[BENCHMARKS] The OFFICIAL Thread

Brian

I thought my Clevo brothers might appreciate this, so I will post it here...

I decided to bench something different, so today I benchmarked screen recording performance. I was surprised that Afterburner has stepped up their game on game capture... pun intended.

So, buh-bye GeForce Experience... I don't need you any more ShadowPlay... Video editing will take longer due to the need for transcoding, but the hit on performance is reduced dramatically, so it will make it worth the extra time on the back end.

m6gta1T.jpg

YQQzg2h.jpg

I thought my Clevo brothers might appreciate this, so I will post it here...

I decided to bench something different, so today I benchmarked screen recording performance. I was surprised that Afterburner has stepped up their game on game capture... pun intended.

So, buh-bye GeForce Experience... I don't need you any more ShadowPlay... Video editing will take longer due to the need for transcoding, but the hit on performance is reduced dramatically, so it will make it worth the extra time on the back end.

m6gta1T.jpg

YQQzg2h.jpg

Is that avatar a recent photo of you or when you were a young zombie:48_002:

That was when I was a younger zombie. ;)

Actually, the avatar is B. J. Blazkowicz, the Nazi-killing American soldier from the Wolfenstein franchise.

- - - Updated - - -

Wow! I guess afterburner just found its way back on my machines!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

It's amazing how much smaller the pre-encoded ShadowPlay MP4 file is, and the image quality is very good. But, the hit on FPS is too great to justify the smaller file size and faster video editing time the MP4 provides. At least, that's what I think for now. If it takes an inordinate amount of time to transcode those big files I might not be as excited about it.

You only got 5800? I have the Sager NP170EM and with my GTX 680M overclocked I got 5000. Is your score a good score for your setup? I would think the 880 would be better even at stock clocks.
5800 at what?

So I just ran a fire strike test. Apparently I am first for my configuration, even though I have seen others with much better scores. NVIDIA GeForce GTX 880M video card benchmark result - Intel Core i7-4700MQ,Notebook P15SM-A/SM1-A

This is what I mean to reply to with the only 5800 comment. Isn't that a low score for 3Dmark for an 880M? I get right at 5000 with my GTX 680M.

• 2 weeks later...
So... let's see what Clevo/Sager laptops can do biggrin.png

How to submit your scores

1. Make a post in this thread that will contain a screenshot, provide a link of your results if it is a 3DMark Vantage/11/06 run and post anything else you feel like mentioning for that particular run, i.e ambient temperatures, cooling method, etc...

2. Go to Forms and locate your laptop and then click on the benchmark you want to submit your results

3. Complete the form. The last question of the form will ask you to submit the link of either your post or the link of the screenshot you took (i.e [ URL]www.example.com/1.jpg )

Note: You must type those tags (don't copy-paste them from this post, must be in capital letters, no spaces,) like the example above in order for the link to be clickable.

In case you want to edit or delete your submission or need assistance on how to submit your score check the guide here

************************************************** **************************************************

Clevo/Sager League

3DMark Vantage

3DMark 11

3DMark 06

The links are all redirecting to a smile table...

• 1 month later...
3d mark 2011

cpu 4.3ghz i7 4930k stock voltage

single 780m(xmg) 1050/3000 +75mv nvinspector

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M video card benchmark result - Intel Core i7-4930K,Notebook P570WM (9682)

awesome scores especially rocking that Physics score nice going :D

my 880m same clocks dont come near that

awesome scores especially rocking that Physics score nice going :D

my 880m same clocks dont come near that

cough* card swap :P

nah tbh i think the desktop cpus probably helping it stretch its legs a little more and the quad channel ram at 2133.

• Thumbs Up 1

cough* card swap :P

nah tbh i think the desktop cpus probably helping it stretch its legs a little more and the quad channel ram at 2133.

LoL :P:D

wow thats awesome quad channel ;)

i cant keep the heat down to use over 1150 core mine seems to work above 1.1v but i cant handle those temps and that voltage lol

here is my gaming clocks.

i saw average 780m needed 1.025v to reach stock boost clock 993/1ghz range core of the 880m. so i used that voltage as a starting point.

1048 core 1438 vram 1.025v

post-34-14494998597056_thumb.jpg

Thats what it boils down too heat its why i chose the p570wm gooc gpu capacity 6 core 12 threads is overkill to me but i love my ugly betty aka huge case.

Multiple runs increased cpu clock to 6x4600 mhz still only maxes cores 4300 for benchmark and score varies by only 30 points... wonder which xtu setting i need to tweak to hold higher turbo on all cores?

• Thumbs Up 1

@mw86

I am going back to m17x R4 and m18x R2.

A few days ago, my friend and me exchanged his m18x R2 and my 17R5.

BTW dell korea does not import AW18. It's hard to get a AW18 here.. that's why I am going back to IVY sisters. AW17 has too much limitation.

I am lucky to own a nice damn 3940xm cpu.

godfafa`s wPrime - 32m score: 4sec 867ms with a Core i7 3940XM

• Thumbs Up 1

@mw86

I am going back to m17x R4 and m18x R2.

A few days ago, my friend and me exchanged his m18x R2 and my 17R5.

BTW dell korea does not import AW18. It's hard to get a AW18 here.. that's why I am going back to IVY sisters. AW17 has too much limitation.

I am lucky to own a nice damn 3940xm cpu.

godfafa`s wPrime - 32m score: 4sec 867ms with a Core i7 3940XM

Excellent score Ill have to continue tinkering. I got a 4.84 once but failed to get a screenshot so lets say it never happened because no pic. Lets see if this Haswell can atleast match that ;)

very cool Godfafa. Mr Fox is right on my tail just above mine.

I got my Uncore to 4.8ghz, does Ivy have uncore cache too?

@mw86

No uncore(cache) voltage and pll/vtt and core voltages are only adjustable in haswell.

For ivy, there isn't much to tinker. Core voltage, current and power TDP are the only things that can be changed.

I mean in mobile world. (for desktop, yes we can adjust all even for ivy and sandy)

• Thumbs Up 1

Finally found the time to check out my own card for the first time.

I can not be called a "bencher" at all, but initial results are looking good to me on this GTX860M (in Clevo W230SS):

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 860M video card benchmark result - Intel Core i7-4702MQ,Notebook W230SS

This little Maxwell Monster clocks north of 1400Mhz...while remaining below 70c...this is still just with the same mod vBIOS I made for everyone...let's see... :)