[BENCHMARKS] The OFFICIAL Thread

Brian

Yup. @Khenglish but that will have to wait. I've only got 780M SLI in here right now. First priority is snagging a pair of 980M that overclock well enough to keep 'em.

Time to crank up the AC and see how it goes. Looks very promising. It will do 47x6 with less voltage than the 4930K needed for 45x6, so that's awesome.

16K-Physics.thumb.JPG.43e58a95546bc4b4eb

Old beasts like this still beat the ever loving stuffing out of all the new worthless BGA garbage, LOL

The OEMs peddling that pathetic trash should all be ashamed of themselves.

• Founder

Blame Apple + Intel for BGA taking off. Plus the prevalence of thinner electronics in general is driving everyone towards the "thin is trendy" bullshit. It's fine if you want a thin phone but in enthusiast notebooks it doesn't make much sense. For guys like me that have a desktop, carrying a bulky notebook is also counterproductive so in my case an eGPU solution is probably something I'd go for in the future. I could simply toss in one of my desktop cards in the eGPU box and take a thin and light notebook for work w/me and have it double as a potent gaming rig that would hold its own against most dedicated gaming ones. That's one positive aspect that came out of this advancement in technology, TB3 is going to be a game changer. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Totally agree. When you have a high end desktop, a gaming laptop is more of a addon at that point. And when im travelling i don't really have time to be gaming like that. So almost any laptop will do as long as it's quick. i use a macbook pro dual boot with i7 and a ssd/ dell business class laptop with 940xm and dual ssd's. My clevo stays home for the most part and doubles as a main machine when im benching desktop parts. And vice versa.

So the bga thing really doesn't bother me either. I guess if that's all i could afford or had space for, then you either make do or do without. Glad im not at that point where that is even an option right now. :)

Edited by johnksss
  • Thumbs Up 1

That is exactly why I do not sit around and complain about parts and what they can or can't do. Or What is holding me back this and that. I take the hand im dealt and work with it. Some days you get better parts than others while other days you do not. You just keep pushing forward. 

• Thumbs Up 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A small collection of Benchmarks done by BGA Crushing Killer aka Clevo P87DM-G with OC'd [email protected] and Gtx980@1512/8004 (desktop version) Powered by @Prema.

http://www.3dmark.com/fs/7934031(1512

RECORD.png

http://hwbot.org/submission/3154039_papusan_cinebench___r11.5_core_i7_6700k_11.7_points

CINEBENCH 11.5 11.70 pts.png

http://hwbot.org/submission/3165475_papusan_wprime___32m_core_i7_6700k_4sec_248ms?recalculate=true

wPRIME 32M 4.248.png

http://hwbot.org/submission/3150374_papusan_wprime___1024m_core_i7_6700k_2min_12sec_617ms?recalculate=true

wprime-1024m-132-617-png.132674

CINEBENCH R15 1059CB PERSONAL RECORD

A Crippled slim light thin BGA machine with single *** graphics and a so called unlocked i7-6820BGA  turd will never match this bench results:hyper: 

Edited by Papusan
  • Thumbs Up 3