Clevo Metabox P570WM monster laptop

Clevorr

Hi,

I am new to this forum.

Just received my XMG u702 from MySN.eu.

This are the specs:

3930k, 7970x2 crossfire and 2x4GB of ram.

Until now I have been keeping it at default settings.

These are my scores in Vantage and 3Dmark11:

post-1473-14494995807702_thumb.jpg

post-1473-14494995809291_thumb.jpg

post-1473-14494995808577_thumb.jpg

Hi,

I am new to this forum.

Just received my XMG u702 from MySN.eu.

This are the specs:

3930k, 7970x2 crossfire and 2x4GB of ram.

Until now I have been keeping it at default settings.

These are my scores in Vantage and 3Dmark11:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]8469[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]8471[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]8472[/ATTACH]

Welcome man, nice. There are a lot of mods and stuff here on this forum if your interested in going further too. Its a beast laptop but has so much more potential if your willing. Enjoy the new monster!! :chuncky:

Thanks.

I have so many questions about this laptop. My old one was a full spec "humble " XPS M1730 :beguiled:.

Of course I want to extract the most out of it and as allways there is no such thing as enough.....

1.I don't know if I have the P570WM, or the P570WM3 - the P570WM3 is the one with nVidia glasses ?

2.I have experienced some problems with the screen/video cards/drivers : when I play games, and arrive at a dark scene (let's say a night map in CS Source, or the zerg creep in SC2), the lower 1/3 of the screen has horizontal white banding: there are a few horizontal lanes that come and go, witch are brighter than the rest of the screen. The best analogy that I can make, is like the screen is shivering. This is only in games as in Windows it doesn't manifest.

I tried installing new drivers - it got worse than with MySN drivers;

I tried disabling Crossfire - a little success - it isn't as obvious, but it still is.

Do you have the same problems with nVidia cards ?

3.Would make a difference if I use Coolaboratory Liquid Ultra or Liquid Pro - wouldn't it corode something from the heatsinks ?

4. Is it possible with Perma Mod to disable 2 cores from the 3930K, and have more headroom with OC? Most games barely use 4 cores and I am not that much into video encoding, so I would be just fine with 4 plus the HT

5. The guys from the MySN told me they do not recommend putting 2133MHz memory in this machine.... Would it make cpu OC more difficult if I had quad channel memory ? I am not looking to have more than 4x4GB of 2133MHz RAM

I appreciate for making time reading these posts.

Hello, I just got a Clevo P570WM ( XMG U702 SCHENKER ) with a i7 3820 cpu and i have the problem that turbo boost not work at all, always is at 3600 MHz.I installed PREMA BIOS MOD, and turbo boost don't work even with this bios mod? what can i do? Can i replace the i7 3820 with a i7 3930K so overclocking finally works? Thanks.

Hello, I just got a Clevo P570WM ( XMG U702 SCHENKER ) with a i7 3820 cpu and i have the problem that turbo boost not work at all, always is at 3600 MHz.I installed PREMA BIOS MOD, and turbo boost don't work even with this bios mod? what can i do? Can i replace the i7 3820 with a i7 3930K so overclocking finally works? Thanks.

Make sure you have set Windows and Clevo control Center to Power mode, Turbo works on all CPUs that we have tested with the Mod.

Also keep in mind that 3.8Ghz is only the maximum one core Turbo of that CPU. 3.6Ghz and less is normal while using more cores...

Make sure you have set Windows and Clevo control Center to Power mode, Turbo works on all CPUs that we have tested with the Mod.

Also keep in mind that 3.8Ghz is only the maximum one core Turbo of that CPU. 3.6Ghz and less is normal while using more cores...

