Brian

Something is growing..oh wow, E-PEEN IS HUGE!! EVGA Titan SC Signature x 2.

they are looking good... hopefully they will stay there longer than their their predecessors... LOL

• Thumbs Up 2

they are looking good... hopefully they will stay there longer than their their predecessors... LOL

Heh so far its looking promising.

New 3dmark 11, stock voltage, +110/+200 (1162 Mhz/1150 Mhz respectively): NVIDIA GeForce GTX Titan video card benchmark result - Intel Core i7-3770K Processor,ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. MAXIMUS V FORMULA score: P21296 3DMarks I've got texture filtering in NVCP set to high quality (default is quality), BF3 ultra settings + FXAA mod and it gets fps from 100-200 :D Man I'm loving these beasts. Performance wise they are as fast or faster than 3 x 680 SLI overclocked.

Comparison:

1. Tri-SLI 680 OC: http://www.3dmark.com/3dm11/6335491

2. SLI Titan OC: http://www.3dmark.com/3dm11/6424575

Titan SLI is much smoother in games than Tri-SLI, far less stutter...in fact I don't notice microstutter at all with Titan SLI. Other sites that tested SLI Titan showed that it actually can have less latency than a single card. Nvidia did an awesome job with these.

Very nice indeed. You just beat my old overvolted OC,d 680 lightning SLI score (20.6k) and with a lesser CPU too. Those Titans are beasts! ;)

What PCI-E are you running with these cards? I assume both cards are at least x8?

Very nice indeed. You just beat my old overvolted OC,d 680 lightning SLI score (20.6k) and with a lesser CPU too. Those Titans are beasts! ;)

Yeah if you compare the gpu score the 680s don't come close. These titans are matching 3 x 680 oc.

What PCI-E are you running with these cards? I assume both cards are at least x8?

Both are x8.

Sent from my GT-N7000

Yeah that's awesome. My 680 Lightnings were running @ around 1400mhz or so if i rememeber.. and 1.3v though which is really pushing it on water and that was pretty good at the time but can't beat new technology..

Look how much they kill Even OV lightnings... Titans FTW! :o

This was mine:

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 video card benchmark result - Intel Core i7-3930K Processor,ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. RAMPAGE IV FORMULA score: P20620 3DMarks

That's a nice score, the 3930K's extra cores definitely inflate the overall score thanks to Physics :D I was getting about 21K with the 680s I had on air + 1.2v. These Titans are certainly beasts, I think if I did a full OC it could probably do 33k GPU easily.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just ordered a pair of EVGA backplates for these. Doesn't do much for functionality but just looks great.

Anyone hear of nvidia's answer to 7990 yet? Possibly a 790GTX using two cut down Titan LEs with 5GB VRAM each? $999. Performance between Titan and Titan SLI.

Anyone hear of nvidia's answer to 7990 yet? Possibly a 790GTX using two cut down Titan LEs with 5GB VRAM each? $999. Performance between Titan and Titan SLI.

Yeah it's called 690 and has been around a year.

Sent from my GT-N7000

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah it's called 690 and has been around a year.

Sent from my GT-N7000

ROFL

So true!

Plus CF-X on a card is not a good idea right now, CF-X in general really.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah it's called 690 and has been around a year. Sent from my GT-N7000
Hmmm as a dual 690 user I have to disagree here. The 690 is castrated when it comes to compute, GK110 definitely isn't. Also the 2GB framebuffer per GPU is quite outdated in comparison. A dual GK110 board for $1k would rock. :)

Hmmm as a dual 690 user I have to disagree here. The 690 is castrated when it comes to compute, GK110 definitely isn't. Also the 2GB framebuffer per GPU is quite outdated in comparison. A dual GK110 board for $1k would rock. :)

The 2GB is definitely a point but compute power is not a factor for consumer gaming cards.

Sent from my GT-N7000

In all the game benches I've seen so far the 690 and the 7990 are within a few FPS, which makes sense given the cores they're based on. They're obvious competitors, nvidia just got their card out way earlier.

I agree about both points on compute power - nvidia definitely nerfed it, which sucks for those hoping to save money on pro cards, but it's not terribly relevant to most people.

7990 makes no sense unless you really want xfire on a single slot. Two 7970s cost $800 and would o/c better. If you're into that thing. My experience with 7900 series (for gaming) is they tend to have great numbers on paper but gaming they *feel* slower if that makes sense. They are great if you're into DC projects or mining though.

Have you upgraded to triple titan yet? Once you've got two it's hard to stop there...

Still, it is a reference design PCB. when can we get a fully utilized GK110 core base not-reference extreme design? I mean Titan Ultra or whatever you wana call it. I bought 8 Titans just for folding, not a single one I would use for gaming, because its limited OC potential and its look is not sexy enough to fit in my gaming rig. since they sell this stuff in such a premium price, I would expect the Nvidia should release a extreme BIOS file with no limits in terms of temp or voltage for those who want to OC the crap out of it, otherwise GTX 780 is a much better choice for gaming