ideapad Y500 fan control.

juukes

I have a Y510P that has the annoying habit of slightly oscillating the fan speed when it's in a low-power-using state. It goes slightly louder for one second, then slightly quieter for one second, then slightly louder for one second, and so on. Other solutions haven't worked; Speedfan has no access to the fans and Lenovo's own fan speed control driver is useless. I was hoping I'd be able to control this in the extended BIOS; does anyone know if this is the case? Ideally I'd just tell the fan to never go below the second-to-lowest speed so that it doesn't oscillate any more but I'd like to know if this is possible before doing something that would potentially brick my machine. :)

(My apologies for posting this in two threads, I wasn't sure if the other post had gone through or not.)

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...