Is the 650M a better video card with its features disabled?

Hey,

Come in the way back machine with me for a second, I had a 6800 ( I know we're going way back) It had some of its Pipe lines disable because not all of them could perform like they should. But you could enable them to get more performance out of the card for no more money. So I was thinking I can really push the 650M super far, on stock voltages like 250+ mhz on core and 500+ mhz on the memory end. So I was thinking given this performance that it was possible (as it happens all the time in the computer world) that this was a much powerful card running on much lower settings explaining the price difference between the 650m and 660M's and their bigger brothers 670 and 680. Is there away to unlock some of these hidden features? If so how? I suspect that it is hidden somewhere in the V-bios.

Comments toughts?

Chad

Overclocking and overvolting are about all you can do. The 650M can already surpass the 660M if you raise the clocks enough. They use the same GK107 core. Anything higher in the mobile Kepler range uses different cores so what you're asking is completely out of the question.