[BENCHMARKS] The OFFICIAL Thread

Brian

StamatisX and Prema thank you a lot for your feedback, I appreciate that knowledge is shared otherwise we all get stuck in the Stone Age. :). By flashing with the Prema's mod bios that will give me more room for playing with the sliders in nvidia inspector but how safe is it to raise the voltage and by what amount in order not to fry the gpu?

Thank you all and keep up with the good work.

Prema that is an impressive benchmark for the tiny beast ! This is actually the result of a GTX 770m :)

What is your OC Voltage, CPU & GPU temps? Do you provide extra cooling by some means or everything is stock?

Do you keep those settings in your everyday use or is it only for benchmark purpose? I mean is it safe to keep those settings forever or you use them only for gaming?

I am sorry for the questions, I am new in overclocking and trying to catch up. :43_002:

StamatisX and Prema thank you a lot for your feedback, I appreciate that knowledge is shared otherwise we all get stuck in the Stone Age. :). By flashing with the Prema's mod bios that will give me more room for playing with the sliders in nvidia inspector but how safe is it to raise the voltage and by what amount in order not to fry the gpu?

Thank you all and keep up with the good work.

Prema that is an impressive benchmark for the tiny beast ! This is actually the result of a GTX 770m :)

What is your OC Voltage, CPU & GPU temps? Do you provide extra cooling by some means or everything is stock?

Do you keep those settings in your everyday use or is it only for benchmark purpose? I mean is it safe to keep those settings forever or you use them only for gaming?

I am sorry for the questions, I am new in overclocking and trying to catch up. :43_002:

It was just a small bench, I didn't really test anything in particular, but when I pushed the clocks further my PSU just shutdown as the system easily broke the 120W mark even with the small CPU... stock cooling, GPU temps where like 70-80c, don't remember extra voltage but pushed the slider quite a bit

Just watch your temps and keep them under 90c, the stock PSU will dictate the limit...

These are my scores with my SAGER NP9380-S (Clevo P370SM3) with svl7's 780m vbios, nothing overclocked outside of that. On top of these scores I was also listening to music with fubar2000 while the tests were running.

3DMARK 11

3dmark11.jpg

3DMARK 06

3dmark06.jpg

3DMARK VANTAGE

3dmark.jpg

FURMARK V1.10.0

Fur_Mark_1_10_0.jpg

TESSMARK 0.3.0

Tess_Mark_0_3_0.jpg

you can view this info on my homepage @ alice

17.3" FHD 16:9 120Hz 72% Matte Display

Intel® Core™ i7-4900MQ (2.8GHz - 3.8GHz)

DUAL nVIDIA® GeForce GTX 780M (8GB)

32 GB 1600MHz RAM

1x 64GB Crucial mSATA SSD

2x 750GB 7200RPM HDD

6x Blu-Ray Reader / 8x DVDRW Drive

EDIT: once i get my second PSU for this notebook with the Clevo AC-100 dual adapter ill run the tests again, the 3dmark11 and 3dmark06 kept crashing because it didnt have enough wattage coming from the single PSU. I had to underclock svl7's vbios to get it to run properly.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...
hey guys,

i think i have the fastest p170m out there

i was reaching 8006 points in 3dmark 11 with 3610qm and 7970m

AMD Radeon HD 7970M video card benchmark result - Intel Core i7-3610QM Processor,CLEVO P170EM

Damn... what voltages on the GPU? I'll need to bench outside to beat that GPU score (back with that in a few days :)).

1.1v gpu

i found out that this "plate" covering the powersupplie and ram must at all time be cold, so i start 3d mark out of the cold.

this makes my clocks table and is really a big issue.

if the plate is heated up i get unstable clocks even when clocked much lower than in the benchmark

witth a cold plat i was able to play 1 round caspian with 1111/1600

so what i will do,

a) get the new cooling sink design

B) put passive cooling sinks on the plate in order to get it to be cooler for longer and cool down faster

c) put together the 2 sinks by hand fix, maybe a copper plate added to both sinks could help, so the heat would dispatch

i will try 1.1X some day, 4 now i am really stoked with the outcomings

my problem is still in bf3 (nosharcanals tdm) i get around 60% utilization i dont know why exactly, i found out my 3610 goes to 2.3ghz often while gaming which is the max non turbo boost clock. this doesnt make sense at all but im pretty sure 2.3 gehz is not eough power 4 the gpu, altough im running on best performance setting and get 3-3.1ghz idle it starts clocking down when i start the game, this makes me crazy

im looking now for a 3920xm, a little quick question there to you , is it possible to tweak the maximum non turbo boost clock of this cpu?

