for the files i need to update the bio of my mother board : W240HU/W250HUQ CLEVO CO. version : D02A.

Do anyone know where i can find it?

Thank you.

Chris

• Thumbs Up 2

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
Hey, would you be able to tell me how to update my bios using the 2 files? thanx

Follow the readme files. First flash EC and only after that the BIOS.

• 2 months later...

Is there somewhere I can look for the release notes for Clevo BIOS files - I'm just wondering what has been updated between each version.

I assume there is no Microcode update to allow Ivy Bridge CPU's on the HM65 Chipset, but I'm curious to see what other improvements have been made

Thanks!

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

i've get same problem, there no option to setting up dedicated vram for my hd2000 graphics on my bios

i have got problem to setting my vram on bios, because there no option to setting that. i have try intel XTU (xtreme tuning utility) but there no option too. i think my bios motherboard lock this for clocking hardware. there any clevo tools that can run on windows or any bios mods do u have? thanks for attentions. (sorry for my bad english)

my clevo w240HU doesnt support GPU z? there's some help for me?

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi

I also have an older laptop with the W240HU/W250HUQ motherboard BIOS 1.01.06 and KBC/EC 1.00.02: D02A

The fan problem has been an irritation, but more of a practical problem is that I now could not use Android Studio with emulator since I could not activate virtualization in BIOS. So good reason to see if a

BIOS update could fix things.

These are no longer found on clevo.com.tw which had ftp sites earlier. I downloaded from here in stead. https://repo.palkeo.com/clevo-mirror/W2xxHUx/

FIRST PATCH (2 steps)

Get patch: https://repo.palkeo.com/clevo-mirror/W2xxHUx/W2xHU11904.zip

(Sets EC to 1.00.04 and BIOS to 1.00.09). Do THE EC FIRST!!! Follow the readme file. 

SECOND PATCH (BIOS to 1.00.15)

Then next patch was: https://repo.palkeo.com/clevo-mirror/W2xxHUx/BIOS_115.zip

Getting these to run on Linux.... ahhh

Since I am now running Ubuntu on this laptop I needed to use the DOS version of the Ami Firmware Update AFUDOS.

There is supposed to be a version for Linux, AFULNX, but this is not easily available.

I installed UNetBootin as tool to create the floppy image using the Free DOS distribution.

I used a USB stick and used two partitions W95 FAT32 for the second where I stored the extracted utility archives. 

I guess you can do the EC install from the first patch and skip the BIOS patch (step 2) if you are doing the last patch afterwards.

Did not think it trough so I did both updates in step one. - The computer will turn off when finished each step.

Now I can run android studio with emulator. 

• 3 years later...
  • Bios Modder
6 minutes ago, Ranu said:

I want this, but can't download of the file.

Hi!

Just read "User Account Promotion Rules":  https://www.techinferno.com/index.php?/announcement/4-user-account-promotion-rules-read-before-posting/

Edited by Klem