Nvidia GTX Titan - modified VBIOS for more control and better overclocking

svl7

The evga bios is from an evga titan.

Indeed. Default BIOS svl7 used for modification looks like the following.

ASUS (1043) BIOS version = 80.10.2C.00.06 (Date compiled = 2013-02-04)

EVGA (3842) BIOS version = 80.10.2C.00.90 (Date compiled = 2013-02-23)

If anything, EVGA BIOS version seems to be newer.

If I understand correctly... ASUS BIOS is newer in code, EVGA BIOS has the same code as nVidia BIOS but higher default frequency.

No.

From what I've seen, default NVIDIA (10DE) neutral vendor BIOS is version = 80.10.2C.00.02 (Date compiled = 2013-01-23). This is older than both ASUS and EVGA BIOS. However, I very much doubt the difference brings anything to us end users.

Latest Metro Last Light Benchmark...

Res--1920x1080, Quality--Very High, SSAA--on

With OCN's bios --- 72.71 --- metroll01.jpg

With svl7 bios --- 85.03 --- metroll02.jpg --- increased by 16.9%

This benchmark was killing Titan SLI but svl7's BIOS saved my day.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Founder

Thanks for the feedback @vhco We'd also like more feedback from the rest of you: any issues you find, how it compares to other vbios you've tried etc. If you like this vbios, feel free to donate to svl7 or subscribe to TI Elite. Also, spread the word about T|I, we welcome all newcomers here.

Latest Metro Last Light Benchmark...

Res--1920x1080, Quality--Very High, SSAA--on

With OCN's bios --- 72.71 --- metroll01.jpg

With svl7 bios --- 85.03 --- metroll02.jpg --- increased by 16.9%

This benchmark was killing Titan SLI but svl7's BIOS saved my day.

I find it interesting that your minimum framerate did not improve with the BIOS change, but max framerate did. You really are noticing a smoothness improvement though?

• Founder
I find it interesting that your minimum framerate did not improve with the BIOS change, but max framerate did. You really are noticing a smoothness improvement though?

There's a definite smoothness improvement with stable clocks. I can tell in bf3 right away.

Sent from my GT-N7000

• Founder
New to the forum, and new owner of the EVGA TITAN not the OC version, what is the best bios for my card?

Either one will work fine.

@svl7 the only vBIOS with UEFI enabled is the one on the Titan EVGA the one I have my question is if modding the vBIOS doesn't disable UEFI compatibility? because on my asus z77 board with W8 UEFI when I disable CSM for fast boot I can't make it to windows but I think the video card is working on UEFI mode because when booting is on full resolution

I may need to reinstall W8 with CSM disabled

OK, I did Metro Last Light Benchmark again with latest nVidia driver 320.14...

Res--1920x1080, Quality--Very High

With OCN's bios --- 110.64 --- metroll32014ocn01.jpg

With svl7 bios --- 119.98 --- metroll32014ti01.jpg

--- increased by 8.5%

• Thumbs Up 1

Hi svl7, do you think there is a difference between your vanilla custom vbios and the "SC" version?

Cos I'm only able to reach a maximum of 988MHz on my core clock and 1552MHz for my mem clock on stock voltages which people are telling me that these values are too low.

• Founder
Hi svl7, do you think there is a difference between your vanilla custom vbios and the "SC" version?

Cos I'm only able to reach a maximum of 988MHz on my core clock and 1552MHz for my mem clock on stock voltages which people are telling me that these values are too low.

Then raise the voltage using nvidia inspector and you'll be able to clock much higher.

Then raise the voltage using nvidia inspector and you'll be able to clock much higher.

I don't comfortable raising the voltages as I'm on air and I'm living in a pretty hot area. Are my settings an average overclock?