Hope Clevo make one with dual desktop CPU support. That'll be awesome ;D

They had an April 1st joke about putting 2 Xenon

Theoretically should be possible (they would fit into the thermal and power envelope) - if you give up one of the gpus - but this is a pure speculation

They had an April 1st joke about putting 2 Xenon

Theoretically should be possible (they would fit into the thermal and power envelope) - if you give up one of the gpus - but this is a pure speculation

The laptop is like 5 inches thick. You can probably stack the GPUs like how some laptops stack memory to free a spot for a 2nd CPU. Then they can ditch the battery since 8 cells is completely inadequate and put in a 3rd GPU there for tri-SLI. Then they can get rid of the screen and keyboard to make more room for cooling at the same thickness.

• Thumbs Up 1

My laptop gets quite warm in the left palm-rest area - almost uncomfortable. Did any of you experienced this ?

Yes mine as well, i dunno why as to not sure what is underneath.. Sometimes its bad but most of the time its just warmer than it really should be. Mmmm

• Thumbs Up 1

Yes mine as well, i dunno why as to not sure what is underneath.. Sometimes its bad but most of the time its just warmer than it really should be. Mmmm

OK. Now I won't worry anymore. It's not a problem if everybody has it....:playful:

Can you use Throttle STOP on this laptop, or that's just for mobile cpus ?

• 2 weeks later...

Strange Clyde and many others use Prema Mod v2 (BIOS v10, EC v08) & 780M vBIOS v09 and it works, while the same combination results in a black screen for you and SFVogt...

@Clevorr

If you have a kilowatt meter,... Can you measure the total watts draw from running test 1 of 3dmark11.

Reason being....Not really sold on the idea of this 300+300 psu is really working. Sure, it's doing something...but the real question is...exactly what.

Would like to see if you draw more that at least 438W to 443W which is what our psu cuts off at.

Thanks.

Yeah @johnksss, my machine pulls 480W tipping 500W at times in 3dmark11 test 1 with bench OC settings..

2hhlyww.jpgc14hs.jpg

Is the GPU cooling much better then the P370em? If so I'd like to try to mod the heat sinks to fit my P370em slave card.

Yes, its a ton better due to the cooler design and the positions where the GPU,s are mounted. Also the larger thickness size helps.

• Thumbs Up 1

Does the P570WM have the same die contact issues as other clevos? It seems that all high end clevos have stress marks in the copper contact plates caused by the process clevo used to bond them to the heatpipes. You can see these marks following where the heatpipes are on the processor die side.

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks.

I have so many questions about this laptop. My old one was a full spec "humble " XPS M1730 :beguiled:.

Of course I want to extract the most out of it and as allways there is no such thing as enough.....

1.I don't know if I have the P570WM, or the P570WM3 - the P570WM3 is the one with nVidia glasses ?

2.I have experienced some problems with the screen/video cards/drivers : when I play games, and arrive at a dark scene (let's say a night map in CS Source, or the zerg creep in SC2), the lower 1/3 of the screen has horizontal white banding: there are a few horizontal lanes that come and go, witch are brighter than the rest of the screen. The best analogy that I can make, is like the screen is shivering. This is only in games as in Windows it doesn't manifest.

I tried installing new drivers - it got worse than with MySN drivers;

I tried disabling Crossfire - a little success - it isn't as obvious, but it still is.

Do you have the same problems with nVidia cards ?

3.Would make a difference if I use Coolaboratory Liquid Ultra or Liquid Pro - wouldn't it corode something from the heatsinks ?

4. Is it possible with Perma Mod to disable 2 cores from the 3930K, and have more headroom with OC? Most games barely use 4 cores and I am not that much into video encoding, so I would be just fine with 4 plus the HT

5. The guys from the MySN told me they do not recommend putting 2133MHz memory in this machine.... Would it make cpu OC more difficult if I had quad channel memory ? I am not looking to have more than 4x4GB of 2133MHz RAM

I appreciate for making time reading these posts.

Since nobody answered... I sent an e-mail to the MySN guys describing all of the above;

Long story short, my laptop is in service right now at MySN.

I will update this when I will have some news.