Y400 Battery Plugged In and Not Charging

hu19920930

Hello

December last year to buy the Y400 Win8 64-bit, with the official battery calibration procedures does not recognize AC, must pull out the battery, AC power- Replace the battery to charge, unplugging the AC plug up again does not recognize. AC and batteries are replaced or can not be resolved, several friends have encountered similar problems found in the forum, there is a way around this?

Have you tried the generic fix?

Disconnect AC

Shutdown

Remove battery

Connect AC

Startup

Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall

Shutdown

Disconnect AC

Insert battery

Connect AC

Startup

Check If u selected "optimized for battery health" option in lenovo battery management app. If its enabled then it wont exceed u 60%(by showing you plugged and not charging) and it wont let u charge even u unplug and plug again...

You need to change to "maximum battery life " option for full charge upto 100%

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

I think that all lion batteries have a life of 500 cycles so 500 drains and charges on average. These are all statistically driven using Mean Time between failures (MTBF), some battires last longer some shorter. If you can't get anything else to work it might be just a dead battery

This.

I had the exact same issue and I was like why wouldn't it go above 60%. It said "Plugged In, Not Charging" and my battery charge percentage was fixed at 60%. So I looked around, and found that If you have selected "Optimized for Battery Health" in the Energy Management application, it would not charge beyond 60%.

Hope that resolves your issue. :)

Check If u selected "optimized for battery health" option in lenovo battery management app. If its enabled then it wont exceed u 60%(by showing you plugged and not charging) and it wont let u charge even u unplug and plug again...

You need to change to "maximum battery life " option for full charge upto 100%

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

This right here. When I did it for "health", it stopped charging altogether. I had to change it to the battery life setting and it charged back up.

• 2 weeks later...