1.1v gpu

i found out that this "plate" covering the powersupplie and ram must at all time be cold, so i start 3d mark out of the cold.

this makes my clocks table and is really a big issue.

if the plate is heated up i get unstable clocks even when clocked much lower than in the benchmark

witth a cold plat i was able to play 1 round caspian with 1111/1600

so what i will do,

a) get the new cooling sink design

B) put passive cooling sinks on the plate in order to get it to be cooler for longer and cool down faster

c) put together the 2 sinks by hand fix, maybe a copper plate added to both sinks could help, so the heat would dispatch

i will try 1.1X some day, 4 now i am really stoked with the outcomings

my problem is still in bf3 (nosharcanals tdm) i get around 60% utilization i dont know why exactly, i found out my 3610 goes to 2.3ghz often while gaming which is the max non turbo boost clock. this doesnt make sense at all but im pretty sure 2.3 gehz is not eough power 4 the gpu, altough im running on best performance setting and get 3-3.1ghz idle it starts clocking down when i start the game, this makes me crazy

im looking now for a 3920xm, a little quick question there to you , is it possible to tweak the maximum non turbo boost clock of this cpu?

I had that turbo turning off issue as well. It seems to be related to VRs overheating. While the FETs cooled directly by the CPU heatsink do not have temp sensors on them, the nearby MOSFET gate drivers on the underside of the motherboard do, and I think they were throwing overheat flags. I threw a bunch of vasaline between the 6 FETs the CPU heatsink cools (and removed the crappy thermal pad) to transfer heat better and it let me sustain around 10 more Watts before turbo toggle happened. The CPU runs at about 90C at 85W (4.32ghz) in P95.

the thing is , i get prime95 3.1ghz 4 ever, but as soon as i start gaming the cpu throttels down, as i have a tdp of only 30w that can hardly be any power supply,

but if you had a picture of what you mean it would be easyer 4 me 2 understand

i got a 3920xm ordered in US anyways, so i will se if that cpu falls to 2,9ghz when gaming it should still be a way better performance then 2,3

the thing is , i get prime95 3.1ghz 4 ever, but as soon as i start gaming the cpu throttels down, as i have a tdp of only 30w that can hardly be any power supply,

but if you had a picture of what you mean it would be easyer 4 me 2 understand

i got a 3920xm ordered in US anyways, so i will se if that cpu falls to 2,9ghz when gaming it should still be a way better performance then 2,3

Oh that's a BIOS bug. When you run the CPU and GPU at the same time, turbo turns off. Prema's BIOS fixes it. Also the 3920xm only throttles to 3.1ghz instead of 2.9ghz despite 2.9 supposedly being the max non-turbo speed.

Hopefully your 3920xm is better than mine. It's a nice boost from the 2920xm and uses less power, but it could've been around 100mhz better at the same voltage.

i am on prema bios but i still have this issue

do you know the hight of the thermal pad of the gpu ram and the cpu vrm?

Have you used throttlestop? Prema's BIOS only fixed that bug for me on my 3920xm, but not my 2920xm. TS would prevent throttling on the 2920xm.

No I do not know the heights.

Dear Prema is it possible to flash my GTX 765m bios in order to unlock the sliders in Nividia inspector? However I would like to stick to the clevo stock bios and firmware for the moment. I would appreciate your help and understanding.

The W23 Mod gives you the freedom to make your own changes, it won't force them on you. ;)

Its your choice, but I am telling you, you are missing out on many extra features incl. additional undervolting options unlocked for Intel XTU. :P

Just load the Mod files and boot from USB, but instead of typing "update" type "nvflash -A -4 -5 -6 W23OC.rom" ;)

Thank you very much my friend, one question though. If something goes wrong will I be able to revert back all my lappy won't be able to boot. :48_002:. Sorry for asking, just want to be sure. Thanks again. I appreciate.

Stock BIOS/EC & vBIOS are in the stock package. The W230ST also has BIOS recovery enabled.