alienware or origin?

• 1 month later...

I have no experience with Origin but Alienware's are beautifully built and the customer service is top notch, one of my usb's stopped working so I phoned Dell and they had a technician in my house the next day replacing my motherboard. If your concerned about the price, i'd recommend a Lenovo Y410P with an i7-4700MQ and Nvidia 750m graphics with the option of sli. They cost about $800 on the american website but can be sent worldwide using a service such as bundlebox. I'v had one for 4 months now and am still in love with it.

Alienware's build quality is tough to beat IMO. The soft touch materials covering mine feel much nicer than generic plastic.

The LED lighting effects are also bar none. I play a lot of World of Tanks and as my health in game decreases the lighting changes colors to reflect that. It isn't necessary, but is a nice touch that I appreciate having.

Reason I started the thread. Is because I have a alienwaee r3 with a 6970m and a 2820. I really like the alienware design. I picked up a origin pro model for a great price. And it has a 680m and a 3830. Do you think its worth it and possible to swap the GPU and could from the two so u can keep the alienware and sell the origin. And will I lose any features.

This was the last post from the op in May of this year. I think the thread has served its purpose.