Nvidia GTX Titan - modified VBIOS for more control and better overclocking

svl7

Dude I live in Arizona (desert) and I have raised voltages. I think you'll be fine, try 1.175v and 1080 mhz.

What software did you use to adjust the voltages? I tried using Afterburner but it doesn't seem to work...

I am SOO HAPPY that just because of this bios, I will pay for the $100 Lifetime once I get paid - TOTALLY WORTH IT - ALSO, I shall donate AT LEAST $50 to svl7 as well - now some of you may ask "WAS THIS REALLY WORTH YOU SPENDING AN ADDITIONAL $150-200?" - and the answer is an emphatic YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I could not get past 1150 with the stock bios and it throttled away from that, but not my much, but still far too frequently for a card that costs a grand-US! NOW?!?!?! I am running at 1228 (+300MHz over EVGA SC Boost of 928!!!) Of course, I still have to COMPLETEY test this, but Firewalker likes it, so I am pretty confident it will work, and I may try as high as 1250+, heat and stability permitting! If you ever go gay svl7 - free blow jobs for life as well! I nearly went Red, but now I am staying green because users like you allow us to make these cards the dreams that they truly are - UNSHACKLED!!! PS - I love the little bios screen as startup that beans and quickly tells you that the gpu bios is modified - it is like a badge of honor. BTW - My ASIC is only 65.5% - so my results are nice, if that ASIC really means anything... ONCE AGAIN - ALL HAIL SVL7!!!

UPDATE: Had to back to down to 1.202GHz (1202MHz) @ 1.212 Volts - And I am still VERY happy! HEEEEEE-HAAAAAA!!!! Lifetime Upgrade and $50 for svl7 are coming by the end of the week! NOW - On to overclocking v-memory!!! :Banane11:

Also - I am now +274Mhz faster than the SC's Boost, +326 to SC's-Standard/Regulars-Boost AND +365 From Regulars-Standard!!! God I love this - THANK YOU AGAIN svl7!!! And thank you also Brain as your posts are of great help too! AND - Your both VERY welcome for the thankful of a useful post! :triumphant:

• Thumbs Up 2

Here is an odd thing - ANY time my GPU temperature reaches 80c - the display driver auto-stops responding and then instantly recovers and goes about its happy business (the bench will continue after a short pause or short/temp black screen right as the temp goes below 80)... Is there is something hidden in the bios or the hardware of the card OR the driver that makes the card do stuff at 80? Basically, even if a test seems not all that stressful, 80 will cause this affect, however, most stressful tests that do not seem to reach 80 (it was cooler in the room when I tested them) do not do this. Perhaps, otherwise, my particular card does this? I assume using NVidia Inspector and raising the temp/volt settings up and telling it to prefer temperature doe nothing, correct? I assume with this BIOS that the only three settings that matter are the gpu voltage and the gpu and vram speed...

• Founder
Here is an odd thing - ANY time my GPU temperature reaches 80c - the display driver auto-stops responding and then instantly recovers and goes about its happy business (the bench will continue after a short pause or short/temp black screen right as the temp goes below 80)... Is there is something hidden in the bios or the hardware of the card OR the driver that makes the card do stuff at 80? Basically, even if a test seems not all that stressful, 80 will cause this affect, however, most stressful tests that do not seem to reach 80 (it was cooler in the room when I tested them) do not do this. Perhaps, otherwise, my particular card does this? I assume using NVidia Inspector and raising the temp/volt settings up and telling it to prefer temperature doe nothing, correct? I assume with this BIOS that the only three settings that matter are the gpu voltage and the gpu and vram speed...

Raise your voltage, its crashing out because its not stable. Also put your temperature limit to around 85-86C.

Check out all this memory bandwidth, OC 100% stable and I think I can push the memory up to 1800 MHz:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]7578[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]7579[/ATTACH]

Gonna need more memory bandwidth than that to carry your team

• Founder
Gonna need more memory bandwidth than that to carry your team

I'm going to do some memory scaling testing on this Titan when I get some free time to see how much is optimal. This guy on AT did it for the 670, check it out:Video Card Core Overclocking Scaling Analysis (AMD and Nvidia) - AnandTech Forums

post-5-14494995337979_thumb.jpg

post-5-14494995338214_thumb.jpg

post-5-1449499533837_thumb.jpg

post-5-14494995371293_thumb.jpg

post-5-14494995371439_thumb.jpg

post-5-1449499537158_thumb.jpg

About 7100 MHz is where the 670 starts topping off so I'm guessing the threshold could be higher for the Titan, maybe 1800 MHz?

I'm going to do some memory scaling testing on this Titan when I get some free time to see how much is optimal. This guy on AT did it for the 670, check it out:Video Card Core Overclocking Scaling Analysis (AMD and Nvidia) - AnandTech Forums

[ATTACH=CONFIG]7582[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]7583[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]7584[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]7585[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]7586[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]7587[/ATTACH]

About 7100 MHz is where the 670 starts topping off so I'm guessing the threshold could be higher for the Titan, maybe 1800 MHz?

That's only a bit over a 4% gain in fire strike for a 20% clock increase. What's funny is I see bigger gains with memory clocks in the combined test compared to the graphics test (680m = 670). Other tests/games really like more memory bandwidth too.

Only way to find out is to run a bunch of stuff and see. I definitely do expect to see titan to be more memory clock dependent since the core is exactly 2x as strong as the 670 core, with only exactly 50% wider memory connection.

I assume with this BIOS that the only three settings that matter are the gpu voltage and the gpu and vram speed...

Yes, the power target should already be sufficient, I never touch temp and power target with a tool when using this vbios.

