BF3 & my GTX 460 OC

agadaemon

hey guys,

At the current moment im still unable to get that kick out of my little card i bought a few years ago for my BF3 (which i compete at a national level at in my country)

Just want to ask if anyone has any ideas of how to maximize the gaming potential of this little guy till i can get a new ATI card

is there a way to over clock or set it up for better gameplay?

PS: i have set up the bf3 in nvidia control panel according to the right methods just want to know if there is anything in the bios im missing

Many thanks

AgadaemoN

hahaha no dont have msi after burner will try and get it thanks... i have to use the aek or m16 as i play competitively and those are most used assault guns so if i go down and teammate swops kits he has to use my gun and there for he knows how to shoot with it.. g3a3/an-94 are awesome weapons but very unconventional in team sports as 40% of us only have shot it once or twice so its a team effort

• 4 weeks later...

I don't think there's much else you can do besides turning all your settings down and optimizing your cfg file. Overclocking a video card will only marginally improve frame rates, when a video card is already too slow in general. I'm afraid it's new card time if you're looking for a real boost.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If you play competitive , either tune down your settings to gain higher frames ( Use MSI afterburner to both monitor ingame frames, temps, usage and overclocks of your graphics card )

OR

Buy a single stronger graphics card able to push the frames ( i'd recommend you getting a 120Hz capable screen since i noticed a MASSIVE difference in BF3 online compared to using my old 60Hz screen )