Enya

Question

• Answers 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

If you can find a p370em their on clearance. I got mine with two gtx670mx when oc is basically similar in performance to two 680s. Got mine with 3840qm and 256 gb crucial sad for $1950.

QUick question: do the 670mx's really overclock to 680m speeds?

guy's i'd like some advice about these two monster

Any real life experience is welcome cause i really don't kow

which to choose .

it would be helpfull if sombody could give the p570 real life working temps for cpu ,gpu etc...) thanks you

It hits 12600 in 3dmark11 Graphics when overclocked to 1.025v that most 680m vbios are set at. Stock 680m is around 11000 so yeah the 670mx go beyond stock speeds of 680m sli.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]8662[/ATTACH]

Yep, those 670mx GPU's overclock like nobodies business! I've had similar success with mine, albeit I don't have an sli enabled notebook.

Dont the 670mx in SLI draw too much power for a 330watt brick?

I calculated that my overclocked 670MX uses about 85W of power when gaming, and my entire system uses 145W when gaming. If I was to imagine that I'm adding another 670MX to simulate sli, then that would mean 230W power consumption for my fictional laptop. So it looks like a 330W power brick would be enough, and a 240W brick would be pushing it a bit fine.

It would be fun if laptops could have replaceable processor, video card, etc.. like desktop PC.

These were my exact thoughts after getting an Asus and wanting to upgrade GPU. I had a lousy gtx260m back then and it broke. The lappy was running real hot too.

Some time later I discovered that the Alienware Laptops are fully upgradable! :) How cool is that? Some people are running 680m in Sli and prolly 780m on the first gen ;)

I despise the battery/voltage issues with these gaming laptops. I want something that is mobile, but I hate that I cannot get a decent frame rate on my y500 without having it plugged in. The tech industry is moving so quickly yet batteries have remained largely undeveloped in the same time frame, I wish this would be addressed in regards to all forms of technology.

I despise the battery/voltage issues with these gaming laptops. I want something that is mobile, but I hate that I cannot get a decent frame rate on my y500 without having it plugged in. The tech industry is moving so quickly yet batteries have remained largely undeveloped in the same time frame, I wish this would be addressed in regards to all forms of technology.

Haha, I agree! (Although I don't ever need to game on battery). Battery tech is real slow in developing. I don't know much about it, but I have a feeling that it might just be a limited tech, in as much as perhaps they're already at the maximum that battery technology can deliver. (Maybe similar to how the current silicon chip technology is starting to reach its limits with regard to decreasing nm process size).

SLI on a laptop is garbage, at least for nVidia cards. Unless the game has been built from the ground up specifically to target mobile SLI, you will get worse performance in games like Rome 2.

If you can afford SLI then build a desktop!