MSI Laptop Fan Control

Brian

• Founder

Fan Control:

1. GT70 Fan Control V1.6.3 setup.zip

SHA256: c2fcf7a35ffa7e313787b62cf6768626900821f315575b1b0e1d79f551c6843d
File name: GT70 Fan Control V1.6.3 setup.zip
Detection ratio: 0 / 54
Analysis date: 2015-10-26 11:47:11 UTC ( 1 month, 3 weeks ago )

2. MSI fan control

These are legacy utilities created by third parties and are not tested or warranted by Tech|Inferno. Use at your own risk. 

• Thumbs Up 12

• 4 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On March 29, 2016 at 3:45 AM, thevirusplw said:

it will help with 100% fans , dead gpu problem ?

I would love to know this as well. It would be a big help for many who have dead gpus who are waiting to have funds for a new videocard.

• Bios Modder
16 hours ago, Bizeek said:

I would love to know this as well. It would be a big help for many who have dead gpus who are waiting to have funds for a new videocard.

No, if your discrete GPU dead, then you need unlock your bios, and then disable discrete GPU in bios.

On 4/4/2016 at 9:21 AM, Klem said:

No, if your discrete GPU dead, then you need unlock your bios, and then disable discrete GPU in bios.

in my situation right now, the discrete gpu also killed my onboard intell gpu also. the gt70-0nc laptop will not post, upon pressing the power button, the button will remain white led color, instead of changing to orange, the fan will immediately start spinning at normal noise, instead of a delay before turning to max speed.  it does take a good more than 30 seconds to start gradually spin up.   i was wondering to make a separate thread about this if my situation cannot be helped by using blind flash and flashing in the unlocked bios.  i would like to blind flash the stock bios in first before trying the unlocked bios.  the motherboard seems fine with charging, led lighting the keyboard up, the trim panel buttons light up when pressing it(fade into orange or fading out of it).

UPDATE/EDIT: I've given upon the dead motherboard MS-17621 ver. 1.0 that died because of the GTX 680M fry-out.  I have since ordered myself 2 replacement motherboards of the same (ordered a 2nd one for extra/backup) and will sell the old motherboard off for parts either on here in the forum or on eBay.  The motherboard still charges & white LED's of the keyboard also come up when pressing the function key beside the power button.  New replacement motherboard works good and I will proceed to flash the unlock BIOS to it.  The replacement board cost me $223.00 shipped from China.

Edited by Bizeek
Update on my own status, fan control must work!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Still works great! Thanks for the hint. Some things I miss about SpeedFan though. Is there any reason to use this software over some generic one? My sense is that this responds faster to sensors and acts more dynamically while in-game, but that's all anecdotal based on my rough exterior observation of the fan/heat output.

• 4 months later...

glad to hear (that's what I have)

On ‎4‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 0:12 PM, Exper1mental said:

Just wanted to say that both of these also work with the fan in an iBuyPower CZ-17 (which is a rebranded MS-1762, one of the barebone versions of the GT70)

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...