[BENCHMARKS] The OFFICIAL Thread

Brian

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Really nice increase in Physics and overall score. Looks at though maybe the CPU is sapping away power needed from the GPUs and the better CPU lowered the Graphics score.

Also interesting to look at this Result versus this Result.

Hi Mr fox

i just upgraded my P570 with a brand new 3960x but i'm encounteting issues to apply o/c with V3 bios prema. For instance, it i setup a frequency in the bios, it won't be applied uneder windows.

And as a result, if i run Wprime, 3DMark or other benchs CPU 'till runs @stock frequency.

here's a screen to illustrate :

Nvidia’s New DX11 Wonder Driver will be ”337.xx” and Arrive Sometime in April | WCCFtech

I wonder why they have been holding out on us for so long? Oh, wait... NVIDIA always does that, LOL! "Only give 'em just enough to be better than AMD" seems to be their modus operandi.

I suspect the people who have been so hyped up about Mantel's potential to be an "NVIDIA slayer" are going to be pissed if this turns out to be half as nice as the hoopla suggests that it will.

The real question is, "Will it bench better?" Hopefully, it will do something more useful and won't be limited to only making games play better.

• 2 weeks later...

[MENTION=119]Mr. Fox[/MENTION]

How unstable is it? Can you run anything at all on it? The fact that you could even set it though shows you have a high end haswell.

Also what's the deal with the memory at only 1600 11-11-11? There are 1.35V 2133 sticks.

It's only stable to about 4.7-4.8GHz, which is still extremely rare for a Haswell CPU.

I'm not going to buy better memory for the 18 because it has too many other limitations to justify the expense. It's a super nice gaming machine, but I don't think it will ever qualify as a "beast" because too many things were done to cripple it (BIOS lock-down, emasculated fan tables to reduce noise and power handling limitations). If I was not such a benching fan I'm sure I would love it. It's built like a brick house and super easy to work on, but the crippling issues are a big deal if you like benching more than gaming.

I tried to reprogram the stock memory sticks using Thaiphoon Burner. Unfortunately, they are locked down and cannot be changed. After trying and repeatedly failing, I read the 'Read Me' and see that this is expected... and, the XMP profiles I created do not work for some reason... bummer.

Before purchasing a license for Thaiphoon Burner, it is strongly

recommended to be aware of the following:

1. The first time you run Thaiphoon Burner on Windows 7/8 with enabled UAC,

please let the driver to be installed by selecting the “Run as administrator”

command of a context menu of Thaiphoon.exe file.

2. WARNING! Samsung, Hynix, Elixir/Nanya and Micron Technology are used to

write-protect the first 128-bytes of the SPD EEPROM chip for all DRAM modules.

This limitation does not enable to change JEDEC timings, frequencies and other

technical parameters of the module. However, you can write one or two XMP

profiles.

3. WARNING! It is not possible to read and write SPD with Thaiphoon Burner

when running from within a virtual machine.

4. In order to generate your license MyCommerce/Share-It! Service requires

from you to provide the Registration Number of your Thaiphoon Burner DEMO

copy. Otherwise, you will not obtain your licensing information and a

download link to the full version of the program.

On a more positive note, it looks like Haswell likes these old CPU-bound benchmarks. Will have to try 3DMark06 and 3DMark05 as well... no GPU overclocking needed, so the power handling problem the 18 has doesn't come into play.

TKey7gZ.jpg

Thanks to Scracy on the AW18 NBR for turning me on to PrimoCache:69:

I know it's boring but here's a stock Vantage run. Love to get my hands on a modded Vbios to see what this thing can really do:)

http://www.3dmark.com/3dmv/5017390

Really hope an unlocked bios appears... Else I'll go for a new Clevo P370SM3-A with Dual 880Ms with @Prema magic hehe

Currently i own a p370sm

Edit: sorry for OT

Enviado do meu SM-N9005 através de Tapatalk