[BENCHMARKS] The OFFICIAL Thread

Brian

15 minutes ago, Khenglish said:

@johnksss

Amazing memory clocks. What voltage? Just the 1.48V?

Thanks.

Yeah, but not sure if the pencil helped any because at first I couldn't figure out why it wasn't working, but I think that has since wore off. So it would be based off your hard mod. And if that is 1.48V, then that's what is running....I think. lol

Edited by johnksss

4 hours ago, Khenglish said:

Do you actually get a performance benefit for vBIOS over 1.2V? I always got best performance on a 1.2V vBIOS. The extra clocks from over 1.2V did not compensate for the bizarre throttling that occurs and increases as you pass 1.1V. The 980m also compensates for vDroop very poorly, adding too much voltage at lower voltage vBIOS, and too little for higher voltage vBIOS (with the 1.225V or 1.25V vBIOS being the most correct). This is why the 1.2V vBIOS draws more power than the 1.25V vBIOS you were using, despite the higher nominal voltage and clocks when running 1.25V.

The M5500 vBIOS base that Prema gave me seems to have the incorrect vDroop issue fixed, but I think I am still getting the ~2% throttle than is seen on the 1.2V vBIOS.

And I realized that I mixed up which card is which. So the card I am using now did 1475MHz memory prior to any mods , and the one you are using now did 1450MHz memory? Sorry for all the questions, I'm just trying to figure out why I currently struggle to get just 7GHz.

Yes, absolutely... much better. In fact, my core overclock is limited by the 1.2500V firmware I have now. I will see if I can get @Prema to goose it to 1.300V for core voltage once I have a matching GPU for SLI. I can just barely do 1510 on core with 1.2500V right now. About half the time that TDRs due to lack of voltage and anything above 1510 gets flashing and severe artifacts from lack of core voltage. But, 1500 is rock solid stable with 1.2500V. Part of the problem is high ASIC score. It seems the higher the ASIC score is the more core voltage is required for the same overclock. Adding the three missing MOSFETs also seems to increase the amount of voltage needed for the core overclock.

I don't have any throttling at all with high voltage, but I am using AC cooling like @johnksss so that may have something to do with that. Even with those extreme overclocks the GPU generally stays below 50°C, and most of the time under 35°C under full load.

2 hours ago, johnksss said:

Thanks.

Yeah, but not sure if the pencil helped any because at first I couldn't figure out why it wasn't working, but I think that has since wore off. So it would be based off your hard mod. And if that is 1.48V, then that's what is running....I think. lol

You might want to check the voltage. You can easily be running 1.7V+ and burn out the memory.

3 hours ago, johnksss said:

Pretty warm, but was able to game at 1536/3600 or 7.2 ghz. Single card

Fallout4op_2016_07_31_21_14_01_583.jpg

Fallout4op_2016_07_31_21_20_59_276.jpg

Fallout4op_2016_07_31_21_27_24_294.jpg

What game is that? I don't recognize the environment. Fallout 4?

16 hours ago, Khenglish said:

You might want to check the voltage. You can easily be running 1.7V+ and burn out the memory.

1.43V is the calculation I get.

Edited by johnksss

8 hours ago, Khenglish said:

You said you pencil modded too. Pencils mods actually bake in over time and lower resistance even more than what you initially read after the mod.

For a day. It didn't work as intended so I just wiped it off. Checked resistance and it's exactly where it started. 11.9 while installed.

Edited by johnksss

Dear @johnksss

Within the next few days I'll get a Clevo P570WM with i7 4930K, 16GB, GTX 880m SLI, 256GB SSD + 1TB SSD Raid,  2X330W PSU, how much do you think I can get from it after flashing @Prema bios and flashing the vBios as well?.

Maybe @Mr. Fox can help as well, he is one of our heros :super:

Edited by Dr. AMK

BTW, the RAM speed is it important? I saw many videos and benchmarking between the 1333, 1866, 2400 and not that much different. Do you think I need to change my 1600 one?

Here is the highest recorded 880M SLI score for 3DMark 11 on a laptop with a quad core... It is not many points behind the highest score recorded by a P570WM with 4930K CPU.

http://www.3dmark.com/3dm11/11477144

[IMG]

Here's a new 880M SLI world record for Fire Strike. Once 3DMark adds the hardware ID (requested) the score will be validated with the GPUs recognized.

http://www.3dmark.com/fs/9676618

[IMG]

Thanks @Mr. Fox 

The different between the 880'sM and the 980'sM almost 10,000 wow, really a big different. Hope that the P570WM can support the GTX 1080 so I can upgrade in the near future.

Edited by Dr. AMK

3 hours ago, johnksss said:

Thanks goes to @Khenglish!

vzQOJ5q.jpg

What are you getting for max stable memory clocks? For the MSI with the 7ghz chips I could bench at 7.5ghz or 7.6ghz, but for fully stable I needed to drop all the way down to the low 6.9ghz range. When playing with other cards they did not have such a big difference netween benchable and fully stable.

Also is that 5ghz on the cpu?

A little update, the 980(m?) now has 5 of the 980's memory chips installed. Memory clocks are improving.

Edited by Khenglish
  • Thumbs Up 1

I posted gaming benchmarks a few post earlier. I was playing at Fallout 4 @1.536ghz / 1.8ghz overclock on 6ghz rated memory.

It seems to be somewhat less under windows 7 though. 1.5ghz / 1.753ghz.

I wish, but nope. It's about 4.5 ghz on cpu.

Did you try the 368.89 drivers yet? I would start there....

• Thumbs Up 1

OK, just took first place on Fire Strike, 3DMark 11 and Vantage for 880M SLI... These comparisons are against current first place scores. Once 3DMark adds my hardware ID these will show in search results and displace the guys currently in the #1 spot to the #2 and #3 spots based on what I have uploaded today.

http://www.3dmark.com/compare/fs/2402025/fs/9686855

http://www.3dmark.com/compare/3dm11/8510683/3dm11/11477498

http://www.3dmark.com/compare/3dmv/5067708/3dmv/5494902

pkUVOgE.jpg

DFSVR84.jpg

12zBxd8.jpg