Clevo Metabox P570WM monster laptop

Clevorr

Was a pretty cool night so i ran some benches outside where it was a good deal cooler than inside as Johnksss said and got more out of this beast, Also took the base off the laptop and sat it about 2" off the floor..

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680M video card benchmark result - Intel Core i7-3930K Processor,Notebook P570WM

2dr5nqr.jpg

AND i dunno if this is any good, first time running Vantage so here you go svI7 :S LOL

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680M video card benchmark result - Intel Core i7-3930K Processor,Notebook P570WM

2larokz.jpg

My memory on these cards suck and is only a small OC because it starts to artifact when i go further, just unlucky to have cards with crap memory.. Memory has taken a chunk out of my scores. :(

• Thumbs Up 2

@Clevorr

What was your voltage on the CPU for 4.5ghz? CPU-z sucks at reporting voltage (and clockspeed, and memory timings, and pretty much everything, I don't know why people still want it to make results "official").

Your GPU voltage is sub 1.1V too right? I think all the AW guys ran at 1.1V for their top scores.

Now that's what im talking about. Nice job there.

Hahaha yeah bit better aye, but the damn memory clocks are hurting me and they get upset if i go much higher even in the cooler conditions. Very ordinary Memory on my cards :( Damn, the total score would be nice with some 780m,s i reckon, Might do that sometime soon. lol

@Clevorr

What was your voltage on the CPU for 4.5ghz? CPU-z sucks at reporting voltage (and clockspeed, and memory timings, and pretty much everything, I don't know why people still want it to make results "official").

Your GPU voltage is sub 1.1V too right? I think all the AW guys ran at 1.1V for their top scores.

Yeah most people know its only a guide, its just good to give you an idea. Needs about 1.34v for 4.5ghz under load. And no, that is now the 1.1v vbios for the GPU,s as i only got a little more out of the vbios before. Don't think it will go any higher core clock than this tbh, well to be bench Stable anyways.. 1130mhz was the absolute max i could run the benches with this 1.1v v.b.

wow :o that's a beastly fast lappy you got there Clevorr, I'm drooling all over. This might be the reason for me to buy another laptop. That would be more than adequate for the video editing jobs I have stacking up.

Thanks! Yeah i am very happy with this monster, it suites me perfectly and after having all the other hi end Laptops, this is my favorite out of all of them. ;)

Next time you feel in a good benching mood and it's cool out. Uninstall the second card and run it in the master slot. Try to find out which card is your weakest card.

• Thumbs Up 1

GTX680M vBIOS 80.04.67.00.01

Yeah i dunno if there is a newer overvolted version v67.. No point if its just the normal volt vbios as that will only allow 980mhz core clock. ????? :S

Hey @Prema, just a question.. This modded bios we running is the bugs sorted for the Adjusting Ram ? I have 16gb 1866mhz cl10 memory installed and when i try to change it sometimes it does not except the values and when in windows its still 1600mhz, then sometimes it kinda does work i think and then locks up at windows boot so i have just been running at 1600 to avoid problems all this time. Is this just me or this problem exists ???

To make RAM OC stick we have to set them in Mod BIOS then safe and exit to windows and to a full shutdown.

Only then they will be applied at the next boot.

The lock-up just means that the Timings are too tight and the RAM can't take it.

clevorr, try to loosen up ur timings to like CL12 when applying 1866mhz. then when the clocks stick stably, tighten the timings one by one again to find ur sweet spot :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah okay thanks i will try that. Umm, only thing is regarding the "lockup" I set the ram to its stock rated default speed and timings and it freezes.. Hahahahaa But anyways, will see what happens. :joyous:

Edit: Hmmm, it did work but will see how buggy it is running like this. i could never get it to run at 1866 before, maybe this newest bios helps. interesting i got an increase of 600 points in my physics score just by running the ram at 1866mhz cl10. need to run all my benches again.. LOL

@Clyde just got P13140 marks for Physics at only 4ghz running my memory at 1866 cl10. :59: Dunno why yours is so low as i still get P12500 marks for CPU running memory at 1600mhz still at 4ghz.

Yeah i dunno why, you should be getting a more than that. I will run mine again soon and with my new ram settings i should be able to get 15k + physics.. Umm not sure but i run 16gb, 4gb each in all 4 slots.. I run in quad channel maybe that's why i get a lot higher score.. ??

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah i dunno why, you should be getting a more than that. I will run mine again soon and with my new ram settings i should be able to get 15k + physics.. Umm not sure but i run 16gb, 4gb each in all 4 slots.. I run in quad channel maybe that's why i get a lot higher score.. ??

That is exactly why. 3d11 loves more ram or at least 12gb to 16gb. Not sure what happens with more.

• Thumbs Up 2

I'd like to buy P570WM but i am thinking about ram. Where can i buy quad channel ram for it? I can't see it in shops. I'd like to buy 4x8GB. Please send me more info how it is possible to have quad channel ram in this clevo.

I think when i add 2x8GB 1866Mhz dual channel + 2x8GB 1866Mhz dual channel it doeasn't give me quad channel... :)

Is there anybody with radeon 7970m (OC) on P570WM? :)

@Clevorr

If you have a kilowatt meter,... Can you measure the total watts draw from running test 1 of 3dmark11.

Reason being....Not really sold on the idea of this 300+300 psu is really working. Sure, it's doing something...but the real question is...exactly what.

Would like to see if you draw more that at least 438W to 443W which is what our psu cuts off at.

Thanks.

@Clevorr

If you have a kilowatt meter,... Can you measure the total watts draw from running test 1 of 3dmark11.

Reason being....Not really sold on the idea of this 300+300 psu is really working. Sure, it's doing something...but the real question is...exactly what.

Would like to see if you draw more that at least 438W to 443W which is what our psu cuts off at.

Thanks.

Yeah i will do that for you as soon as i can, i am away atm.. Yeah i was interested in how it works also. I usually just run one when my laptop is Idle or surfing the net and a few times i forgot to switch the second Brick on and i have entered a game and the laptop has shut off completely within a couple minutes in the game. LOL

Settings for gaming is 4ghz @1.3v and SLI 980mhz core @1050mv..

I only have one kilowatt meter and two 330w bricks plug into 2 seperate 240v power sockets so i will be able to see what is going on by joining the power surge board to the meter and on the wall socket and see what happens. This Clevo adapter as far as i know runs the 2 power bricks in "parallel" which keeps the same voltage but almost doubles the Watt rating.. :S