As Brian said, you might need more voltage, or maybe a part of your GPU die isn't properly covered with thermal paste... I don't know, it's unlikely if the stock paste is on it though.

Yes, the power target should already be sufficient, I never touch temp and power target with a tool when using this vbios.

As Brian said, you might need more voltage, or maybe a part of your GPU die isn't properly covered with thermal paste... I don't know, it's unlikely if the stock paste is on it though.

Well, it turned out that yes, oh whoa is me, I needed to back down a little further to 1189 to be stable (w/ 1.2120v) - the 80C thing was just an very odd coincidence - but given how close I am to being stable at 1.202Ghz-1238Ghz, it would be nice to pump more juice into the GPU - but we are the top of the volts we can use, correct (1.2120v in nVinspector)? Wouldn't mind having access to 1.25 - which I think other mod'd Bios at least claim to do, but I aint using no other bios!!! Is it possible to mod the current bios or something in the driver settings with nVinspector to get a little more juice? My baby here is a crack-whore, and she wants more crack!!! AND CRACK SHE SHALL HAVE!!! MWHAhahahahahahahaahahahahah-HA! :pirate:

EDIT - I am back to being stable at 1202, and possibly higher - and it was a rather funny thing that was holding me back.... 1T vs 2T for the ram! My ram is advertised as being 9-9-9-24-1T, but the profile says it should be 9-9-9-24-2T. Well, I went into bios and set the command rate for auto, and it defaults to 2T and now magically I am back above 1200Mhz! While I am somewhat doubtful that I can really get to 1228 again, or even 1215, I like that I now have a new lease on trying! And in any case, 1202 is NOTHING to sneeze at! NOT EVEN CLOSE!

BTW - Your fan profile is perfect - my temps reach 80C and refuse to go higher!!! Of course the AC finally go on will probably make that even easier! :-)

Is there anyway to get clocks in something other than increments of 13? What I mean is, basically, regardless of what I actually set, have 1150, 1163, 1176, 1189, 1202, etc... So in other words, if I put down 1210 - the card will run at 1202, until I put the value at 1215, then it will stay at 1215 for 1215 and values up to or close to 1228... I understand now that we cannot get voltage past 1.2120 (as reported by GPUZ and nVinspector), but how about getting clocks with more granularity? Like +5 increments? Regardless, I am still very happy to be at 1189 as is over +300Mhz on the default, vanilla Titan clock... (and with low ASIC)

EDIT - As with last post, just above, I am back to 1202, so perhaps this question is less important, but it might be nice to know anyway, perhaps for others!

Yeah, I haven't measured it directly on the card, but I'm pretty sure there's no vbios which gives you more than the one posted here when set to 1.212v. It's not a big thing to make the card display a higher voltage, but this doesn't mean it actually is higher.

I'm getting sick of repeatedly asking for the hex bytes to modify the minimum 3d voltage myself or asking for a version to be made with 1.1v instead of 1.05v. It takes all of 30 seconds to change hex values, and all of this seems to be too much bother seeing as I have PM'd 3 or 4 times to the creator asking for this info. So now I'm asking in public forum.

Can you please give me the hex byte location to modify minimum 3d voltage, or make me one with 1.1v minimum? The first option would be preferred, as it would require the least effort from you, and I could do as I see fit to keep my 1006mhz base clock with the minimum voltage possible.

Thank you in advance,

• Founder
I'm getting sick of repeatedly asking for the hex bytes to modify the minimum 3d voltage myself or asking for a version to be made with 1.1v instead of 1.05v. It takes all of 30 seconds to change hex values, and all of this seems to be too much bother seeing as I have PM'd 3 or 4 times to the creator asking for this info. So now I'm asking in public forum.

Can you please give me the hex byte location to modify minimum 3d voltage, or make me one with 1.1v minimum? The first option would be preferred, as it would require the least effort from you, and I could do as I see fit to keep my 1006mhz base clock with the minimum voltage possible.

Thank you in advance,

@svl7 is not always available even if you PM him. If he got your PM I'm sure he'll respond.

New to bios flashing but considering flashing my Titan Hydro Coppers in SLI. I see that svl7's work has been done on Titan SC bios. My question (and I'm sure I'll have a few others) is.... is there any problem replacing a Hydro Copper bios with a SC bios knowing that the Titan hardware is the same?

Just a few questions before I flash my Titan please:

1 - Other than GPU Boost being removed and AUTO fan speed not working specified, does this BIOS affect the card in any way?

2 - I have an EVGA vanilla Titan, should I flash the card using the first BIOS, or the "OC" edition? What are the differences exactly?

Thank you for taking the time to create these BIOS's, and thank you for answering my silly questions in advance.

All current Titans work with all currently available vbios versions.

Also auto fan speed works perfectly fine with the vbios posted here.

I just flashed both my Titan HC's with the OC bios last night and while both seem to be working fine, I'm encountering some problems in nvidia inspector. For my first titan, all of the options for increasing voltage, base clock..etc look the same as they do in the demo video and other pictures posted by users on this thread. When I select my second Titan to apply the same settings, my voltage slider has changed to an "over volt slider" ranging from 0 to 32.5 mV (for a max of 1.20 V). Also, I can only move my base clock slider for the second card 10-20 MHz, before the "estimated max" shoots above 1200 MHz. This is in contrast to my first card where I add +200 MHz on the slider and can reach a voltage of 1.212 V.

Has anyone encountered a similar problem when dealing with Titan's in SLI? Also NV Inspector shows the same bios ID for both cards, but the first card has "Modified" beside the ID. I've gone back and re-flashed the second card, but there were no changes. Any ideas?