Clevo Metabox P570WM monster laptop

Clevorr

• 2 weeks later...
Since nobody answered... I sent an e-mail to the MySN guys describing all of the above;

Long story short, my laptop is in service right now at MySN.

I will update this when I will have some news.

They sent me a new laptop now - because they found some additional problems - the sound card and few others.

The screen still has those whiter horizontal lines when playing dark scenes games - but they appear only when the games run in full screen mode - if I play the games windowed (even if it is at 1900x1080 resolution) the lines don't appear anymore.

So, I think this might be an issue either with the HD 7970M BIOS or with the Catalyst drivers.

• 5 weeks later...
It only has a 300W PSU, which is severely underpowered for that system. Even a 330W M18x PSU (the strongest I am aware of) will also likely be too little so you likely should do a dual PSU mod to overclock that thing significantly. Getting a system like that and NOT overclocking it a ton to me is just insane.

Lol that laptop is like 3 inches thick BTW. It better have good cooling.

Update: It looks like there is actually an adapter made for this system to use 2 PSUs, and the PSUs are now 330W.

Clevo ac-100 is the adapter for the 4 prong female connector.

with dual 330w psu, this system will have load of unused potential. come on clevo, dual screen it

Not only would a dual PSU look beastly in my opinion, but it will keep both power bricks cool, where as just running one for a couple of hours gaming gets so hot I could cook a egg on it.

I'm thinking of hitting up the home depot next paycheck and looking around for a way to connect two power cords into one so it doesn't have to load up the outlets. I'll be posting up a PSU mod once I figure it out.

• 10 months later...
  • 3 months later...
Hello

Hello

I just got P570WM

I have a pb with GTX 780M

config detail

I7 3930K

780M SLI

lcd 120hz

2X4 1600 cl11

670mx test SLI 3GB No problem

similar pb

I have the same issue. Same Notebook (P570WM3 - 120hz LCD), same Graphic Cards, VBios: 80.04.92.00.02, MoBo Rev. 2.1.

How did you solve that? Prema meant that actually it is only manageable by doing a MoBo Hardware-Mod, but I am not familiar with this, nor is my Notebook under warranty anymore.

Any assistance would be great; I just don't want to use them as paperweight! :-(

go too premamod.com there is a how too its really very simple

it you have the mental know how to make a usb bootable drive the hard parts out of the way already :)

That's good news. I will consider that. :fat:

Is your 7970m still for sale? If yes, would you please send me a PM for Details? I Need a 7970m Rev. 1.2 for upgrading my P170HM.

sorry mate gone only got gtx780ms up for grabs

for some reason i cant edit my signiture atm it just revert to my pervious after i save.

- - - Updated - - -

That's good news. I will consider that. :fat:

Is your 7970m still for sale? If yes, would you please send me a PM for Details? I Need a 7970m Rev. 1.2 for upgrading my P170HM.

stick a 780m in your x7200 and drop a gtx675m from your x7200 in your hm i imagine thats doable now the gtx680m can function in he hm,ill investigate.

stick a 780m in your x7200 and drop a gtx675m from your x7200 in your hm i imagine thats doable now the gtx680m can function in he hm,ill investigate.

As far as I know the GTX 780m is not compatible with the X7200; may be with a Special mod from Prema but I doubt that. Found anything in the Forums about that.

If the 675mx has a vbios for the P150EM/170EM on it, then I could probably use it in the HM machine.

• 8 years later...