Clevo Metabox P570WM monster laptop

Clevorr

Was playing around some more on current 1075mv vbios and with same core Clock as before (1108mhz) and little higher memory than before (1140-1145mhz) It seems that i have good GPU,s for core clock but average Memory as at 1150mhz vram i start to see artifacts. I will try the highest vbios 1100mv in cooler conditions and see if i can put the vram higher, i know the core clock will go higher no problem doing this so will see what happens. More to come when i have more spare time and more tinkering as i still have not got the hang of things properly.. :)

2vueagh.jpg

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680M video card benchmark result - Intel Core i7-3930K Processor,Notebook P570WM score: P15530 3DMarks

2nltfkz.jpg

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680M video card benchmark result - Intel Core i7-3930K Processor,Notebook P570WM score: P15537 3DMarks

5luw05.jpg

Cheers!

• Thumbs Up 1

Nice, you should maybe also update your cards to vBIOS 80.04.67.00.01, which is the appropriate version for the P570WMx. :)

@Prema Yeah i dunno, you gave me that vbios a while ago, is there a newer "high volt" versions for my machine ??

Thanks,

Clevorr,

For better heat dissipation from the bottom of the card (lower memory chip) try to put across the width under the card a thick (100x100x5mm) thermo pad.

With 1.075V vbios you can go easily up to 1250MHz for memory and 1120MHz for core.

• Thumbs Up 1

I was hoping for some nice AW vs Clevo competition... :P Firestrike is a start, but Vantage is a classic when it comes to DX10 benchmarking. Also since Firestrike doesn't give points on the bot so far I haven't benched it yet... and therefore have no idea about judging the scores. That's why I'd love to see some Vantage.

Btw feel free to join the T|I hwbot team and submit your top scores on the bot. ;)

Hi,

New to forum and new owner of P570wm. So far I'm loving this mobil workstation with the exception of the weak bios. I just got mine built up a couple days ago and have been testing it out and have run accross a couple oddities.

For starters, I've got two Corsair Force 480 gig drives striped. they are both on the sata 3 ports. My reads are 1/2 of of the writes which is ususally backwards of what you would see. Any thoughts? I've checked drivers/etc but haven't come across anything odd. I've also have an OCZ 256gig drive on the Sata 2 port as my boot drive. It's obviously being throttled.

post-14163-14494995541124_thumb.jpg

I do a fair amount of video editing and 3D animation while traveling, hence why I built this computer. I'd really like to get the read speed of the raid up to where it should be.

thoughts?

Thanks

Another issue I've run across.

I can't seem to get the sub to work with either music or a movie with 5.1 sound.

I've adjusted the Realtek interface, the Sound Blaster Console and the THX program.

If I disable the THX Speaker option and click on the sub in Speaker Test in Realtek, I hear the sample audio playing. If I disable all the other channels and play either music or a movie with 5.1, I get nothing from the sub. In the sound blaster console under Mixer, I'm pull down all the channels but Sub to see if I can hear anything comming from that channel. There's nothing.

Thoughts? Anyone else experiencing this?

Thank you

Forgot to mention, (not that it should really matter with my two questions above.) I have the 780m video (1) and the 1.02.10 bios as I don't have enought posts yet to get/try Prema's.

post-14163-14494995541124_thumb.jpg

I have the 780m video (1) and the 1.02.10 bios as I don't have enought posts yet to get/try Prema's.

Hi and welcome to T|I!

Can you tell me the vbios version of your 780m?

• Thumbs Up 1

I've been looking at this monster for a while now, it's a real powerhouse but real ugly and I don't see any point in having a laptop without having it in your lap on the sofa.

I always have my laptops in my lap with the mouse on the sofa when playing games etc :D

In regards to BCLK overclocking on the P570WM, I found from the datasheet that it uses this PLL:

ICS932SQ420DGLFT

I have no idea if any programs support overclocking it or if the datasheet is available, but maybe you guys can work with this and max out your memory better and OC the locked chips like the 3820 and xeons some.

I've been looking at this monster for a while now, it's a real powerhouse but real ugly and I don't see any point in having a laptop without having it in your lap on the sofa.

I always have my laptops in my lap with the mouse on the sofa when playing games etc :D

Yeah its definitely not for everyone. Only reason i got it is i move around a bit and still want to have a powerful system with me and carrying around my previous desktop which was custom made and cooled unit weighed almost 20kg and impossible to take all components anywhere with me. The P570WM is massive but you can easily take it with you and it has as much grunt as a lot of desktops and its been awesome!!

In regards to BCLK overclocking on the P570WM, I found from the datasheet that it uses this PLL:

ICS932SQ420DGLFT

I have no idea if any programs support overclocking it or if the datasheet is available, but maybe you guys can work with this and max out your memory better and OC the locked chips like the 3820 and xeons some.

I tried to get the "Metabox" EC which is what is needed for this, they sent me one but it was the wrong one and they never said anything afterward.. :(

I tried to get the "Metabox" EC which is what is needed for this, they sent me one but it was the wrong one and they never said anything afterward.. :(

The EC has nothing to do with BCLK OC capabillity. It is a combination of BIOS & ME. ;)

I notice that if I put my P570wm with Prema Bios to sleep, after I wake it back up, the PCIe is only 2.5Gbps, not 5 ?

Is this a windows power management thing, or is there a setting in the bios to keep it at 5Gbps ?

The EC has nothing to do with BCLK OC capabillity. It is a combination of BIOS & ME. ;)

My mistake. What did you want the EC for ?? Also, if you ever are able to stop the stupid bios reset to default issue after CPUz or 3dmark11 Sys info etc.. Let me know as its very annoying. :(

I notice that if I put my P570wm with Prema Bios to sleep, after I wake it back up, the PCIe is only 2.5Gbps, not 5 ?

Is this a windows power management thing, or is there a setting in the bios to keep it at 5Gbps ?

THX, made a note!

My mistake. What did you want the EC for ?? Also, if you ever are able to stop the stupid bios reset to default issue after CPUz or 3dmark11 Sys info etc.. Let me know as its very annoying. :(

I just like to have a variety of vendor specific BIOS & ECs. It is good for me to learn, as sometime they use different methods to achieve the same goals, which is strange as same company, which Clevo outsourced to, does all of them.

The reset bug still baffles me as the 3dmark "System Info Scan" process should only read and not write...

THX, made a note!

I just like to have a variety of vendor specific BIOS & ECs. It is good for me to learn, as sometime they use different methods to achieve the same goals, which is strange as same company, which Clevo outsourced to, does all of them.

The reset bug still baffles me as the 3dmark "System Info Scan" process should only read and not write...

haha, Aahh okay i see now. :)

Thanks.

Nice Clyde.

Does anyone know how the single 780m,s are fairing against a single 680m with modded vbios ?? I can't find many ov single 680m runs to compare. ???

Edit: Don't worry, Just seen the SLI results and the modded 780M,s kills the modded 680M,s. Gonna try get more out of mine before i get 780m,s... ;)